Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Main Attack Scaling

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by schoals, Oct 5, 2024.

?

Yea or Nah

1. Main Attack Split seems like a good idea for some things within archetypes/spells.

2. All Spells/archetypes should stay spell damage based.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. schoals

schoals Travelled Adventurer

Hello! I've come with potentially a creative suggestion that'd also help alot of underpowered archetypes!

So today, I was playing some League of Legends (Yeah go ahead call me a stinker) and then the idea came to my head. Similar to how in that game some abilities Scale off of AD or AP (Depending on whats fitting for the character ability/style). I was thinking Wynncraft can do the same with some abilities or skills in the ability tree?

Currently as it is from what I see everything just scales off of spell damage mostly, and main attack is useless outside of things like Tstack Epoch. But what if some abilities/archetypes used main attack?

This could also be a cool way to fix some underpowered classes/archetypes at the moment such as Shadestepper for Assassin or Sharpshooter for Archer. And also I feel like some abilities just make more sense to fit into scaling off main attack over spell damage, such as multi-hit or bash to name a few.

This could be a really cool way to buff currently underpowered archetypes and allow for ALOT more build diversity! Also some current mythics that seem kinda lack luster would be given a chance to shine! (Such as dawnbreak, gaia, or even singularity).

I know this would be FAR from an easy change, because some current mythics would just become even more insanely OP (Hero w/ main attack % ID and tstack epoch getting access to use some abilities just to name a few off the top of my head) but I definitely believe it could be a good change given enough balancing and testing!

Let me know what you think content team :D!

2. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you should add a poll

3. schoals

schoals Travelled Adventurer

Done!

Elysium_ likes this.
  4. Yeet_Triangle

Yeet_Triangle Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    This will also buff currently awful melee-based mythics like Grimtrap, Gaia, and maybe even Bloodbath who knows?

5. paRtifire

paRtifire Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Wait yeah this just makes sense, it would also allow more unique gear choices to shine through! However, it would also nerf some playstyles simply due to needing both spell and melee raw/%. I think the general concept is cool tho.

Elysium_ likes this.
  6. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the people yearn for meleebound update

7. TinyCookieJar

TinyCookieJar Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Twain's Arc does actually use melee damage, so there is a precedent for this.

Elytry likes this.