Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Highly accurate diagnosis from Discord

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by culpitisn'taword, Oct 5, 2024.

1. culpitisn'taword

culpitisn'taword Skilled Adventurer

"Wynncraft's mob design forces potspam/healing meta"
    I have heard many complaints about Lightbender and Acolyte being overpowered. This, I think, explains the problem neatly.

To broadly summarise it, Wynncraft's damage is difficult to avoid, and the only good sources of healing are pots, Lightbender, and Acolyte. Lifesteal and health regen are both too weak, while enemies have too much ability to injure you - the post specifically calls out ranged mobs, especially burst mobs, and quick melee enemies, which often hit hard as well.

I think this neatly explains the issues that resulted in Lightbender dominance, but I don't have many ideas on how to fix the issue. I'd suggest giving some form of proper healing to all the classes, or buffing lifesteal and health regen, or making attacks more dodgeable, or reworking potions. Or perhaps this thread is wrong and the problem's overblown. But I do think that, at the very least, 2.1's difficulty increase should be coming from dodgeable attacks and not just increased numbers, although that requires a lot of dev time.

2. Gone2Dream

Gone2Dream Luto Aquarum enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    I think that it varies from enemy to enemy. IE, Greg and his hands have a pretty fast move speed. If you aren't fast enough or have some other way of evading attacks, then you will take a fair amount of damage if things are aggroed to you.

Also, another reason why LB mage is supper common is because they have arguablely the best movement spell in the game, teleport. It's safe and instant, letting them safely disengage and evade most things. Teleport, in combination with Heal, makes mage super survivable.

3. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    young man. that is something we are doing with all the new bosses. they all have telegraphs now instead of just a white circle.

Earthbrine, Dr Zed, Bwitty03 and 4 others like this.
  4. culpitisn'taword

The regular enemies should also have proper dodgeable attacks though. Most enemies are still very basic.
    Yeah, that's another fair point. Probably the reason why Acolyte isn't as dominant as LB. Teleport's really good and it keeps getting buffed. Only issue with it, IMO, is that it's not so good at vertical mobility, but it's still the best movement spell in the game.

I don't know how you'd fix that, though. Probably by making it less useful to disengage from combat? I don't know how you'd do that, either.

It's a tricky problem which I have no solutions for.

5. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    culpit is more likely to be referring to the obscene stats of world event mobs that still have burst range AI and super fast attack speeds (looking at you corkus)

Melkor likes this.
  6. culpitisn'taword

when i try to go up the big tree in eyeball forest i have to spiral around it because teleport has less vertical mobility than horizontal even if you point directly up

it's still better at vertical mobility than any other movement spell except escape tho i suppose

and haul too, possibly. i don't know how good haul is (do not play shaman)

7. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    It's kinda in an awkward place right now considering some bosses (ie, boss altars) have gotten buffed stats but not better telegraphs

It's almost absurd how much more easy world events are with a single other person to draw half the fire

luckeyLuuk and Elytry like this.
  8. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    default haul is next to useless
    blood connection allows infinite flight
    and frog dance is really fast