1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

1.19 The Silent Expanse - Changelog

Discussion in 'Major Updates' started by Salted, Nov 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    I didn't see these where gathering quests at first so I thought they where just new miniquests and I about had a heart attack.

Druser likes this.
  2. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    TLDR; Shaman looks fun, Mage is new best girl, particles nice, quests are always fun, dungeons haven't changed (Shocker!), fabled are good enough, pouch is nice, new gathering is a good change, but the mills look cool and should stay and hunter mode is a thing I guess.

Okay, onto my detailed thoughts (I'm going to make this into a post so if you have comments leave them here):

Update is looking interesting for sure...
    Shaman looks fun, but at with a base of 40% defense, I don't think it's going to be much more. With totem out, the healing looks useful, and I can see the output being there, but I can't imagine trying to solo any tough boss fights. I think it's really going to depend on the base damage of the weapons to see how viable the class is, as fights against single enemies will probably be mostly done with base damage. By far the most interesting movement spell, though probably not as OP as teleport.

I also think mage is officially the best class now. Heal didn't really change (Still 30%) and neither did teleport (Who tf is teleporting into large crowds to deal damage anyways?!?), but Met's buff is insane and ice snake might actually be a viable spell for dealing damage. Also, RIP archer :( , New uppercut combos might finally give warriors purpose in this world, and nothing really happened to assassins other than a nerf to spin and maybe a nerf to multi, though less mana cost could be a buff too so idk.

New particles look good, but I hope the VIP classes have different ones or else there isn't really a point to playing a VIP class in the first place :/

New quests are good, especially since they're high level. Loving the fact that they're different from what we've seen before. I hope there's an option to re-do the kill posts so we can get more XP since they drop more now (Won't be sad if it isn't the case though). I've been wanting gathering quests for a long time now so nice to see, though a guild for each profession to take daily quests from to get big boosts from would still be nice. Really excited to see what the memory lane quest is all about,

Two new dungeons; Eh and Eh! (I'm Canadian so that means I'm excited). Don't really care for the corrupted dungeons, especially since most of the loot isn't very good and the stuff that's good only takes a couple runs to get. As for the new one, I think the idea of just fighting a boss is interesting and it will probably save me some time. I also 'think' 45/45 horse will be in the shop, so that's awesome (And sucks cause I'll need to train a 45/45 horse). As for the dungeons in general, I really think the fragment system is an outdated concept, so I hope we can see a new dungeon currency system and new items in the shops, though I'm working on a suggestion post for that (Here's to hoping for C-XP and P-XP scrolls!).

Fabled items are cool. I had a few ideas in mind to fix the mythic problem, but I guess this works. I was also working on a suggestion for this, but I think this is probably a less controversial solution, so good on them. While I don't think it's the best solution, it's at least something. At this point, I'm just happy the devs care <3. Also, new item ID's, which is interesting. I'm curious about "Haul cost -1?" on the fabled item, wonder what that does

Ing. Pouch is the best quality of life ever, now just add an emerald pouch and a scrap pouch and we'll be in business. Of course, I don't know how many items the pouch actually holds or if you can get more than one pouch and it's usefulness is entirely based on those numbers, but it's still probably a good thing.

As for the gathering changes, sure. They're good, but I was actually a fan of the idea of weights. I thought it was an interesting system, so from that point of view, I think it's a shame that it's gone. The new system is better for sure, and I like that tools have durability now (I actually have a reason to use scrap) but I don't see any reason to not just buy multiples of each tool to lengthen gathering expeditions (Something to keep in mind I guess). All I really hope is higher level resources don't take a ton more durability. If they keep it the same as the weights before it (1,1,2,2,3...6) that would be fine, but anything more would be really bad in my opinion.

As for getting rid of the processing mills, I hope they stay cause they add a lot of ambiance to the world. Maybe get rid of some, but I think they can be repurposed into something new, maybe recycling mills to convert gathered resources into gathering XP would be cool. Either way, I don't really know what they should do, but I do know I want them to stay.

As for hunter mode, I think my opinion is mixed. PVP is something I've always wanted, but I'm not too sure about the execution. The fact that you drop ID'ed weapons is just bad. I know mythics don't drop, but the fact that you can lose any good legend you have is just really bad. If it was only emeralds and resources that dropped and there was some new PVP currency for a loot shop, I would be totally down for some PVP action, but if I can lose my super ID'ed weapons and armor, I just can't see myself playing this. Additionally, with a world so large, I rarely see people outside of Detlas and other cities to begin with, so with only a small population playing with this on, I can't really imagine actually having a PVP encounter in the first place. I don't know if they're removing the nether or not (Probably not) but now would be a good time to do it (Just saying).

Geag, NITEHAWKX, 7Red_Dragon7 and 3 others like this.
  3. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Something someone proposed in feedback in the Wynn disc and I heavily supported was removing blind stun and cleanse from spin in order to keep the dps and move blindness (not stun) over to smoke bomb instead, the reason they want to kill spin is because they view it as a utility spell over a dps spell, which seems completely and utterly backwards considering how the spell functions, they want multihit to be the dps spell even though its damage is spread out over a period of time, even though executed quickly, it's still worse dps than meteor, smoke bomb is currently only somewhat decent for mobs that are stationary and using vanish and smoke bomb together is good for wearing something down, but even in a boss fight what like 20k dps over 9 seconds for free is not worth the wait and even adding blindness would make it slightly better, but if you're already using vanish it wouldn't matter, giving smoke bomb a purpose that can be used without the use of, and even discouraging vanish (since it's already blinded) I feel would make a lot more sense and would bring the balance to assassin that we've all been looking for

4. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    The Shaman movement spell is called Haul.

Maronee likes this.
  5. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I literally can't believe I didn't realize that. Thank you so much, I'll update the post.

I fully agree with this. I don't really understand the point of blindness, especially when it comes at the expense of DPS. With things the way they are right now, I don't see a real use for smoke, so this is actually a great way to simplify assassins while making them overall more useful. Great suggestion!

6. Phantasm_

Phantasm_ Well-Known Adventurer

tbh shaman sounds like its a support character.
    I understand some of the buffs and nerfs, but mage needs to be nerfed, because meteor spam, and it can remove fire effects and heal, and now its probably does the most damage.
    I agree with the archer nerf 100%, seems pretty balanced now.
    however, the assassin spin attack nerf kinda makes assassin crap now because of its low damage and now warrior has better movement spells than assassin.
    other than those, the devs did a good. k thx

Maronee likes this.
  7. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I loved this series way back when

Maronee, Ichikaaa, Jbip and 4 others like this.
  8. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Ryuu's alive?!

NITEHAWKX, Maronee and Druser like this.
  9. _Tiger

_Tiger Completionist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hell no! People will equip shitty legendaries and run around like idiots! It's gonna be fun! Just don't enable PVP on your favorite classes

10. Kraby

Kraby *insert clever meme* VIP+

Minecraft:
    The real reason people are waiting for this update

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Maronee likes this.
  11. SKZR

SKZR Well-Known Adventurer

Woah amazing

12. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This looks really cool and im really hyped
    I do have a couple questions/feedback bits
    1: why the assassin nerf? like assassin is already weak in pve and wars its just pvp against something thats not archer that its strong.
    2: why can we drop ided items in hunted mode. imo legendaries should also be non dropable as losing stuff does not enhance gameplay in anyway.
    3: do these ids that are being added spells mean intel is getting changed?

zombifox, Alex1 and Maronee like this.
  13. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    Shaman being magical crowd-control reminds me of mage a bit

Maronee likes this.
  14. SilverStar

SilverStar Just another insagnificant mortal HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    FINALLY, some answers about that plot convinent memory-loss!

15. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    Is the new Gathering XP ID going to affect crafting XP too?

16. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    SO HYPED!

Btw is recording on the BETA allowed this time?

//Olinus

17. Jraqn

Jraqn shaman best girl HERO

Minecraft:
    Omg thank god they fixed every annoying thing I hated

Also did u happen to fix that one pirate quest that unlocks galleon cause its broken for me thx just wondering

Also rip vanish

18. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    nop

Maronee likes this.
  19. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    Are there any new runes? or does Corrupted Undergrowth Ruins still use Uth Runes?

Maronee likes this.
  20. Shovel

Shovel Follower of Tolvanism HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would assume so. The only real case of people being banned for spoilers was with the old version of the ??? quest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.