1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

➤ The Artemis Alliance And Why It's Problematic To Me

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by VeeeKoooN, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ok so first ok all what the hell is going on here
    i have no idea what has been said so far, because all these Valkyrie + HAX and maybe ANO tryhards type in walls of text that are impossible to fucking read
    so because i'm sure some of us still have some soul and life, i'll try and type in a less wall of text

1. Guild Alliances are Unstable
    so i was in imp back in federation days, left for about a year, and we went through like 4 eras. from the time i left (fed vs confed), we got through thecollapse era where everywhere was being fought over because no alliances so no assignments
    glory days it was hot beautiful wtf can we go back THANKS

then uhhh next one, luna/the other one/the other one
    ehhh valkyrie obviously allies together, tryhards are back, i hate society
    ALSO hax wipe happened here or the stage before i wasnt here for it

now we have artemis/the other little shits/a few more little shits for good measure/rogue guilds
    boy oh boy hax is dead yippee-ki-yay
    now valkyrie alliance (imp/fox/pun, pretty much the biggest baddest tryhards around at this point) own all the shit
    Artemis is Imp's puppet show, fox is full of furries, and paladin's united has corkus
    pretty much new guilds here are screwed for territories but whatever

artemis will likely die soon, but valkyrie will just start another fucking alliance, so it doesnt matter

2. Uhhhh Guild Rules
    yep i'ma say it the warring rules support valkyrie and shit in the existence of small guilds
    alternate guild moment!

pretty much this rule is [redacted] but since so much of CT has been assimilated into higher-level guilds it won't change, :person_shrugging:

3. Oh Boy Oh Boy FFA's
    since you seem to have a problem with their attitude towards ffa's im gonna just say that IN THEORY, ffa's work. when valkyrie exists, they don't. it's like communism: on paper, it works, but in practice, whoever is wealthy and strong can abuse it however they'd like

since guild alliances always make high-xp territories FFA, it seems like small guilds can have a fair shot at taking them and the xp/emeralds they offer, no repercussions, right?

hahahahaha no. if you are a guild that isn't kissing valkyrie's/whatever alliance's , then you will never hold a territory for more than 3 minutes straight ever again. they don't like guilds that they didn't personally vet to their specifications getting more powerful :person_shrugging:

so as a quick abstract here ffa's are not ffa and [redacted] forever if you try and take one

4. Guild Assignments
    back in the days of fed and before, alliances were fairly equal: all guilds in them were assigned non-ffa territories so all guilds got equal xp and emerald share.

it was the guild ideal, but on a larger scale: helping out a small community and we're all friends and hippity hoppity unicorns and rainbows

but NOW, we have artemis, which i'm going to refer to as imp's puppet show from now on, with extraordinarily bs territory assignments heavily favoring imp

if you guys have been taking good notes so far, you might notice a motif of those in power abusing the system so they stay strong and keep others weak

5. New Players Joining Guilds
    hmmm new players will only join the strong guilds that say #1 in some form on their thread
    lower level guilds won't get as many players
    hmm societal constructs keeping the strong strong and the weak weak
    hmmm

6. Hmm Yes Grinding
    so you can't get territories because you aren't sucking up to the guilds in charge? you can just farm, right?
    nope hahahahahhahaha
    want to know why? of course you do!
    having your guild of say, 20 players, all grinding CUR all the time with guild xp 100 aint gonna do shit when the big guilds have 30 people doing that all the time
    more players being told that "they can advance in guild rank if they donate emeralds and xp!" means more people donating emeralds and xp

snowball effect! (in relation to #5)

7. What Can You Do?
    uhhh i guess grind CUR with all your people until your guild is like level 60, because then big guilds will offer you an alliance and YOU can start snowballing and oppressing the weak, totally forgetting where you came from

that is, until you oppress too many people, and eventually another triumvirate like valkyrie will come wipe you like hax
    :person_shrugging:

or you can just become a chad guild :sunglasses:

Final Note
    i'm not starting a flame war, for the record, if someone else starts one it's their fault

i am no longer involved in territory warring, so feel free to fact check me

new alliances will happen soon, and new strongest guilds will happen a bit later

guild level doesn't matter

i'll go ahead and tag @Haisay just to see what inane thoughtful and insightful response i get

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2020
    termitehuegel, xMini_, Saya and 3 others like this.
  2. VeeeKoooN

VeeeKoooN Demon Forge Master of WFa - http://cpc.cx/r1b HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Where's your church @Magnificent ? Atlas one ... ? with YY's altar ... ? You're my god. Nah seriously;

1. Pretty accurate, I agree with you

2. 3. & 4. Whoah I didn't wanted to say it out loud, but I agree too ... Sadly :/

5. & 6. That's all about Snowballing, you get the main word.

7. True, sad, and I won't let my guild become like that ...

Have a nice day dude. You desserved it, now many people gonna salt on your post ....

termitehuegel likes this.
  3. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. Guild Alliances are Unstable
    so i was in imp back in federation days, left for about a year, and holy we went through like 4 eras. from the time i left (fed vs confed), we got through the collapse era where everywhere was being fought over because no alliances so no assignments
    glory days it was hot beautiful wtf can we go back THANKS

-We can go back to those days temporarily if this alliance falls which it will because especially in this game "Never think anything last forever" until a new alliance takes control of the map, I think the reason the map isn't just free without assignments is because the guilds that work harder and are in the alliance that controls the map is looking out for its guilds that help the alliance continue to be strong which makes perfect sense.

then uhhh next one, luna/the other one/the other one
    ehhh valkyrie obviously allies together, tryhards are back, i hate society
    ALSO hax wipe happened here or the stage before i wasnt here for it

-oh boy another anti valkyrie person I get it people don't like us, still unclear on the reasoning, but whatever

now we have artemis/the other little shits/a few more little shits for good measure/rogue guilds
    boy oh boy hax is dead yippee-ki-yay
    now valkyrie alliance (imp/fox/pun, pretty much the biggest baddest tryhards around at this point) own all the
    Artemis is Imp's puppet show, fox is full of furries, and paladin's united has corkus
    pretty much new guilds here are screwed for territories but whatever

-This paragraph is just toxicity so next.

artemis will likely die soon, but valkyrie will just start another alliance, so it doesnt matter

-Probably because alliances don't last forever, Valkyrie is actually built on friendship believe it or not and for whatever reason (I know the reason, it's working hard and strategy as well as good guild relations) Valkyrie is on top 99% of the time.

2. Uhhhh Guild Rules
    yep i'ma say it the warring rules support valkyrie and shit in the existence of small guilds
    alternate guild moment!

-yep i'ma say that's completely inaccurate because most people who make guild rules aren't pro valkyrie and sub guilds are allowed for get this, EVERYONE so there is no advantage Valkyrie has over anyone else.

pretty much this rule is bullshit but since so much of CT has been assimilated into higher-level guilds it won't change, :person_shrugging:

-The CT is mainly anti guilds and especially anti valkyrie fun fact.

3. Oh Boy Oh Boy FFA's
    since you seem to have a problem with their attitude towards ffa's im gonna just say that IN THEORY, ffa's work. when valkyrie exists, they don't. it's like communism: on paper, it works, but in practice, whoever is wealthy and strong can abuse it however they'd like

since guild alliances always make high-xp territories FFA, it seems like small guilds can have a fair shot at taking them and the xp/emeralds they offer, no repercussions, right?

hahahahaha no. if you are a guild that isn't kissing valkyrie's/whatever alliance's , then you will never hold a territory for more than 3 minutes straight ever again. they don't like guilds that they didn't personally vet to their specifications getting more powerful :person_shrugging:

[redacted] how do you explain the guilds that were small and grew pretty quickly, became strong fast and got into Artemis like Inx. I'm honestly just seeing your posts as extremely biased anti Valkyrie.

so as a quick abstract here ffa's are not ffa and fuck you forever if you try and take one

-Ok thanks, this was helpful

4. Guild Assignments
    back in the days of fed and before, alliances were fairly equal: all guilds in them were assigned non-ffa territories so all guilds got equal xp and emerald share.

it was the guild ideal, but on a larger scale: helping out a small community and we're all friends and hippity hoppity unicorns and rainbows

but NOW, we have artemis, which i'm going to refer to as imp's puppet show from now on, with extraordinarily bs territory assignments heavily favoring imp

if you guys have been taking good notes so far, you might notice a motif of those in power abusing the system so they stay strong and keep others weak

-You're right, artemis isn't fair unicorns and rainbows and hippity hoppity the map's our property. There are also other things that factor into guilds getting certain amounts of exp and emeralds and the map changes pretty often tbh.

5. New Players Joining Guilds
    hmmm new players will only join the strong guilds that say #1 in some form on their thread
    lower level guilds won't get as many players
    hmm societal constructs keeping the strong strong and the weak weak
    hmmm

-This isn't remotely true, but alright lmao

6. Hmm Yes Grinding
    so you can't get territories because you aren't sucking up to the guilds in charge? you can just farm, right?
    nope hahahahahhahaha
    want to know why? of course you do!
    having your guild of say, 20 players, all grinding CUR all the time with guild xp 100 aint gonna do shit when the big guilds have 30 people doing that all the time
    more players being told that "they can advance in guild rank if they donate emeralds and xp!" means more people donating emeralds and xp

-I think you made this point already.

snowball effect! (in relation to #5)

7. What Can You Do?
    uhhh i guess grind CUR with all your people until your guild is like level 60, because then big guilds will offer you an alliance and YOU can start snowballing and oppressing the weak, totally forgetting where you came from

that is, until you oppress too many people, and eventually another triumvirate like valkyrie will come wipe you like hax
    :person_shrugging:

or you can just become a chad guild :sunglasses:

-Yup we're just oppressing people, ok buddy. I mean any guild can do that, also fun fact if you take the gate and complete AHC with two people in your guild while you're holding the territory (which is absolutely possible if you finish the quest and all you have to do is talk to the skeleton guy) you can get a free level 42 I think, somewhere around there.

Final Note
    i'm not starting a flame war, for the record, if someone else starts one it's their fault

-This whole thing was a flame war on valk [redacted].

i am no longer involved in territory warring, so feel free to fact check me

new alliances will happen soon, and new strongest guilds will happen a bit later

-Yeah that's the whole cycle of the guild community dude.

guild level doesn't matter

i'll go ahead and tag @Haisay just to see what inane thoughtful and insightful response i get

-"i'm not starting a flame war" I'll go ahead and tag Mr. @Magnificent because he tagged me "just to see what inane thoughtful and insightful response i get "
    This entire post was just needless toxicity. I really don't like being toxic, but it's irritating when people spread untrue crap about the alliance I've been in for 2 years with some of the best friends I've ever made just because "we're oppressive" it's old, stop with the "Valk is evil and they're the reason for the inadequacies of guilds that are unable to grow" shtick. I'm sick of people bashing an alliance that's probably a group of the least toxic people in the game, an alliance literally built by leaders who are friends, a community alliance, for no reason that is accurate, relevant or useful to anything.

Yugito, Tekenen, Castti and 2 others like this.
  4. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Damn that wall of text makes us look like guild casuals.

one_ood and Ascended Kitten like this.
  5. Mox gang uwu

Mox gang uwu Professional Loser CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Someone hand me a beer, I'm gonna need one.

6. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    just lock the thread this is going nowhere and its just going to get more toxic, this happens literally every time someone writes a thread about guilds cause
    > some guy appears and shits on valkyrie for 20 minutes without being prompted at all
    > everything just gets restated over and over

the guy got advice, I do wish RAI luck in growth, but this all has been said before and keeping it open is just going to spawn more toxicity.

edit: and to OP, sorry the guild community is like this, most of the community is really chill people and pretty good friends to hang with, its just a dozen or two people who give the entire community a horrible rep. hope you don't have to experience the shittier side as much in the future mate

Yugito, Tekenen, from and 9 others like this.
  7. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    eh i mean honestly yeah, a bit anti valk
    i was in valk, left valk, happier now in relation to wynncraft community
    im assuming most valkyrie haters are against the difficulty of starting a new guild
    im not against valk, just having a better time when not associated with them
    guilty as charged
    i'll choose c) built on friendship and maintained on tryharding
    working a bit too hard is the reason imo, but you do you
    so i'd love to discuss but unless you're in the mood, can we just say that guild system is currently more than a bit flawed?
    can you call me doggy instead thanks
    also uhhh... hate to say it but small guilds growing fast is pretty much purely tryharding
    i'm definitely biased and anti-valkyrie, but 1) kind of a weak point, was hoping for better from you and 2) i'm more anti-full tryhard than anti-valkyrie
    inx's leader definitely does a lot of grinding, but they also interact a ton with the community, which puts them in better standing for me than valk grind people, who stay secluded within their own guild and valkyrie communities
    ALSO i find it kinda funny that the people who have no ranks in valk guilds are the ones that interact most with the larger community, and therefore i find chiller
    no problem love you too
    hmm cool
    not refuting my imp's puppet show remark? im kinda surprised, that was likely my most downright rude and insulting phrase on this whole thread
    big guilds are full, little guilds are less full
    i'd say its remotely true
    this point was mainly about the snowball effect but :wynnic_e:
    any guild that grinded countless hours, but yeah, you're right
    that's a cool bit of trivia, only problem i have with it is the fact that you would have to have one person take the territory at the right time, and then have your other 3 kill A&T really quickly, because the dialogue starts instantly once the fight is done
    guilty as charged, but only a little
    yep aware
    it was mostly needless, some of it was true, and even the hardcore-est valk fan can't deny that
    as for least toxic people you've ever met, im sure there are some great people, but can we just be honest for half a second: the people who have never engaged in the guild community are far less toxic

if you would like to have a CIVILIZED discussion, please do
    i'm hyped

by civilized i mean me not bashing valk every other line and you not disagreeing with every one of my points simply for the reason that i used valk in a sentence where it isn't preceded by 23 positive adjectives describing the people and it's amazing community.
    makes me genuinely happy thanks for sharing xoxo

i'm also fine with a full-toxicity, no-holds-barred discussion
    up to you
    someone that EVERYONE can bash instead of bashing each other

termitehuegel and SwampyWillis like this.
  8. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Winning in a competition is as much oppression as having a higher rank in Overwatch; none at all.

Yugito, Tekenen, Asthae and 3 others like this.
  9. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd be more than happy to have a civilized discussion in dms, the only time I tend to be a bit uncivilized is when people dump on the community which contains about 99.9% of the friends I've made on Wynn and as Mr Goden said, there are a few people in the guild community who give it a bad rep, I cant really think of anyone in Valk that would do this. Valk isnt really a tryhard alliance in fact I've seen the war activity go down and the community aspect rise recently with more events between the valk guilds. Valk is a really nice alliance that I've been in for around two years and holds the most amazing people I've met in the game. Furthermore the Imp and Fox leaders have both made their guilds so enjoyable to me that I literally have a dual membership and belong to both guilds equally because I couldnt choose and PUN on top of that while I've never gone there I can say their leader as well as their members are also awesome and overall has a great community just through a few interactions. I'd appreciate not labeling valk as a tyrannical tryhard alliance, it's not true.

10. Pikacal

Pikacal Cal / Leader of Bax Genesis / Fucking Badass

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    woah okay this was a shitstorm to read up on, listen up people

Everyone's gotten their points across and final say in by now -- wonderful. @VeeeKoooN got advice... also wonderful. But we don't need history lessons and Valk/Artemis bashing here any longer than we need, we get it: Valk isn't going anywhere, FFAs were a go-to for a lot of the big-name guilds today, never give up, moving on.

Well... there's nothing to really move on to, actually. Someone please grab a mod to lock this thread; it's only gonna breed toxicity. Just a game, y'all.

11. VeeeKoooN

VeeeKoooN Demon Forge Master of WFa - http://cpc.cx/r1b HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sadly it's only breeding toxicity because of a small buch of players who won't stop trolling / making useless content / bringing toxicity here ... The main topic wasn't there ...

Sad to say say that but I agree, dear mod(s), if it's too toxic feel free to close this thread.

12. Salkasm

Salkasm [[Hyperlink Blocked]] Staff Member Mod Manager Moderator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I actually was about, I grant your wish. Closed.
    Please be good to each other...

Dream, mxmcat, SmileyAlec and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.