1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Comments on Profile Post by Ryuu

1. Nepeta Leijon
    Nepeta Leijon
    There are more atoms in a grain of sand than there are stars in the galaxy, but there are more grains of sand on a beach than atoms in a grain of sand.
    Aug 15, 2016
    Chino, Naraka00 and Ryuu like this.
  2. dead zeffe
    dead zeffe
    You Will see in 2050 There would be more stars believe me...
    Aug 15, 2016
  3. Coolfood
    Coolfood
    That's so trippy
    Aug 15, 2016
  4. Zelefant
    Zelefant
    not possible.
    the universe is presumably infinite, so we could continue on and on through soace for the rest of our lives and we'd never see the end of the universe. That means there are infinite stars in the galaxy, and there's not infinite trees on earth.
    Aug 15, 2016
    Plasma~ likes this.
  5. Zelefant
    Zelefant
    thats it for nerd science with terezi
    Aug 15, 2016
  6. Ryuu
    Ryuu
    note that I said galaxy, not universe lmfao...
    Aug 15, 2016
    Coolfood likes this.
  7. Fiesh
    Fiesh
    The're more tiny poop in the poop then the tiny poop in the tiny poop
    Aug 15, 2016
    Ryuu likes this.
  8. Plasma~
    Plasma~
    That's nonsense. There can't be that many trees left on earth.
    Aug 15, 2016
  9. Ryuu
    Ryuu
    You're no fun :( this info is based on September 2015 studies from multiple sources, approximating the world's trees to ~3 trillion. Around a year has passed, and there's definitely much less now due to shitty human shenanigans and whatnot, but there is still undoubtedly at least 400 billion (the approximate number of stars in our galaxy) trees o/
    Aug 15, 2016
    Coolfood and Chino like this.
  10. Chino
    Chino
    :o
    Aug 15, 2016
  11. Plasma~
    Plasma~
    I don't believe a word of it.
    Aug 16, 2016
  12. Ryuu
    Ryuu
    Ultimately, I don't really care whether or not you believe it... though I'm not sure why you don't. If you have a way to disprove the multiple studies regarding both these estimates (both of which you can access through literally one google search lol), then I stand corrected? xD
    Aug 16, 2016
    Chino likes this.
  13. Ryuu
    Ryuu
    If you can debunk this though, please do tell :o I'm genuinely interested
    Aug 16, 2016
  14. Coolfood
    Coolfood
    I support Winter/Ryuu on this one, simply cuz he's right. (probably)
    First off, Terezi, the universe may or may not be infinite, but under most accepted models, the fact that the universe could possibly be infinite does NOT mean there's an infinite amount of matter.
    Aug 16, 2016
  15. Coolfood
    Coolfood
    Following the Big Bang model, matter will not suddenly spread to all corners of the universe even if it were infinite. There's a FINITE amount of matter and energy in the universe.
    Aug 16, 2016
  16. Coolfood
    Coolfood
    Enough about astrophysics, on to estimates on star count in our galaxy. Basically they do an estimate based on how much matter in the galaxy they expect to be made up of stars and the average star mass.
    According to NASA, most reasonable estimates put stars in the Milky Way at 100-400 billion stars.
    Aug 16, 2016
  17. Chino
    Chino
    Whoa so many smart Shaka brahs :O
    Aug 16, 2016
    Coolfood likes this.
  18. Coolfood
    Coolfood
    As for the tree count, how they do it is actually pretty cool. Basically they use a combo of satellite pictures, infrared imagery (possibly, the study may or may not have used infrared specifically) and hard core math to give a pretty darn good estimate of the number of trees.
    Aug 16, 2016
  19. Coolfood
    Coolfood
    Personally I'm of the opinion they estimated on the high side with 3 trillion, maybe something more like 1 trillion would have been appropriate.
    Aug 16, 2016
  20. Coolfood
    Coolfood
    Ok, god darn it. I'm done.
    Please let me know if I made any errors, I believe my information should be pretty correct up to the specifics on tree counting.
    Sorry for spamming your feed @Winter
    :P
    Aug 16, 2016
  21. Ryuu
    Ryuu
    Well damn son
    Aug 16, 2016
  22. shipbreaker!!!
    shipbreaker!!!
    There are more stars in the whole universe then grains of sand on every beach on earth.
    Aug 17, 2016
    Ryuu likes this.