1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

6666 Comments Before 2022!!!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by H0Y, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinel

Spinel Pronounced Spin-nell, not Spine-el VIP+

Minecraft:
    I'm not sure if the above two are essays, copypastas, or incomprehensible gibberish, but whatever the case is, I'll copy-paste my english essay from a month ago (I wrote this at 3 am the morning before it was due and I got a 97, plz appreciate it)

The Effects of Wealth and Greed

Why do wealthy people tend to feel unhappy? In some ways, this statement is ironic. An individual who has a lot of money could afford whatever they want. One would logically think that wealthy people could purchase whatever they want to distract them from their issues. However, many opulent people always want more money or feel as if they need to have more money than everyone else. Mathilde Loisel in Guy de Maupassant’s “The Necklace” shares these sentiments. In the story, she believes that she needs expensive dresses and jewelry to validate herself, which indirectly causes her issues. The major flaws of Mme. Loisel include her selfish personality and her delusional mindset, which lead her to her troubles by making her dishonest with herself and others.

Mme. Loisel’s selfish personality contributes to her manipulative tactics and her inability to admit her mistakes. She exploits people who care about her in order to receive what she wants. When Monsieur Loisel brought home an invitation to a party, Mme. Loisel felt upset because she did not have a dress for it. “Oh, nothing. Only I don’t have an evening dress and therefore I can’t go to that party. Give the card to some friend at the office whose wife can dress better than I can” (Lines 65-68). Instead of respectfully discussing with her husband about buying a dress, Mme. Loisel replied passive aggressively. First, she says sarcastically that nothing is wrong, and then tells M. Loisel to give the invitation to someone else, manipulating him into buying a dress for her. Mme. Loisel acts rude to her friend, Madame Forestier. Mme. Forestier allowed Mme. Loisel to borrow a piece of jewelry for the party. “She tried on these adornments in front of the mirror, but hesitated, unable to decide which to part with and put back. She kept on asking, “Haven’t you something else?” (Line 103). Even when she tried on all of that jewelry, Mme. Loisel has the audacity to ask Mme. Forestier if she has any more. After paying the debt for the necklace ruined her life, Mme. Loisel behaves the same way she always has towards Mme. Forestier. “Yes, I’ve had a hard time since last seeing you. And all on account of you!” (Lines 237-238). Instead of accepting that she was wrong, Mme. Loisel blames other people. She does not acknowledge that it was entirely her fault for losing the necklace. Her personality leads to her troubles by making her dishonest with others. Mme. Loisel lost the necklace and lied to Mme. Forestier about it, only to replace it years later and find out that it was fake. In the story, M. and Mme. Loisel bought the replacement necklace for 3600 francs, as opposed to the cost of 500 francs for the paste one. If Mme. Loisel just told Forestier the truth, she would not have spent ten years paying off the debt to replace the necklace. Mme. Loisel’s egotistical personality causes her to not address her mistakes effectively and lie to others, therefore causing her predicament with the necklace.

Mme. Loisel’s delusional mindset causes her to think illogically. Throughout the story, she feels entitled to a luxurious life and she feels deprived of such luxury.“She grieved over the shabbiness of her apartment, the dinginess of the walls, the worn-out appearance of the chairs, the ugliness of the draperies. All of these things, which another woman of her class would not have even noticed, gnawed at her and made her furious” (Lines 12-16). Other people would not notice the plainness of Mme. Loisel’s apartment, but it still torments her. Mme. Loisel’s standards for her wealth are unrealistic. This causes Mme. Loisel to feel extremely unhappy. She compares her wealth to other people’s wealth so much that it interferes with her life. “She had a well-to-do friend, a classmate of convent-school days whom she would no longer go to see, simply because she would feel so distressed on returning home” (Lines 38-40). Mme. Loisel’s standards for herself causes her so much distress to the point of cutting ties with a friend. The only person who seems to have an issue with Mme. Loisel’s wealth is herself. No one else seems to care or acknowledge Mme. Loisel’s wealth. If Mme. Loisel’s friend mocked her for not being as rich as her, cutting ties would be understandable, but that is not the case. When Mme. Loisel dismissed her maid to help pay off the necklace, she had to do household chores herself. “She learned to do the heavy housework, to perform the hateful duties of cooking. She washed dishes, wearing down her shell-pink nails scouring the grease” (Lines 202-204). She describes cooking, a common household chore, as a “hateful duty”. She thinks that doing these chores by herself makes her a lower class person, but these chores must be done in order to live a healthy life. Her mindset lead to her troubles by making her dishonest with herself. Mme. Loisel’s delusions cause her to want the necklace in the first place. If she was satisfied with her dress, she would not have had the chance to lose the necklace. Mme. Loisel’s delusions cause her to create unrealistic expectations of her wealth, therefore causing her to feel miserable.

In conclusion, Mme. Loisel’s main flaws are her selfish personality and her delusional mindset. Mme. Loisel would rather take advantage of people rather than having a conversation with them, and she does not learn from her mistakes. Her delusions cause her to think illogically and her standards for her wealth are unrealistic. Mme. Loisel’s debacle is caused by her being dishonest with herself and others. If she told Forestier the truth about the necklace, she would not have ruined her life trying to replace it. However, if she did not impose high standards on herself, she would not have wanted the necklace. Therefore, she would not have had a chance to lose it. Many wealthy people share similar feelings with Mme. Loisel.They may feel that others look down on them for not looking as lavish as everyone else. Nevertheless, it is important for one to appreciate what they do have instead of thinking about what they do not have.

Tsuneo likes this.
  2. Tsukiji

Tsukiji Basking in nostalgia

10/10 essay
    Also weeb plagurized josh smh my head

3. pippi~

pippi~ ritoru demon

Minecraft:
    well he asked what is was

4. Tsukiji

No excuses for plagurizing

5. pippi~

pippi~ ritoru demon

Minecraft:
    shit mb

6. Spinel

Minecraft:
    Chillin' with a hair tie,
    No makeup with some sweatpants on.
    You know I can always be that guy,
    You can think about me all night long
    But I think you need something to think of me.
    Something that will keep you warm
    And show we can be more than just this
    So baby if you are not ready for my kiss
    Then you can wear my sweatshirt
    And you can tell your friends we'll be together till the end
    Girl you can wear my sweatshirt
    Cuz you're the only one I hold and I don't want you to be cold
    So baby wear mine
    When you go to sleep at night, When you wake up in the morning
    And when you walk the halls girl you know wanna flaunt it
    Said this may be the start of something new
    Girl I'm gonna tell you exactly what I wanna do is more than just this
    So baby if you are not ready for my kiss
    Then you can wear my sweatshirt
    So baby wear mine...
    And you can wear my, my, my, my sweatshirt
    And I don't want you to be cold,
    Cold, co- co- co- cold
    So you can wear my
    So you can wear my sweatshirt
    So baby wear my
    Sweatshirt
    So baby wear my

7. Tsukiji

Bruh
    Finish your sentences

8. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll finish it

skin.

9. Tsukiji

Ty. <3
    What type of design does it have? It it clashes with the rest of,my clotges I wont bother

10. Spinel

Minecraft:
    I am going to say the n word and no one can stop me

Niggardly

11. Tsukiji

*Nigeria

12. Spinel

Minecraft:
    *Niger

13. Tsukiji

*Neir

14. Spinel

Minecraft:
    Everything's made in China. Even babies, which are made in Vachina.

15. Tsukiji

Capture.png

16. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  17. Spinel

Minecraft:
  18. pippi~

pippi~ ritoru demon