1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Comments on Profile Post by Elytry

1. Druser
    Druser
    that's uh, interesting
    Sep 26, 2023
  2. Elytry
    Elytry
    Wait, you think ele defs MATTER?
    Sep 26, 2023
  3. Druser
    Druser
    no it's interesting that you phrased it the way you did, considering the history of the movement to deemphasize ele defs in classbuilding (which by this point happened over 4 years ago)
    Sep 26, 2023
  4. Elytry
    Elytry
    I started playing 2 and a half years ago so I had never heard of that.
    Sep 26, 2023
  5. Druser
    Druser
    Understandable. This was around early 2019, an era where ele defs were considered a vital stat and having any negative ele defs was frowned upon. I was one of the foremost classbuilders preaching for the concept at the time - to quote a famous copypasta: "people began to have the revelation that maybe 50 elemental defense doesn't actually do that much". (1/2)
    Sep 26, 2023
  6. Druser
    Druser
    The defense skill point buffs/fixes in mid-2019 were the last straw, and after that the emphasis on ele defs in classbuilding largely vanished - of course, high ele defs still matter, and in general they matter more now than they did at their nadir, but it's a far cry from a time in 2018 where ele def tanks were a common build style. (2/2)
    Sep 26, 2023
  7. Elytry
    Elytry
    Ok got it.
    Sep 26, 2023