1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Comments on Profile Post by Francis12qwasyx

1. JJTH
    JJTH
    I've been having some conversations about it.
    I'm still really having my doubts, and don't want to flip the switch, because I'll be pouring a lot of efforts into something that won't matter. So.. you know.
    Aug 8, 2015
  2. Francis12qwasyx
    Francis12qwasyx
    To start off with, "something that doesnt matter" doesnt quite fairly describe a good impact on a community, still, last time you really went all out and basically burned yourself out, at least, that is how i have understood you leaving the forums.
    Aug 8, 2015
  3. JJTH
    JJTH
    Yeah. Something along those lines.
    There were more of us then, though.
    "Fighting the good fight".

Now, it'll mostly be just me.
    So even if I wanted to. Can't say it'd work.
    Lost cause and all that.
    Aug 8, 2015
  4. Francis12qwasyx
    Francis12qwasyx
    Hope and faith in the cause?

I can completely understand though. It is difficult trying to "save" something that doesnt realize and doesnt want to be "saved".
    Aug 8, 2015
  5. Francis12qwasyx
    Francis12qwasyx
    Still, ill probably still be here as long as it exists
    Aug 8, 2015
  6. JJTH
    JJTH
    Yeah. I also don't want to pretend like I'm some saviour.
    Because that automatically makes you seem arrogant and superior to others, depending on who you ask.
    And that's not who or how I am.

I have my moments. True.
    But, like, I'm a bit of a hippy at heart.
    Helping and supporting others is in my nature.
    Aug 8, 2015
  7. DumplingSoup
    DumplingSoup
    You don't have to pour lots of effort into it :) Wynncraft forums could be something you visit every now and then. Frankly, that's what I do nowadays... I come back every few weeks to check what's up, or post some stuff I do in my free time occasionally. I definitely see people who hunger for actual feedback, but the Wynn community can be TOO nice to give constructive criticism.
    Aug 8, 2015
  8. DumplingSoup
    DumplingSoup
    You were the few people to give critique on the site :) It would be fantastic to have that back.
    Aug 8, 2015
  9. JJTH
    JJTH
    That's pretty much what I'm doing right now. I'm around. I make some posts. But I'm not giving it my all. I don't want to flip that switch.

I do notice that they're sometimes too nice here, yeah, when it comes to art especially.
    A blended turd will still get 15 likes at a minimum if you label it art, whereas a well thought out post will be lucky if they do.
    Aug 8, 2015
  10. JJTH
    JJTH
    That being said. If I compliment someone's art.
    I actually mean it. ;)
    Aug 8, 2015
  11. Francis12qwasyx
    Francis12qwasyx
    For artwork, there really isnt much criticism, especially since many see it as offensive (ive seen several posts with "no criticism" underneath), however with general suggestions, easter egg finds etc some people really like tearing into things.
    Aug 8, 2015
  12. DumplingSoup
    DumplingSoup
    mmm... you do have a point, Francis. Some threads look like they don't want any cristicism :/ Though some may be too young to understand the value.
    Aug 8, 2015
  13. DumplingSoup
    DumplingSoup
    Nonetheless, happy to see activity from JJTH. Would be hyped to see more old Wynncrafters come back!
    Aug 8, 2015
  14. JJTH
    JJTH
    Speaking of art.
    People really should make a compilation topic, instead of posting a new one every fucking day.
    I don't know if people still do that.
    But if they do..

However, if they rarely post something, then that should be fine.
    Aug 8, 2015
  15. JJTH
    JJTH
    Well. I actually think it's better if some people stay gone.
    For them.
    Wynncraft can kind of be a bus stop with no buses.
    If that makes sense.
    Aug 8, 2015
  16. DumplingSoup
    DumplingSoup
    Yuno seems to be doing that sort of thing, a nice compilation of art. Though I could understand why people would post a different one each time. It prevents the same posts from stagnating at page 1.
    Aug 8, 2015
  17. Francis12qwasyx
    Francis12qwasyx
    (No i mean there are litterally art posts out there where people have written "no criticism please" under the work)
    Most older forum members that, after becoming well known, left, are probably best staying away.
    Aug 8, 2015
  18. JJTH
    JJTH
    Well. Some people can't deal with them, yeah.
    Which is kind of, you know, you're on the internet.
    A relentless place.
    If you can't handle it, you might best keep it to yourself instead.
    Aug 8, 2015