1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Shop ▂▃▃▅▅▇▇[ ⬖ Ɽᴏϻɀʏ's Ẻᴍᴘᴏʀɪʋᴍ ⬗ ]▇▇▅▅▃▃▂ ✨ Where Epic Adventures Are Made! ✨ [ Lvl 54-99 ]

Discussion in 'Trade Market' started by _Romzy_, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Romzy_

_Romzy_ The Monocled Merchant | Passionate About People VIP+

Minecraft:
    Romzy scratches his head with a look of surprise
    My dearest apologies, it would seem that I tagged the wrong person in my response.

Examining his jewelry case...
    It seems that I have two unidentified Jester Bracelets available, but unfortunately no Jest Necklaces or Jest Rings.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  2. RaptorJesus

RaptorJesus The Jesus of raptors HERO

Minecraft:
    As RaptorJesus silently exits his invisible state after watching the many events unfold over the past few days, and chuckling quite a bit, he seemingly appears next to @_Romzy_ and inquiries if there are any unided Morph-Topaz or Morph-Amethyst lying around

3. _Romzy_

Minecraft:
    Seeing the familiar @ItzJustAPrankBro, Romzy welcomes him with an eager handshake,
    "Good to see you again! Good to see you!"

Romzy pauses for a moment to admire the sparkling emerald necklace before him. It gleams with a color sometimes yellow, sometimes green. One unfamiliar with the item's legend would think it to be a simple trick of the light, but a knowledgeable adventurer would recognize that it is in fact a trick of the artifact itself -- the infamous Jester Necklace.

"Be wary of this one my good adventurer. Tales say it is bewitched with a magic of a devilishly tricky nature. I must also make you aware that it has legendary looting properties [max looting] and as such, likely carries a much higher value for those hereos seeking the most premium of looting items. I've considered auctioning it off to gain an offer respectable of its worth, though
    now I simply have it here on display for the viewing pleasure of passing patrons."

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  4. _Romzy_

Minecraft:
    "Woahoo!" A startled Romzy exclaims.

It would seem that we have ourselves quite the covert customer! I thought I had felt the weight of eyes on me... and no, not yours Quilby!
    (In the corner, the shop's pet Wybel continues gnawing on it's favored leather boot, seemingly unconcerned with the exclamations of its eccentric owner)

Examining the shop's more recent (visible) adventurer, Romzy quickly surmised that he was no average window shopper. The man's low hanging white and red cowl and the hilts of curved daggers, barely visible in their hidden sheaths, marked him among the land's most feared assassins. Romzy had met a few in his time, though luckily not at the sharp end of their poisoned daggers.

My good sir, welcome! What brings an assassin of your caliber to my humble shop? Have my young gambling days in Pirate's Cove caught up with me! Ho ho!
    (While Romzy chuckled heartily, his hand edged silently towards an awaiting blade under his shop counter)

Oh, an unided Morph Topaz or Morph Amethyst you ask? Yes, I happen to have 9 un-ID'd Amethyst's available.
    Wishing his last patron of the evening farewell, Romzy went about closing the shop for the evening. And as his feet hit the creaking stairwell to carry him to bed, the shop's window sign did its magical turn to reveal this evening's message:

CLOSED FOR THE NEW YEARS EVE/DAY! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

5. ItzJustAPrankBro

ItzJustAPrankBro Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    the adventurer was not surprised he knew the price he threw was a long shot but with waht he had in his pockets at the time he was not disappointed "well then i will see you another day good friend"

6. IllusionFigures

IllusionFigures Unrecognized Merchant HERO

Minecraft:
    In another place, where a short figure is perusing the piece of text on the table in a room having its space taken over by a different variety of documents, is in complete serene. The figure finishes the material he was reading and proceeds to grab another one, only to find a furry wybel on the stack of books looking at him.

Surprised, he lets out a small yell and steps back, accidentially knocking a few books down, making the stack collapse in the process. The wybel however remains calm and leaps onto the wooden desk as the pile fell and puts an oddly farmiliar parchment on it. (Where did that come from...? He thought in confusion.)

Its job done, the wybel gives a short squeak and leaps out of the room through an opened window that was closed as he could remember, leaving the figure with his study materials alone. He picks up the small book and flips it open, the note within revealed.

Realising that he left his booklet behind in The Emporium and the visitor just now being Romzy's helper, the figure rearranges the fallen books lying messily on the desk as he wonders in awe about how Romzy manages to train his Wybel to do perform such tasks...

_Romzy_ likes this.
  7. TheDerpNerd

TheDerpNerd Travelled Adventurer

How about 16 EB (i'm open to negotiation)

8. orange0404

orange0404 corkus is actually here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

9. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    1st shop to ever get a salted like? Good Job XD

_Romzy_ likes this.
  10. DragonDaniel1

DragonDaniel1 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    _Romzy_ I would like to buy Philophobia #2 (10% melee,129/3s poison) for 35EB.

11. Atromic

Atromic Atromic CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    @_Romzy_

Ah, my lord. It seems I have come into contact with a Krakem, a rare Level 55 Bow. It seems you already have two but maybe I could interest you into buying a third. I'll sell it extra cheap just for you, Romzy my lord.

~Signed, the Adventurer of many Titles

12. _Romzy_

Minecraft:
    Wynn heroes arriving at The Emporium, eager to be equipped with the adventuring tools within, see the notice posted outside:

HAPPY NEW YEARS!
    (Closed for the weekend)
    Here's to grand adventures in 2017!

13. toost ;)

toost ;) Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    That was a total rip off. There is a girl named TheErinBear selling a waves raiser for 13 EB and a guy that WAS selling it for 10 but I reserved it. You wasted 40 EB. There are lots of shops selling it for less.

14. DarkWynn

DarkWynn Well-Known Adventurer

Now, now, now... Romzy provides not only the product, in this case the wand, but also a fun interaction and experience buying it. I paid as much as I deemed it to be worth.

:)

_Romzy_ likes this.
  15. toost ;)

Minecraft:
    still it was a waste lol and doesn't it say that this shop is closed for the weekend??

16. DarkWynn

DarkWynn Well-Known Adventurer

No. In my opinion it wan't a waste. And I'm the one that bought it.

Yes it does indeed say that the shop is closed for this new years weekend as it is a time to celebrate with friends and family, not play a game.

_Romzy_ likes this.
  17. _Romzy_

Minecraft:
    Walking the streets local to his shop, Romzy sees an adventurer he hopes to meet and make amends with...

Aha, hullo there @EllieChan! I hope that you have been well since recently starting in the realm of Wynn.
    I had hoped to speak with you on friendly terms regarding your discontent with my prices. (Romzy smiles, placing his hand kindly on your shoulder).
    I admire your concern for ensuring a fair deal. That's the mark of a wise adventurer! I have no ill will against you, but it does sadden me that you have been so quick to judge me and my establishment poorly. Spreading the sentiment that you believe someone's prices to be a "ripoff," is no simple accusation.

I pour my heart into this shop to ensure people not only receive a fair transaction, but a one of a kind experience (like @DarkWynn was kind to point out).
    My primary love for my work is not the emeralds I receive, but the interactions I have with the adventurers I meet. My aim is to create a brighter community for all.

Since I believe we share a deep concern for fairness, allow me to be transparent with my pricing methodology...

(Romzy produces a large leather book [a carefully researched excel spreadsheet])
    A large portion of the time I invest in my shop is taken up researching items' average market value. Now this can be tricky because, as you've seen yourself, items are often sold at widely differing prices. It's important to realize that many experienced players are willing to offer a higher amount for low level items in order to equip a new class they are leveling, while other adventurers who are just starting out may only be able to offer a much lower price -- which is sometimes accepted by the seller.

I have estimated the Waves Raiser to be worth 32-50EB. Though some sell for more and some for less, I believe others will agree that this is quite fair considering other market sales [a few which I have listed at the bottom of this post].

Here are the metrics I use to determine each trade's final sale price:
    1. Item's average market value
    2. Item's identifications
    3. The value placed upon the item by the buyer. *Some players have the means and willingness to place a higher value on an item they desire. But if I feel a player has overpriced an item and that it isn't really within their means to pay that value, then I will lower their asking price.
    4. The relationship I have with the buyer -- if they are a trusted patron/friend, a player I deem to be in greater need of help, or a newly met player who has shown exceptional kindness [or a flair for role playing] I gladly give discounts

So there you have it, my humble effort to be honest with you about my motivations and methods.
    [Written publicly, rather than privately, so that I may be transparent with any one who cares to know].

(Pausing, Romzy looks at the receipt still dangling from the handle of your recently purchased wand)
    Aha, I see you've purchased this artifact from Erin's Choice Forge! I've had the pleasure of visiting the establishment and meeting it's kind furry owner in person. I'm glad you were able to support @TheErinBear's shop, and to receive quite a deal! I will also kindly indicate that it was not so long ago that she had priced that very item at a higher rate [see below for her price that was available when I was price researching].

I wish you a fantastic New Years. And hope that 2017 may bring the opportunity to call you a friend.
    Be well and many grand adventures to you!

--------------------------------------------------------

[See below for a handful of forum prices for Waves Raiser -- near or above my researched price evaluation]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    airballjordan likes this.
  18. HappyLanding

HappyLanding Makeshift Marketeer | Forgery's Smith VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Upon returning from a late New Year's Eve party, the merry blacksmith stumbles her way through the stone-ladden streets of Wynn to the next celebratory party at hand. Though, on her way, Erin's eyes by chance land on the unlit Emporium of wonders. Soon walking up to it, she reads the notice signifying the shop's clinched hours for the New Year. With fond memories of Romzy's delightful service coming to mind, the blacksmith decides to write the shopkeeper a letter wishing him well for the holiday.

To Romzy,

Shalom, good shopkeeper! I hope this message finds you in convenient timing and after the holidays. Despite the fact that I am not currently in need of your fine goods, I bid you a happy New Year and many more favorable tidings to come! Enjoy your holiday, Romzy!

Signed,
    image.jpeg

_Romzy_ likes this.
  19. toost ;)

Minecraft:
    So they're paying extra for words ok

20. _Romzy_

Minecraft:
    Well, I've made every effort to be genuinely kind to you (and show how my shop is fair). If you don't appreciate my efforts, that is your own decision. I'm grateful that many others do.

You are always welcome in my shop, but if it is only to criticize my hard work or the decision of others who support it, I ask you not to post here. I believe this is a fair request.
    If you continue to post messages that are either unkind or do not add relevant content, I will unfortunately have to report them to one of our community's caring moderators.

Please remember that this is a community. We are fellow Wynncrafters [there is another human at the other end of your words]. There is no need to be unkind.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.