Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

1.8 Class Idea (my Version): Necromancer (now Retired)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Untitled Doc, Apr 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

Was this a Good Idea?

1. Good Idea

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. Good, but needs some changes

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. OK Idea

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Bad Idea, but could be changed

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Bad Idea

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Untitled Doc

Untitled Doc 1 man robotics team

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This thread was created on Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 5:49 PM (US Eastern)
    This thread was retired on Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 12:14 PM (US Eastern)

Note: I am NOT pushing for this to be added to the game. However, in order for you guys to give unbiased feedback, pretend that I am.

So since I had received a suggestion prompting me to create a class based around the idea of summoning (forgot who, it is in one of my older threads). The one thing I have always had against summoning is the idea of spamming the amount of things you can have, and the other is that summoning might create lag. With these ideas in mind, I tried to make a class focused around annoying your enemies, but if left unattended to, can cause serious amounts of damage. I choose necromancer because I felt that the mobs that are summoned should not be able to take the role of the class, and that the person should have more power than the mob. Naturally, I choose skeleton for my base class since I feel unarmored skeletons are much more flimsy than something like a zombie.

I kept mage in mind, so this class will be sort of like the dark side of the mage, not just cosmetics but also in the functions they can perform. Mages can provide lots of healing and (used to do way more) lots of damage. Instead of healing a group, I considered self healing, and instead of "nuked" damage (lots of damage in short amount of time) I would make enemies vulnerable so that they take more damage, so that teams can be more powerful with a necromancer, but at the same time, the necromancer itself would be vulnerable with the lack of "nuked" damage.

Before I talk about the skills, I would like to mention that I am currently in favor of auras, which means small mana cast but it has mana drain, and you cannot use potions/mana regen or such unless you cancel the effect. In my opinion, that is what makes classes balanced. I also ran out of ideas for a transportation skill, so I made a few adjustments to the idea of mage's teleport, which is like a mix of meteor's damage and the teleport skill.

Like all my other classes, I included a passive ultimate and negative perks with this class.
    See my other classes for more information about the passive ultimate, specifically my first Paladin/Templar class idea

So lets get to it.

Introducing... the Necromancer

The Necromancer focuses on doing damage over long amounts of time, and relies on the "snowball" effect to deal damage, shield, and heal. It has the ability to summon weak, but powerful minions of harass the enemies, capable to distracting so that you can prepare your next moves. It's abilities start off weak at first, but greatly increases in power the later you go in game.

Total Levels Needed: 150 Levels and 2 different classes
    Weapon: Staff OR Chalice
    Staffs are meant to be different than wands, because of the greater length of the staff allowing for more decorations and greater detail. If it does become to difficult to distinguish between the staff and the wand, then perhaps the Chalice, which is an ornamental cup which could be filled which different colored liquids, perhaps the coloring of the 5 different elements. Shoots a wither skull with the same velocity of the an arrow.

Skill 1: Raise Undead
    Right-Left-Right

Strike the ground at your feet which causes the ground to shake and after 3 seconds, and then summon a skeleton which increases in health and power every time you level up. However, it is quite weak, and easily dealt with. Use it to annoy your enemies or to distract mobs. If you summon another skeleton before the other has despawned, cause the first summoned skeleton to collapse and the new skeleton will rise.
    Skeletons receive Speed 2, can be affected by debuffs, does not receive any of the passives ultimates from this class.

Level 1:
    Mana: 6
    Damage: 75% of the current health of the skeleton each second (the more the skeleton takes damage, the less damage it does)
    Health: 10 + [(L + 1) * L] / 2, where L is your current level
    *Every time you summon your skeleton, it will have the base health of 10 + all of your levels added together
    Level 1: 10 + 1 Health, Level 2: 10 + 3, Level 3: 10 + 6, Level 4: 10 + 10 , Level 5: 10 + 15 (Hopefully you get the idea)... Level 100: 10 + 5050

Level 2:
    Damage: 75% of the current health of the skeleton each second (the more the skeleton takes damage, the less damage it does)
    + Bone Crusher: Every four seconds, charge up a powerful attack for 1 second, then dealing 100% Spell Damage and +20% Earth damage. Causes all enemies within 3 blocks to be unable to jump for 3 seconds.

Level 3:
    + Bone Crusher: Every four seconds, charge up a powerful attack for 1 second, then dealing 100% Spell Damage and +20% Earth damage. Causes all enemies within 3 blocks to be unable to jump for 3 seconds.
    + Swarm: Causes two skeletons to spawn instead of one

Skill 2: Wave of Fear

Right-Right-Right

Send forward a 5x3 wall of smoke particles and bats, dealing damage to anyone who is hit by the wall. Travels for 20 blocks, but stops if it runs into obstacles. Shift to teleport to the most recent casted Wave of Fear location, if multiple are active. Does not affect allied mobs and players.

Level 1:
    Mana: 8
    Damage: 25% spell damage Every 2.5 seconds for 20 seconds (can be removed with heal)
    Elemental Damage: +10% Air, +5% Fire

Level 2:
    Damage: 25% spell damage Every 2.5 seconds for 20 seconds (can be removed with heal)
    Elemental Damage: +20% Air, +10% Fire
    + Volatile Chemicals: If you shift while Wave of Fear is active, teleport to the most recent wave's location and cause all active waves to explode at the same time, dealing an extra 100% Spell damage with +10% water and +10% fire elemental damage, however, ends the Damage over Time effect.

Level 3:
    Elemental Damage: +30% Air, +15% Fire
    + Volatile Chemicals: If you shift while Wave of Fear is active, teleport to the most recent wave's location and cause all active waves to explode at the same time, dealing an extra 100% Spell damage with +10% water and +10% fire elemental damage, however, ends the Damage over Time effect.
    + Death Paranoia: Cause your enemies to fear taking damage, causing them to become vulnerable, taking 20% more damage from all sources

Skill 3: Shadow Wrath
    Right-Right-Left

Create a 10 block Aura around you, shooting dark projectiles at extreme speed at your enemies (5 times the speed of an arrow). The number of Projectiles is determined by the number of seconds the aura is active. Switching to a potion ends the effect, and mana regen is disabled while channeling the Aura. INT only affects the initial cast and not the mana drain. Gain speed 1 while the Aura is active. Ends if you shift or run out of mana.
    *Shoots 1 projectile at a time, so by the end it looks like a constant dark laser is hitting you enemies if you cast long enough

Level 1:
    Mana Cost: 2, Drain: 1 mana per second
    Damage: Shoots a number of projectiles equivalent to how long you have been channeling the ability, dealing 0.5% spell damage each (1 second, 1 projectile, 2 seconds, 2 projectiles that second, 3 seconds, shoots 3 projectile in that second, etc.). Shoots [(S + 1) * S] / 2 amount of projectiles in total, where S is the amount of seconds this is active.
    Base Shielding/Healing: Each projectile heals you for 100% of the damage it dealt and each shield lasts for 20 seconds (If you get a shield at time 1 second, you get 1 shield which would be consumed first. If lasts for 20 seconds even while the Aura is active, so if you get 10 more projectile shields at time 10, the first shield only has 10 seconds before it disappears.) Each projectile heals you for 50% of the damage dealt.
    *Example by the start of time 6:
    Each Number represents a name 1=the projectile shield at time 1, etc.
    Projectile Shields: 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5
    Time until Disappearance: 15 16 16 17 17 17 18 18 18 18 19 19 19 19 19

Level 2:
    Damage: Shoots a number of projectiles equivalent to how long you have been channeling the ability, dealing 0.5% spell damage each (1 second, 1 projectile, 2 seconds, 2 projectiles that second, 3 seconds, shoots 3 projectile in that second, etc.). Shoots [(S + 1) * S] / 2 amount of projectiles in total, where S is the amount of seconds this is active.
    Base Shielding/Healing: Each projectile heals you for 100% of the damage it dealt and each shield lasts for 20 seconds. Each projectile heals you for 50% of the damage dealt.
    +Energy Drain: All enemies caught within the Aura receives -20% movement speed, and all allies receive +20% movements speed

Level 3:
    Base Shielding/Healing: Each projectile heals you for 200% (with perk) of the damage it dealt and each shield lasts for 20 seconds. Each projectile heals you for 100% (with perk) of the damage dealt.
    +Energy Drain: All enemies caught within the Aura receives -20% movement speed, and all allies receive +20% movements speed
    + Bone Shield: causes your shielding to be increased to 200% and your healing to be increased to 100% of the damage each projectile deals.

Passive Ultimate/Negative Perks (See my first Paladin/Templar idea)

Skill 4: Dark Magic Catalyst

(No casting required)

Level 1:
    Mana: None
    Damage: None
    +Life Tap: Draw life from your enemies, permanently gaining extra life steal equivalent to 1% of your maximum health/2 seconds. Also gain permanent extra Mana steal equivalent to 1 mana/2 seconds.
    -Exhaustion: Your armor weighs you down when you are tired, causing you to slow down your movement speed by an extra 20% every time you mana falls below 4 points. This is lost as soon as you have 4 or more mana.

Level 2:
    +Life Tap: Draw life from your enemies, permanently gaining extra lifesteal equivalent to 1% of your maximum health/2 seconds. Also gain permanent extra Mana steal equivalent to 1 mana/2 seconds.
    -Exhaustion: Your armor weighs you down when you are tired, causing you to slow down your movement speed by an extra 20% every time you mana falls below 4 points. This is lost as soon as you have 4 or more mana.

+Pursuit of Darkness: Your basic attacks now give your enemies -10% movement speed for 5 seconds (with normal attack speed weapon) and enemies who hit you are slowed for 10% movement speed (with normal attack weapon). Can stack up to 4 times.
    -Second Chance: When you die, Have a 10% chance to not lose soul points, but instead, be teleported to a random city in the province you are in and have visited before (Extremely Troll)

Level 3:
    +Life Tap: Draw life from your enemies, permanently gaining extra lifesteal equivalent to 1% of your maximum health/2 seconds. Also gain permanent extra Mana steal equivalent to 1 mana/2 seconds.

+Pursuit of Darkness: Your basic attacks now give your enemies -10% movement speed for 5 seconds (with normal attack speed weapon) and enemies who hit you are slowed for 10% movement speed (with normal attack weapon). Can stack up to 4 times.
    -Second Chance: When you die, Have a 10% chance to not lose soul points, but instead, be teleported to a random city in the province you are in and have visited before (Extremely Troll)

+Soul Armor: Gain Damage Resistance % and Spell Damage % equivalent to the amount of soul points you have. (Max is 15 soul points, 15% damage resistance and 15% spell damage
    -Execute: When you fall below 10% health, take triple the damage from all sources (players, mobs, lava, falling).

Didn't have a lot of time to balance the class but whatever.

Thanks,
    Ethan_Washington

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    xElitaa likes this.
  2. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    ummm...
    10+[(L+1)*L]/2 means that a level 100 person would have a skeleton with around 50000 health...

3. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    10 + [(100+1) * 100]/2
    10 + (101 * 100) /2
    10 + 10100/2
    10 + 5050
    5060 hp
    I think I did it right

4. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    oh, ok. seemed a little unbalanced.
    also, if the Shadow Wrath lasts for 20 seconds, it would drain ALL of your mana, meaning you would be affected by exhaustion.

5. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah that's kinda the point... but you would have a ton of shielding and healing by the end, which allows you to regenerate some mana
    Having negative mana regen on this class would be a bad idea...

The thing I dread is an archer giving this class speed 3 and warrior giving this class damage resistance ,combined with a mage...

6. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    huh. elemental damage on Shadow Wrath? range on shadow wrath? does wave of fear teleport you to where it was casted, or where it is/ended? how fast does it travel?

7. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No Elemental damage on Shadow Wrath since it give you shielding and healing
    Range was already included (10 block Aura)
    Teleports you to where it currently is. If you cast four waves of fear, then shift, it teleports you to the location of the most recent one and all four waves will explode

I don't know about movement speed, like I said, haven't really balanced it out too much.
    I was thinking 5 blocks per second, meant to catch anyone who tries to sprint in front of it.
    Havent balanced my class too much though so I won't really decide until my final values for my other skills are set

8. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Woot yeah I likes

9. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    also, ANY random town in the province? AND 10% chance? what if some poor level 5 gets killed and ends up in Troms?

10. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You must have visited the town.
    Also it is kinda troll, so if you re a level 75, and go to Cinfras, you have a 10% chance to teleport to Llevigar without losing soul points

I was going to make it Ragni, but I'm not that mean

11. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    I kinda feel like Ragni isn't that mean. Rhymek would be a lot worse

Untitled Doc likes this.
  12. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The thing about this is that this class has a ton of sustain, and isn't supposed to die often, which makes it kinda powerful.
    It gets shielding, healing, and damage resistance, so it is quite tough to kill, not to mention the amount of damage over time it can do.

Perhaps if this class needs a nerf I'll change up the values and set the 10% chance spawn point to be Ragni

13. Paradoxical

Paradoxical Machina Infinitum VIP

Minecraft:
    Can I give this suggestion +99999999999999999999999999 support?
    Anyway though, in all seriousness, I really like the way you balanced this class, and the abilities all feel very unique. It actually reminds me of a necromancer class on another RPG server I've played on in that it's not dependent on minions. This was balanced by low mobility. I actually like your version better because you managed to incorporate summoning as annoyance/crowd control rather than a core skill. By the way, can I suggest "Void Mage" as the VIP reskin name?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Bebinson and Untitled Doc like this.
  14. SaltiestOfHobos

SaltiestOfHobos SaltyHobo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Great idea! Me and my friend were also thinking about posting a thread about a summonig class but we're too lazy so I'll just mention it now. I was thinking of having a beast summoner class based around summoning spirit animals. :)
    Stuff like Beast lunge, Spirit travel, etc. I think that you put a lot of effort into your post!

15. Bebinson

Bebinson Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I like it
    [+1 supporter]

16. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The problem with using the name "Void Mage" is the idea that there aren't too many sources of void magic in Wynncraft (Dern?). Necromancer is sort of fine because of the dark magic that can be seen on some islands and in Gavel. Areas that are themed with darkness. The second problem is the word "Mage" in the VIP reskin name. The whole point of this class was to be different from mage, and people might confuse the void mage with regular mage, thinking that they are the same, with different themed abilities.

Although I like your thinking, I'm probably not going to make a VIP reskin since this is probably not going to be something huge.
    Thanks for your comment though.

17. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've been looking on the wiki for more information about damage values and such... but the problem is that it seems a little confusing for me.
    For example:
    Arrow bomb level 3:
    • Mana: 8
    • Damage: 250%
    • + Bounce, the arrow will now bounce up to five times
    • ✹ Fire Damage: +15%
    • ✤ Earth Damage: +25%
    It doesn't tell me if each time it bounces it does the same amount of damage as the first hit or if it deals reduced damage.
    Also war scream from warrior (level 2):
    • Mana: 6
    • Range: 12 blocks
    • Damage: 30% per hit
    • Boost: +15% defense
    • Duration: 3 minutes
    • +Air Shout, throw a projectile with high knockback that can go through walls, dealing 20% damage multiple times
    • ❋ Air Damage: +25%
    • ✹ Fire Damage: +75%
    Could someone please tell me the maximum damage % these skills could do? Or is the wiki unreliable for information like this until it is updated or something?

Also Arrow storm deals 1200% spell damage if you hit all of the arrows?
    Arrow Storm (Level 3):
    • Mana: 4
    • Damage: 20% (per arrow)
    • Arrows: 60
    • + Triple Shot, triple the amount of arrows you shoot at the same time
    • ✹ Fire Damage: +10%
    • ✦ Thunder Damage: +25%

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  18. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Apparently no one knows how much damage war scream can do in total.

19. Untitled Doc

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I will probably retire this thread pretty soon... since the lack of comments about how I could improve this class. I might work on my other class idea soon and perhaps finish the odds and ends of my item suggestion.

20. PurifyX

PurifyX D1rTe G3nj1 MalN VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel like you're a really dedicated content creator, you should really stop retiring your ideas. I really love them! Some times you can't get things much more perfect without greater understanding so people don't suggest anything cause you don't lack detail but they can't since they aren't GM and lack knowledge , you should try applying for GM, I don't think I'm the only one that thinks so.

Untitled Doc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.