1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Comments on Profile Post by Hephaestus

1. hmm
    hmm
    we knew that
    May 8, 2017
  2. Hephaestus
    Hephaestus
    no we didnt
    May 8, 2017
  3. hmm
    hmm
    ????
    May 8, 2017
  4. Hephaestus
    Hephaestus
    Since "this universe" and "status" were never defined, I assume "this universe" to be a world in which such a thing as a "status" does not exist. Therefore, there cannot exist an updated status in this universe.

Loopholed.
    May 8, 2017
  5. Triverr
    Triverr
    I swear you've made this status before??
    May 8, 2017
  6. Hephaestus
    Hephaestus
    you're definitely hallucinating things
    May 8, 2017
  7. hmm
    hmm
    or there's just one universe.
    you can't confirm that your statement is correct, despite it being an absolute statement.
    May 8, 2017
  8. Hephaestus
    Hephaestus
    You can't confirm that my statement is incorrect. By Occam's Razor, we assume my statement is correct since it requires significantly less assumptions and is probabilistically more likely to be true.
    May 8, 2017
  9. hmm
    hmm
    Occam's Razor my ass, that only is supposed to be used when something's extremely assumptuous. It also requires less assumptions to assume everyone on the street is straight, but a good amount of them are gay or bi, so therefore you can't say that "everyone's straight"
    May 8, 2017
  10. Hephaestus
    Hephaestus
    Occam's Razor applies when we're dealing with hypotheticals, which we are here. "everyone on the street is straight" is not a hypothetical, so you don't use Occam's Razor on it.
    May 8, 2017
  11. hmm
    hmm
    It's still not an extreme possibility that there is only one universe (in fact, being that we know nothing about the existence or lack thereof of other universes, it's very likely that there aren't other universes). Therefore, the statement is intellectually dishonest. It could be correct, but that would require a "maybe" or "possibly" in there to be truthful in any (plausible) case.
    May 8, 2017
  12. Hephaestus
    Hephaestus
    ok this argument is going nowhere so let's just say that i have my own beliefs and you have your own beliefs and neither of us can actually prove our beliefs so we should just stop arguing
    May 9, 2017
  13. hmm
    hmm
    because we can't prove them that makes your statement unprovable and unfounded.
    May 9, 2017
  14. Hephaestus
    Hephaestus
    Your statement is just as unprovable. That's why I recommend we stop arguing.

If you insist, I'll continue, but I'd rather not.
    May 9, 2017
  15. hmm
    hmm
    i do not insist, but you just proved my point. you made a statement of absolute truth. that is not falsifiable, and therefore warrants a "maybe" or "probably".
    May 9, 2017