Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Mega QOL request (new player POV)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by cotamer, Sep 11, 2024.

Tags:
?

Do you think wynncraft should add QOLs such as /trades, backpacks, unlimited travel scrolls, etc

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

66.7%
  3. go back to skyblock you noob

33.3%
  1. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    can i just say
    at least for combat miniquests and boss altars, totems are op, because you can just finish them/get entry faster!

2. cotamer

cotamer Newbie Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I edited the post with replies to some points

Last edited: Sep 14, 2024
  3. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's just not the kind of content that would fit into our game, being locked behind progression or not.

4. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    the loop changes a bit once you're in the endgame, you start needing to look for specific items for a build that won't be outdated in a few levels instead of anything that works. and if everyone could pick up every item they found with no added time cost it would probably crash the economy.

as a fan of world exploration, this never really happens to me. even earlygame i usually just take the high quality stuff, or replacements for stuff thats falling behind.

Deusphage likes this.
  5. culpitisn'taword

culpitisn'taword Skilled Adventurer

...why does this guy have VIP+ already?

6. culpitisn'taword

culpitisn'taword Skilled Adventurer

Anyway, in response to the new "points":
    • Items are not worthless before level 50. That's simply untrue. Item management is part of the core process of Wynncraft, along with ability management, which, conspicuously, you haven't mentioned.
    • You claim that Wynncraft being a different game than Skyblock can be used to justify shooting down any proposed change. This is called video games having genres. Tetris does not need item crafting; Minecraft does not need complex gun assembly (although mods probably add it anyway); a Mario platformer should not also contain battle royale combat with six foot swords. So, yes, you can use the 'different game' argument to justify basically any change not fitting, because if you disregarded that argument, you could pretty easily reach the conclusion that every game should be everything. Or an idle game.
    There is. It's called the gameplay loop. You always need to go back to town. If you see a cool new place to visit, then that means that you go back to town, clear your inventory, and then go out to see that cool new place, which restarts the loop. Or you could drop items that you don't need.
    You aren't playing the game right. You are not supposed to pick up every item you find. You are not supposed to clear every cave in one go. That's not how Wynncraft plays and it's honestly kind of brainless. There's no thought in a mindless avaricious lootrun. There wouldn't be an economy. Everyone would have everything.
    I also don't really understand what your aside about Calamity is. Are you implying that Wynncraft is missing elements that QoL mods would add*? Are you still fixating on the endless frustration of not being able to sticky-fingers every item you see? Most games have inventory restrictions. Terraria has inventory restrictions, and they're basically the same as Wynncraft's, for that matter, save that you can build your own towns instead of having to stick to preplaced ones
    *assuming a singleplayer game where you can add mods, which is not Wynncraft, where mods are Wynntils or hacks
    This run-on sentence is incoherent and I can barely tell what you're trying to say.

The core of Wynncraft is world exploration. This means you are exploring the world. Due to MMORPGs like Wynncraft having different sections of the world be at different levels, you cannot simply roam around aimlessly, immediately investigating every point of interest. Wynncraft divides the parts of its world into 10-level sections, such as the Molten Heights, the Desert and Mesa, Wynn Plains, the Jungle, and the Dark Forest. These areas center around their town, which the universal gameplay loop is built around.

The alternatives to returning to the same town over and over would be:
    • Completely redoing the map and the entire leveling structure in order to remove all level-based barriers on movement around the map, thus allowing you to roam along random paths in the world to find different towns. It's likely that gameplay would still end up partially as circling around the same town in order to complete that area before roaming to another.
    • Essentially removing all inventory restrictions, like you demand, which is a bad idea, because, as I explained, it would reduce item collection to a mindless dopamine rush which would quickly get boring. Instead of being excited when you find something good in a chest (such as a legendary item), you barely notice it, because, since you're "picking [up] everything you see", it's just an addition to some percentage of your massive slush pile of items.
    In conclusion, your proposed "QoL" to do away with inventory restrictions would boil down to making Wynncraft a Skyblock clone. Which is a very bad idea.

Please inspect your items closely, learn which to take and which to keep, and stop filling up your inventory with Unique and Rare clutter. It's not worth anything, it's slowing down your leveling, and you'll make more money by engaging with the rest of Wynncraft's content instead of a Skyblock-inspired grindfest.

Elytry likes this.