1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

☆ Wynncraft Fan Game ☆ The Fall Of Annes (wynnunity) V. 0.2 ☆ Play Now ☆

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by eeveelution, Dec 14, 2015.

?

What should we focus on?

1. Programming - New/Improved mechanics, spells, AI, etc.

66 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Map design - Expand the terrain, add caves, etc.

27 vote(s)
    20.5%
  3. Enemy/Quest design - Add new mobs, quests, etc.

38 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. Graphics & Audio - Improved textures, models, music, etc.

53 vote(s)
    40.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fasdfsadfwewf

fasdfsadfwewf Deadpool CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Nice game, I'm assuming it's in unity?

2. eeveelution

eeveelution Wynn Veteran/OG VIP+

Minecraft:

3. stop

stop Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Why can't I climb stuff...... terrain.... so... hard to climb...
    Also.... there should be a settings menu where I can change my controls.... cause these I do not like..

4. Ice Guy

Ice Guy I'm a little too icy for you VIP

Minecraft:
    Well, I'm impressed with what you guys have done (and might soon do) even though it's just a base.

I'd really love to help you guys out! It seems like a project that is worth my time (if you accept me).

I know you don't really need one at this stage, but I'd love to be a GM (I think thats what this does) to help out with the math of weapons, armour, enemy stats, everything. That's my strong area in game dev teams, and I've helped out in this area with other games.

So yeah. If you think I'm worthy, please consider it! Thanks :)

5. RonuPlays

RonuPlays I used to have more posts, before 9/7

Minecraft:
    As a standalone game not bound by the limitations of a "host" game (like Wynncraft is bound by its host, Minecraft), could you make the spells not activated by click combos, but other buttons or something? Like, by pressing C, V, B, or N? Or the number keys?

6. Coolfood

Coolfood The Coolest Food

Minecraft:
    Rotmg anyone?
    Also, there's always more to do in this one!

7. Alexicon1

Alexicon1 Director of IPPL (Pigball) + Wynn News Reporter VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Is this a replica of Wynn, if not I would be happy to offer services as a Quest maker. I can do other basic stuff too. But making quests is something I can do relatively well.

modern likes this.
  8. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    My only comments are the weapon and the controls/interface. The weapons are pretty flatly modelled, and the wooden texture looks too real compared to the nice flat-colour look of the rest of the game.

As for the controls, it's a bit confusing as how to do anything other than move, cast spells or swing, and then there's the fact that that's pretty much all you can do. The mouse doesn't properly reflect where you're clicking on the interface either. Lastly, the screen is a bit crowded, and I couldn't find a way to even pause the game, much less do anything with any of the things on my screen, other than inventory.

9. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I want to be gm :>

10. Shanaaro

Shanaaro . HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's not a replica, it's meant to have the same spell casting system and MC feel.

11. Alexicon1

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Then I will definitely offer my services as a quest maker

12. Shanaaro

Shanaaro . HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can't put them into effect but I can suggest them.

13. modern

modern The irony is that I love the future

Guild:
    That's my favorie part about Wynn Craft! I love the lack of buttons! I'm sure Eevee can add a setting for it although.

Haha lol yeah but every good game designer knows that you have to be working on more then one project at a time, our else you go mad. Do not worry however, as I am sure that this project is the main focus for all of the team!
    Oh yes, I have read some of your quest suggestions. They are of great quality. At the moment we are at a major point of figuring out in what direction our project is going to go, but anyone who wants to apply for GM should. I will warn you, Annes uses a slightly different system of exp and damage from WynnCraft.

I will speak with Eevee and we will figure out what the application form should be like. Again, it is not a project like Wynncraft, so it might be quite different.

Coolfood likes this.
  14. Alexicon1

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Should I send you the one pending for GM now as another example?
    I can adapt quite well to changes in scenario. In a game of football, (I normally play keeper), our striker came off injured, and we only had a reserve keeper. So our coach brought him on, and pushed me into striker position (I have never played striker). We were down 2-1, and I scored 2 goals in the last 5 minutes to win. I know this is nothing like quest making in a fantasy world, but there we go.

XavierEXE likes this.
  15. Coolfood

Minecraft:
    Yeah true! A focused game designer is no game designer at all
    also, I have no idea why but I just found how you said "They are of great quality." hilaroius
    I'm really sorry for doing this... but I had to
    I love this breakfast, it is of great taste.
    What a bad driver! He is driving of great speed.
    This homework sucks. It is of great difficulty.

All in all, love ya @mod

XavierEXE and eeveelution like this.
  16. modern

Guild:
    Awe thanks! I know you we're a big fan of chronicles of corruption, and just fyi, my New comic is in the final planning stages now. I will start arting it soon

Shanaaro and Coolfood like this.
  17. Coolfood

Minecraft:
    :D
    when words cannot capture my feelings... I turn to the faces... always waiting... for their opportunity

XavierEXE likes this.
  18. modern

Guild:
    I don't know, I will get back to you on that as soon as I can. Let me talk to the rest of the team

19. Coolfood

Minecraft:
    wow that sounded really creepy

XavierEXE and modern like this.
  20. eeveelution

eeveelution Wynn Veteran/OG VIP+

Minecraft:
    there is a 40 degrees (I think it is 40, I didn't touch that part of the code in months) limit to climbing, except for objects tagged as climbable e.g. the tall grass and, in the future, stairs. That might explain why it's so hard. But going up the mountains is undesired anyway. I might tweak things a little if there will be problems with climbing things that you should climb.
    Escape menu will come in a future update, probably along with controls a bit later. I would have to find every instance of Input.GetKey/GetKeyDown/GetKeyUp, and replace it with unity's control system. I would have done it the "proper" way, but at the time I didn't really plan ahead much. Luckily in my side projects I already use the proper control system so yay i guess?
    Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Yes, of course! I only need to think of a good way to implement it. The most obvious idea is to have spell "sets" with 4 slots each, and tab or something could be used to cycle to the next set.

The weapons are placeholders, we will have proper ones once we get a modeller and texture artist.
    There isn't much controls because there isn't much in the game. They will be expanded and improved upon once crouching and such will be added.
    I'm not sure what you mean with the mouse. I'm using unity's builtin UI system so it should work fine. Maybe try a different resolution?
    I realise that the GUI is too big. I didn't spot it during development because the unity window doesn't go full screen (it's only about 80 to 90% of the screen area once maximised) and so the UI looks smaller than it is in a build. Honestly it's probably my fault as the scaling might not be set up correctly.

You can send it to me too, or if you already did, add me to the convo :)

You guys should PM me (and add mod, Acer, Pixoul and Cicetil to the convo) and post a few examples of what you can do/what you did. I'm getting quite a lot of apps recently and it would be hard to manage them on the thread. Thanks :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.