1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

1.15 Predictions?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Jellybean_2007, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Jellybean_2007

Jellybean_2007 The Clownfish Prince

Minecraft:
    Christmas is approaching and so is 1.14. People say "It's never to early for Christmas" so why should it be to early to predict the 1.15 Minecraft update?
    My prediction is somewhere along the lines of a "thief update" with:
    -pickpocketing
    shift right-click (or something) to view a players inventory and/or be able to "steal" from them. This could also add a new pickpocketing device in the game. Of course, the player must be close to you for you to be able to pickpocket and if he/she moves, the cycle is broken (or maybe if you move with them, you could still be able to pickpocket but you only move as fast as shift position moves.
    This could be an easier way to transport items from one player to the other or it could be an opportunity for someone to be a total jerk in-game. Oh, yeah, to pickpocket, you might need a delay so that the person being pickpocketed has a chance to run away.
    -grappling hook
    The grappling hook would be very similar to the one Grian described in his video on 7 things he would like to see in Minecraft. It's like a bow but a trail, sorta like a fishing line would follow after the arrow. It provides a quiet alternative to traveling vertically (pillaring) or could help in a tedious situation. It could be crafted using a lead, bow, and arrow or create a specific arrow that has a lead on it.
    -glass cutter
    Now, I'm pretty sure most of you have heard the loud noise that glass makes. It probably has alerted a lot of people. Now what if there was an item that breaks glass soundlessly. If you're poor in Minecraft and don't have a silk-touch pickaxe (they might actually make some noise). You could renovate your house a lot... soundlessly. It could also come in handy if you're pranking a friend. Of course you probably wouldn't get any glass back.
    -padlock/lock
    This would work sorta like a factions/land claim sort of thing. You cannot open a chest with a padlock on it unless the person who ones the chest gives you permission to do so. The padlock can be craft-able or be automatically equipped on a chest. A lock would lock your inventory so somebody can't steal your items.
    That is all I've come up with and also the fact that items can be upgradable like a Tier 2 pickpocket-gadget can break through a Tier 1 lock and the grappling hook, once upgraded, can reach farther.
    If you have any other ideas or would like to add-on (doesn't have to be thief related) you can add them down.

2. PrayForTigers

PrayForTigers The tiger who ran away from slavery HERO

Minecraft:
    I mean... I'd like to see more items added. Such items like terraria has. Different armours, lots of new weapons and much more... And new places to explore ya know :P That is all I want! I don't want to play vanilla, get diamond armour, elytra and the rest is just building... I want MOREEEE!

BTW, I've heard that they will do something to the combat system in 1.15 but I'm not sure.

3. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i just want more weapons that arent variations of the basic bow and the sword

4. Red-Eyed Knight

Red-Eyed Knight Voxel boi VIP+

Minecraft:
    I'd love to see this feature be in vanilla some day. I played on a Realm with a friend from school for a while, and we kept stealing eachothers items because we were short on them, so this would make a wonderful addition.
    I'd also love to see more kinds of villages. Righ now there's only one type with different block palettes, and I'd love to see stuff like farms or tiny cities or castles in the update. Just more buildings please.

5. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thats being added in 1.14, so you don’t need to wait much longer!:saltedhappy:

6. Plasmatic

Plasmatic Loading the HESH | Builds sci-fi

Minecraft:
    I'm hoping it's an update to caves, people have been begging for one for some years now, that is better/more complex cave generation and a proper system of underground biomes, maybe even unique mobs, new blocks ect.

7. Jbip

Jbip A french mapmaker VIP+ GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What you said in your post is definitely never ever gonna get added (minus maybe the grappling hook)

However, I can definitely see a cave update coming!

8. Moss

Moss loser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i wanna do fortnite dances in mc

9. Jellybean_2007

Jellybean_2007 The Clownfish Prince

Minecraft:
    YES

Moss likes this.
  10. tig

tig 7 Mythics Found | Buff Lament

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    dislike added when?

Runaiic, Bionic_Mage, Harwrol and 2 others like this.
  11. Bionic_Mage

Bionic_Mage Survived 9/7/15|Father of Class Builds Secion VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    BRUHHHH minecraft desperately needs a cave update (or just mining in general)

also the nether needs an update... rn it’s just go there to get blaze rods and then not much keeping you there other then stuff for potions (ghast tear, etc.) and like the end, even though it has end cities with elytras and shulker boxes, there’s still not much KEEPING you there (but i didn’t wanna focus on the end cause it was update not to long ago)

BloodArchmage likes this.
  12. SnappyJaw

SnappyJaw Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Honestly, I think 1.15 is going to be dull like 1.9, it will only bring a few new things and will make our waiting look sad. But always keep your hopes up!

13. BloodArchmage

BloodArchmage dead meme expert,cyberbullied by NicBOMB VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    2019 cave update

2020 nether 2

Bionic_Mage likes this.
  14. Runaiic

Runaiic Well-Known Adventurer

Cave Update, probably. The Minecraft community's been asking for it for a long, long time. I doubt that the Mojang team hasn't heard about it yet.

More ores, more caving stuff, some kind of lighting engine revamp to allow for Mining Helmets and coloured lighting, silverfish dropping clay or something, as well as appearing more often. They might also overhaul combat in 1.15, as they confirmed combat is getting yet another change in upcoming updates, I'm guessing it'll be some kind of hybrid of old combat and new combat, though opinions will probably be mixed.

What I'd like to see, however? A Balance Update. Horses and Minecart systems are pretty redundant, now that Elytras exist, Elytras should be slower, and Horses should have special gear like Horseshoes or have unique enchantments to their armour, and also have more health as they're very fragile and easily succumb to suffocation or lava, Minecart systems should have more parts, more speed, and being cheaper to create (they are the most expensive but also the most slow method of transportation currently). Tipped Arrows and Lingering Potions are neat, but too expensive to be practical at all, it'd be good if they were affected by Infinity. Buried Treasure allows you to get diamonds way earlier than back in 1.8 - 1.9, so I'd like to see a nerf to their loot tables. Villagers should have finite/much rarer trades for treasures like enchanting books, so you can't ask for the same book over and over. Anvils should cap experience needed for reparations instead of giving you the Too Expensive! notifier. Experience shouldn't be something that you can easily get by grinding. Perhaps you'd need to slay a variety of different mobs to get proper experience, and slaying only a few type of mob will reduce experience you gain from them. Fishing should have biome-based loot tables, and each chunk should have a limited amount (like 2-3) of treasure items that refreshes every in-game week or month, to discourage building fish farms that make treasure way too easy to obtain.