Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

A New Type Of Quest [re-post]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Violet Knight, Sep 8, 2015.

Tags:
?

Should this type of quest be added?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    87.0%
  2. Maybe, needs changes (pleaste tell me what shoudl be changed)

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. No (please tell me why not)

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Hi there!
    So, I really like the quests in Wynncraft. They are very creative and innovative and have good stories behind them, but I felt like something was missing. You see, there are several types of quests in the game:
    1: Get-quests: somebody needs an item and you get it for them. You may have to defeat a couple monsters, but that's about it.
    2: Puzzle-quests: just solve some puzzles, maybe do a parkour, and occasionally, you'll have to kill a boss.
    3: Boss-quests: kill a boss.
    And then there are the Talk-quests. It's nothing but talking.
    Now, I came up up with an idea: Detective-quests. In other quests, the storyline reveals itself to you. In this type of quest, you discover it yourself. Let me give you an example:

Roan: Thank the Lord you came! My brother, Laitar, was murdered yesterday, we found his body right here! I have no idea who did this, please help me!

Stage 1:
    investigate the clues.
    Next to the church of Ternaves, there will be an ocelot head lying on the ground. There will also be some blood around it and the wood block (wich is on eye height) in the wall next to that head will be replaced by a stair, so it looks like someone took a chunk out of it.
    Stage 2: interrogate the suspects.
    Priest of ternaves:
    I will admit I had an argument with Laitar some days ago, but I would never have killed him for that!
    Blacksmith: (inside the blacksmith, there will be a lot of item frames with metal weapons in them, but one item frame is empty. There will also be some practise dummys standing outside of the blacksmith's house.)
    I understand I am one of the main suspects, but why would I ever murder someone? Maybe you can talk to my apprentice, Noncor. He is very skilled with bow and blade too.
    Apprentice Noncor: It wasn't my fault that he died! I asked my friend Dawerd for help because there was a really strong ocelot I couldn't have killed. When he found the cat, he stabbed the ocelot, and I warned him there was a man behind that stupid animal but he just didn't listen!
    Friend Dawerd: I-I definetly killed that man w-without the intention of doing so, a-and it definetly was m-my fault he died!

When you talk to an NPC for the second time, you will be asked to arrest him. Accepting this will give you emeralds and xp if you arrest the right man, but if you arrested the wrong man you only get 1/5th of the rewards. The clues you find will be written in your quest book, wich will look something like this:
    1: 'Thank the Lord you came'
    2: Ocelot head on the ground
    3: Missing chunk of wall
    4: Empty item frame
    5: 'I-it was m-my f-fault'
    The killer was, in this case, the apprentice of the blacksmith. He tells you his friend stabbed the ocelot and at the same time stabbed the man behind him (Laitar). This wouldn't be possible, as the head is lying on the ground and the place he stabbed was on eye height. He also stutters a lot, because his friend the apprentice put him under pressure so he can prove he is innocent. The line 'Thank the Lord you came' proves the priest also can't be the killer because if Roan is religious, his brother will most likely be too, thus making it less likely the priest would've killed him.

This is only an example of how the quests could be. If you find this particular quest too difficult, know that it is just an example of how these quests could be. Please post your opinions below! :D

2. KipperZ

KipperZ King Mudkip

I really like the idea of detective quests!

3. eightbitShadows

eightbitShadows your home boy

Detective quests would be rad.

4. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Thank goodness that this time it wasn't Ozio! (Last time it was, but Ozio already exists) +1 Supporter

5. Violet Knight

Minecraft:
    :P the NPCs are named after assassins from the AC games, so Ozio = Ezio, Roan = Arno, Laitar = Altaïr, Noncor = Connor and Dawerd = Edward.

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  6. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    image.jpg
    Ozio: image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

7. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

I fully support this idea, though it might be a little tricky to give all of them obvious answers but still make it sort of mysterious.

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  8. eightbitShadows

eightbitShadows your home boy

bumpetty bump

9. Choo

Choo Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    bump
    nice idea
    bump dis

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  10. DuskZeDragon

DuskZeDragon Created The Skrublordatron 9000!

Minecraft:
    Great Idea! But personally, I would think you would have to come up with an Idea to prevent Players from telling other players the answers to the quest and finishing it immediately. You could possibly add more text to the quests so you can randomize the true killer? it would prevent the players from telling others answers by ALOT.

11. Violet Knight

Minecraft:
    I don't know, adding more text would be hard and I don't know if it is possible to program different outcomes, but I don't think it's possible to stop players from spoiling the end to others, as the staff can't control the videos people put online, or the skypecalls people make.

12. CavemanJimbo

CavemanJimbo What a lonely profile

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is awesome! Slap dat like button :D

13. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    +1 supporter. Great Idea! took me a while to figure that one out

14. Inceptus

Inceptus Silent forums lurker

I really like this idea. This would be really fun, and may take a long time to finish the quests, which I like! I also personally like mysteries because I get to arrest someone. No, I am not a shoot first ask questions later kind of guy, I just like shooting, but not asking.

Seriously though, I support this! Really cool!

15. Flubby

Flubby left and accidentally became leftist VIP+

Minecraft:
    So I like the concept but... The GM doc says one must account for the fact the quest participants are about as dumb as a drunk 5 year old. I don't care about your IQ, but I just don't see these quests working.

Devourer, CheesePrince13 and green254 like this.
  16. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

Well we have a no spoilers rule for relics and that seems to be working pretty well.

17. green254

green254 Mediocre architect

i agree with flubby on this, its an interesting idea but you have to take into account the people who have a harder time with things like this. Hell, i consider myself rather smart and the ending was only my second guess. Quest need to be kept simple and straight forward for the most part otherwise everyone gets confused and it leads to trouble.

Flubby likes this.
  18. kojirobin

kojirobin ♧ the local (broke) emerald dealer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But if the clues were shown in the chat like:
    Clue found: Roan saying "The Lord you came!"
    Clue found: A weapon stabbed from an ocelot and a chunk.
    Thought clue found: Noncor lying about the ocelot and Deward
    Clue found: Deawrd saying "I-it wa-was m-my faul-lt!"

And again, it is shown in a "Quest Clues Book".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.