Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

What can be possible for a 6th Class?

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by _Rippi, Aug 19, 2024.

1. _Rippi

_Rippi V.I.P. (Varis is Perfect) I LOVE REVOLVER VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    While we are in prime season of discovering 2.1 right now, why not discuss what could be released alongside Fruma?

While I believe a 6th class is needed for the game to be in a more complete state, and we have , first let's theorize what can this new class be? I have 2 theories: Gauntlets and ...Guns? Hear me out on the guns part, but I believe gauntlets (as in hand armour made of metal and used for punching and as armour really) are the one weapon I found that fits in the role of a 3rd melee weapon for the melee class based on a fighter called... Fighter (temporary name really).

First off, crafting. While Woodworking has 3 recipes for bows wands and reliks, Weaponsmithing only has 2, the dagger and the spear. So it would be an obvious next step to get a melee weapon for Weaponsmithing.
    As I see it a gauntlet could be made by 2 ingots and 1 string. This is similar with how you can craft reliks (as in you use different materials compared to bows and wands)

Second reason: balance. Not meta balancing, but balance between melee and ranged weapons. It would feel weird to have 2 melee classes and 3 ranged classes, and 4 would be pushing it*. So the only competitor I really think could exist to it is Guns.

Why Guns? First of, I don't mean modern guns, I mostly mean weapons that used gunpowder before the modern guns we know of. So, instead of dividing the 6 theoretical classes into melee and ranged, we can divide them into 3 categories, namely Melee, Magical and Ranged, and the Gunpowder class (again, better names are accepted).

Other than dividing classes, we kinda know Fruma has technology similar to corkus' robots, so gunpowder weapons are not out of the question either.

As for crafting, we can use 2 metal and oil the woodworking crafting station (renamed since it uses metal not wood). I also believe that with this change reliks should cost 2 wood and 1 oil, and wands 2 oil and 1 wood and be crafted in a new crafting station (Carving?)

Now if either of these are discussed, here is the basic run down of the spells they can use. For Fighter using the gauntlets, we have Dragon Punch (R R L, throw a dragon spirit that shoots out fast but deaccelerates quickly, and apart from dealing spell damage to anything it touches it pushes enemies), Reposition (R R R, for a short time grants a burst of move speed and jump speed while also makes you immune to knockback and deal/receive less damage during it, cancellable by shifting), Spirit of a Fighter (R L R, grants +2 attack speed tiers and make the next 3 main attacks deal extra damage and knockback. After the 3 main attacks or after x seconds the buff expires) and Knock-out punch (R L L, for every negative effect the targets have throw them farther and deal more damage. If this kills a hostile mob it recharges a little bit of mana).

This might be a bit pushed for the base kit, but it balances itself by having to be as close as assassin and having to use main attacks alongside spells. Also these are just the base spells there is an entire ability tree to be designed here.

Now for the Gunpowder class using non-modern guns, I also thought them something for them too. For Spells we have: Crafted explosion
    (R R L, throw an explosive that explodes in a delay, and increase its damage by your exploding%), Roll 'n Reload (R R R, Roll on the floor in the direction you're facing and reload your gun, which provides an effect depending on the archetype), Explosive Darts (R L L, throw a lot of darts in an arc, which will explode after x time since it touched the ground/entity, and increase its damage by your exploding%) and Take aim (R L R, increases your main attack range and critical damage, and makes delayed abilities activate on contact instead)

These are the 6th class I would design for Wynncraft, though I'm just a players so the most I can do is suggest ideas for the final product. Any questions you may have, you may ask and I'll answer. But I made this just to start the 6th class discussion, not to request for it to be added now...

AcadeeAlkana likes this.
  2. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is an interesting idea, but maybe move it to Your Work bc CT doestn want a new class :(

3. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I’ve had similar thoughts on the distribution and agree the next one is likely gonna be close melee or physical ranged
    Wdym? They don’t accept class suggestions, this is speculation tho. Salted confirmed in an interview with olinus that they have a 6th class in the works, and have had it since 1.19 as it was intended to be released with shaman. It’s likely just unfinished

4. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    some CT members do not like it when Class Suggestions are placed in General Suggestions. thats all

5. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    why /gen

6. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If there's gonna be a 6th class it better be melee cuz we already have 3 ranged classes (archer, mage, shaman), but only 2 melee classes (warrior, assassin)

7. Spaghetti Man

Spaghetti Man The Spaghetti Man CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I'm of the idea that doing quests in Corkus should unlock an Engineer class that involves turrets and electromagic

8. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    questlocked classes :sob:

Deusphage likes this.
  9. Gone2Dream

Gone2Dream Luto Aquarum enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    If there was a 3rd melee class, it would need to have a unique customizable weapon. The gauntlet is already kind of covered in assassin's earth and thunder weapons. I think that a good melee weapon to use to stand out from the other classes is the Axe. The Lance is also an option, but it isn't as iconic as an axe. Here's what some axe weapons could look like:

- Base: Axe blade on one side
    - Earth: Axe blade on one side and a hammerhead on the other.
    - Thunder: Bat with several large electrified spikes going through it.
    - Water: Staff with two diverting forked blades on the end to make a Y shape.
    - Fire: Giant single bladed axe that's on fire.
    - Air: Two axe heads, somewhat resembles a valkrie axe

Their stats could trade some HP for slightly more AOE and range. Same HP multiplier as mage, melee reach of 3 and hits in a very wide angle, damaging spells have some range but are stronger when closer.

10. TheLMiffy1111

TheLMiffy1111 Previous Leader Of A Revived Wynn Community CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    one ct member

TigerYaisou likes this.
  11. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    now now, we dont single out people here

12. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I do think letting the weapons also chop trees would be extremely funny

13. Cashtron527

Cashtron527 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I know this will never happen, but it would be really cool if they added a class that was designed around walkspeed

14. AcadeeAlkana

AcadeeAlkana Maiden Voyage Dev HERO

Minecraft:
    The devs would probably classify a brawler or fighter with gauntlets as an Assassin. Deadeye and likely other Archer Weapons would be made guns or have the model of guns, since they're ranged options that specifically shoot arrow-like attacks anyways. Lame, I know, but them's the breaks, from what I've observed. But yknow what they couldn't deny, since it's both Weaponsmithing, a melee-fitting concept, and specifically unique from the others? A Shield or Buckler Weapon Class! (Prolly 2 Wood, 2 Ingots or smth, idk)

Honestly, making new crafting recipes which don't mess up anything is probably one of the only truly difficult parts of class concepting for me, since it involves the risk of messing with the Crafting economy.

Right now I'm working on an Explosives Class with Blasters as the Main Weapon, craftable with Weaponsmithing. ("Blaster" containing both throwable explosives and miniature handheld artillery.) The current recipe I've come up with is actually 1 Paper, 2 Ingots as a base, since Paper is still part of Wood Gathering, meaning there's little harm done to the general economy. Scribing is a niche craft, so Paper also having to do with a 6th Class' progression would make it's set of uses better compete with the Oil material used in both Potions and Jeweling. (Paper in a Blaster is how you wrap the ingot shrapnel up to be launched about on impact or get a simple, very short fuse working, and also a way to inject magical propulsion into the artillery pieces.) I could probably make it 2 Oil, 1 Ingot to mirror Shaman's usage of Oil, but it already has a ton of uses as is XP

Other options I can think of is a Main Attack which specifically does combos (think Minecraft Dungeon weapons, where they cycle through a few different attacks), or a Main Attack that changes based on whether you're grounded or airborne.

It feels like the melee Classes in this game are moreso the odd ones out than the norm, since Warrior has gotten increased range through it's Upgrades since 2.0 and Assassin/Shaman spend more time in close quarters than the other Classes. Warrior actually performs best by being a tankier Assassin with better crowd control, as opposed to dealing increased damage at point blank. Spells having a wide variety of ranges make "melee" sort of a moot point XP

It's silly of me to think I have even a chance in the Nether of getting my Class into the game, but I'm anxious about them releasing a 6th Class on their own since that'd mean a lot of my work of fitting my own idea for one into the game would go to waste.

The biggest reason to add a 6th Class would be to make things that are teased in the environment, quests, and builds into a playable form with Upgrades and Abilities. "Why do other people get to use technology and not me?," in a sense.

If you want, you couuuuuld contact me to talk about the steampunk Archetype my Class concept has. Just sayin'!

15. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You actually do get to use that technology though. Stuff like the A16-L31 Hand Mortar are meant to be pieces of Corkian technology-- in the case of that relik specifically, the mounted rocket launcher on the Armored Tanks.
    This also isn't a reason why we *need* to add a sixth class, or why a 6th class would 'complete' the game, which is what my initial comment was pointing out was weird. We do not *need* to add another class.

Originally there was another class alongside Shaman that was going to be released in 1.19 (salted talked about this in an interview), which means that if we ever did want to add a sixth class, a concept in some form already exists for it.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  16. Spaghetti Man

Spaghetti Man The Spaghetti Man CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This unfortunately falls under a different problem, the suspension of disbelief. While what you're saying may be true in lore, in actual gameplay every single weapon (to my knowledge) borrows from a rather small set of models based on the type of damage it deals which really kills the suspension of disbelief when I'm supposedly carrying some special weapon or artifact that literally just looks like my other one.
    This is noticeable for all equipment, but especially armor and weapons. The real solution here for the sake of polish and immersion is to start giving equipment their own models, or at the very least the special ones.

And this is a tangent (of a tangent), but armor in general should be changed very heavily so that it no longer follows the Minecraft style of armor progression (Leather, Gold, Chain, etc), and is instead based on the stats/IDs they provide. I'm not sure if custom armor is possible yet within the game, but it sure can't come soon enough given how weird it feels for players with completely different builds and playstyles to all look identical.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  17. TheLMiffy1111

TheLMiffy1111 Previous Leader Of A Revived Wynn Community CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    With Wynncraft upping its required Minecraft version to 1.20.2, Wynncraft has access to armor trims that can provide a certain level of customization to armor textures

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  18. Ignisium

Ignisium Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    A tower shield class would be cool.

19. _Rippi

_Rippi V.I.P. (Varis is Perfect) I LOVE REVOLVER VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wow, uh this sparked a lot of talk.

btw the "need" part is just me thinking that 5 classes can't be divided symmetrically, and since some content in the game as a limit of 4 player, one class feels left out. its also that reliks have weird crafting ingredients compared to wands and bows. As i said, Weaponsmithing has 2 recipes while woodworking has 3, which is 100% weird.

For that one person saying that scrolls need more relevancy, rn scrolls are the meta consumable (tho i don't dislike it).

And yes my post falls into speculation, but also class suggestion, so im sorry for that one person that doesn't like class suggestion on gen

20. AcadeeAlkana

AcadeeAlkana Maiden Voyage Dev HERO

Minecraft:
    It's not exactly true for a huge part of the game, then. Surface level appeal's pretty important; a Relik that states it's an artillery piece, acts like an artillery piece, has lore of it being an artillery piece, but doesn't look the part feels like a beast left underwhelming by engine limitations or preserving whatever realism or logical/historical continuity Wynncraft still has. It's a step in the right direction, but it's not enough for what most first-time players will actually see - especially since what I'm using as a reference for "why can't we use that to fight" is the cannons on pirate ships, dynamite mentioned/implied with mining operations, unstable "recycled" batteries which Llevigar isn't using, etc. (can we throw a basket of those spare unstable energy cores at enemies pretty please???)

Demolition is also a core part of Minecraft's identity, making a Class whose surface-level impression is "blow stuff up" another way to hook in players not quite attracted to the rest of the roster. TNT and gunpowder-based artillery are also actually used in Wynncraft's builds and even some early game quests (at least the pre-2.1 Ragni/Nemract quests I remember), but never used outright in any form of earlygame combat. (No turrets, turret sections, specific points at which you fight USING an outright explosive, etc.)

In theory, we didn't really need Shaman, either. It's clearly caused a lot of trouble, and you could've made Slykaar and co. into Dryads or Nature Mages to explain them away without a Shaman, but here we are, with a 5th Class in tow and ripping apart at least 80% of the melee mobs with high damage output and massive AoEs. Having a Class that uses stuff which is (implied to be) lying around the map's many builds is a likelier proof than a whole series of Reliks, even if there is a touch of overlap with the new cosmetics and the weapon models of a new Class. But in practice, I love it, and it's why I stuck around with Wynncraft at all.

So it's not like we need a 6th Class, but it'd help the game grow and further prevent gameplay from becoming stale. A lot of firsts for Spells and what a Class' Abilities can do could be established with a 6th Class!

luckeyLuuk likes this.