Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Hotfix 2.0 - Hotfix #2

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Sep 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If I had it to do over again, I would bank ability points to keep from having it as long; maybe even bank 5 so I would never have it at all and go straight to triple. And yes, even realizing I would delay getting storm. I was incredibly disappointed when I got it as I was just starting to get okay-ish with the circling technique. A good analogy for sharpshooter versus boltslinger is sniper rifle versus sawed off shotgun, except a shotgun will hit what's in front of you as well as spreading some damage around. I am very pleased with triple shot; I got more distance and accuracy with the center arrow than I expected. But I can't stand my ground and outduel many on level mobs with ranged weapons, which is fair; I chose not to be a sharpshooter. I have to run or take an evasive path in closer to take them out.

Anyway, I would suggest going further and making double shot a dead end branch like windy feet. Keeping it as a requirement for triple would be fine; when you got there, you would just have to go back and get it or wait until you could get both, meaning just paying more for triple.

I didn't get much in the way of replies to my thread whining about it, so obviously not everyone shares my intense dislike for it. But I was just getting good at a fighting style that required me to hit what's in front of me before it is right in my face.

2. ThurinTurambar

ThurinTurambar Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Yep, Pure is dead
    The major id replacing entropy is a very insignificant one, it might as well not exist.
    Entropy was the reason for pure to have such low base damage, which would in turn enforce certain builds to make it even one bit competetive compared to endgame wands.

Crowd control? In most scenarios its laughable - good luck crowd controlling a boss, and you dont really need it in combat with regular mobs since they usually aint a challange at all.
    So why such a weird decision? Do you want to make the weapon so bad that it actually needs the CC?

Thanks devs for ruining the last bit of fun i had in playing mage, time to become a healing monkey only again

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    Wackolo likes this.
  3. ThurinTurambar

ThurinTurambar Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Also i'd say lootruning is bad design - goes against the principle of *high risk high reward*. Raids would be a much better option for gaining good loot, but it would need to have a much bigger range of items that can drop so that market saturation does not occur so easily

But the best option in my opinion is creating small zones marked as dangerous - zones with perma hunted, but very good loot compared to regular lootruning areas.
    This would achieve several things - first the resolving of the previously mentioned principle, since u have to compete with other players. Secondly it encourages cooperation and gives actual reason to be in a guild - you actually benefit yourself from being in an active one! Lastly it creates ever shifting content by making players create builds and strategies which they actually use against a learning and inteligent opponent - of course meta would form, but slight balance changes would make things interesting again.

4. CGS

CGS Raw Emerald Farmer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

5. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The Community:
    "Base uppercut is literally dog ass, and it's almost a requirement to take Half-Moon Swipe to make it usable."

Salted:
    Genius, truly.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    Aftershokke, ThedumbOX, Sumit and 7 others like this.
  6. Hansel

Hansel A Traveler HERO

Minecraft:
    Thank you Salad, very cool

Jackkoh likes this.
  7. Wackolo

Wackolo the converger CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    can we get a gravity well buff

8. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    okay, I gotta ask: what does 'lower win rate' mean here? is it like dungeon win rate? how do you keep track of which archetypes are getting used?

Sg_Voltage and luckeyLuuk like this.
  9. Gamer_PernYren

Gamer_PernYren Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    \(〇_o)/ ( ´・・)ノ(._.`)

10. Derpy894

Derpy894 I'm Derpy CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yeah, spell-based assassins are cool, but leaving no possibility for melee-only assassin is NOT cool. Allowing a player to make diverse choices within a class is like the main selling point of 2.0...Assassin is lacking in that right now.

glaivekill likes this.
  11. AlanGreyson

AlanGreyson WynnArtist VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Salted please nerf Solar Vanguard please. He's too cracked to kill and he even managed to wipe out my team of 2 archers, a shaman, and a warrior which he did it in like 20 seconds. He needs to be nerfed significantly

12. HerobrineLiu

HerobrineLiu Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Pog mage tp range increase

13. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    shadestepper heavy melee be like

(im using this btw)

14. Derpy894

Derpy894 I'm Derpy CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Out of pure curiosity, are you purely using Shadestepper or are you mixing paths?

15. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    purely using shade

16. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 buff assassin CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    if you got water damage then it isnt that hard
    also get good

17. cookier

cookier Travelled Adventurer

can you make it so that i can see at least 1 trickster in any sort endgame content

18. ShadeLeone

ShadeLeone Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Someone make heavy melee eq trickster assassin build to prove a point, if its even possible

19. DungeonBee

DungeonBee Hunter of the Realm

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No possibility for melee? You’ve seen shadestepper melee now get ready for: Trickster melee
    Non-mythic: https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder#7_0u30ZS0XY0VN0Jf0BK0BI0uH0Gc1E16001S0t1g00000zz++++-ldxDjd4F0
    Mythic: https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...+0uH0Qh120+021u0t1g00001006COzz++++-ldxRjd470

20. SoulyHere

SoulyHere She/Her

Minecraft:
    Make Crepuscular Ray toggleable by shift+arrow storm >:(

shacers likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.