Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Website & Forums Easily referenced Crate Items?

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Arisudea, Apr 28, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arisudea

Arisudea Lightbringer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Hey, everyone!

So, I'm fairly new to Wynncraft, but I've got to say I'm falling in love with it. It's such an immersive experience, and it seamlessly blends together my need to grow and grind as well as relax and roleplay. I've always been big on glamour and aesthetics in games -- I'm always focused on making my character look good, do cool things, and embed their selves into the world through lore -- and part of doing that on Wynncraft is somewhat dependant on Crates. I think they're a wonderful way for me to show you all that I'm loving the game and content. That said -- I wish I knew a little bit more of what I was getting into.

I'm not going to claim that the game lacks transparency; You state clearly what sort of things are in each tier of crate, and I appreciate that, but there's really just no good way of knowing what those items are. I've been on a bit of a quest to find out. In part because I want to collect my favourite cosmetics and pets, but also because I want to support this game so that it survives and prospers for many years to come. I've been a member for 5 days now, and I'm already at about 565$ CAD on purchases. (( I know that barely scratches the surface of some members contribution, but I'd like to think it's a good amount for less than a week. :wink: )) Through lengthy crate opening sessions and rerolling -- I even found myself making the difficult choice to scrap items I really liked -- just so I'd get the chance to see what some of the items I haven't seen looked like. Despite that, I still haven't seen MANY of the items offered, and honestly I don't think I can afford to keep the hunt up at this same pace. (One of the hardest things for me to find is literally a common attack effect that I "think" I want but might not even like when I see what it looks like. There's just no preview anywhere. While you can always reroll upwards in tier, there's no way to reroll common items. Your only option is to buy more crates an pray.)

I'm aware of the wiki, and I know it's still being worked on, but a lot is either missing from it or the image files are corrupted and not displaying. That's not to mention some things not shown such as attack effects and differentiations between the types of crates (Standard, Spirit, Hero, Blizzard, Bonfire) Trying to get any level of detailed information on these things took me hunting the internet scouring through YouTube videos, Old Wiki Posts, New Wiki Posts and Forum posts.

So; that was a whole lot of words just to say I'm having trouble finding the resources I need in order to spend responsibly and plot out the items and pets I want to get. And I know these sort of things might not really be priority for the players focusing on the "G" in "MMORPG" -- but for a guy like me who focuses on the "MMO" and "RP" -- it makes a world of difference.

What I'd like to see/suggestions I have are:
    • In the store, a list of the names of items available in each loot crate tier. (TI, TII, TIII, TIV)
    • On the "Items" tab on the main site, it would be nice to see Cosmetics and Pets as something that can be searched and where and how to obtain them listed. (Tier, and whether or not they're from seasonal crates or Silverbull Bundle)
    • And/Or the wiki articles for these things to be updated/organized.
    • Optional: I think it'd be really nice to have a video or gif available showing the animations of certain items. (I say this because when I first saw a static image if the Demon Wings cosmetic, I assumed they flapped and I wanted them desperately. When I finally got them and saw that they were a particle effect I was disappointed, though they're still my favourite Player effect.)
    • Sort of unrelated but also related -- I wouldn't mind a video showing the difference between the reskinned animations for each class. Right now I'm just choosing the class skin that sounds the coolest.

** I'd also like to offer to help out with the wiki if that's the route you'd like to take but just find yourself not possessing the manpower or free time to update them yourselves. If a test server exists, or you'd like me to buy an account that could be granted cosmetics to photograph and/or record animations. (You could even ban it afterwards to keep it fair) I'd be more than willing to do it for you. Knowing "what" I'm potentially buying would be immensely helpful to me in the long run. I've got a pretty beefy PC with shaders and think I could do a pretty decent job of it if you're willing to put me to work on it.

Thanks so much for listening to what this ol' goat has to say.

2. Stonefriend

Stonefriend Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Lootboxes and knowing what youre buying are antonyms xD
    Imo: In an ideal world, each cosmetic would be seperately available in the shop for a fixed amount of money; but that not how you get people to spend more than they should

3. Arisudea

Minecraft:
    I agree entirely with you about the "in a perfect world thing", but I also understand the financial decision behind making them RNG.
    I'm not going to ask what the % chances are, I'm not going to ask that they make a guaranteed purchase method -- but in the very least I'd like to know what I "can" get with a bit more clarity. I'll do the wallet grind for a good game like this -- but I need more to work with in order to make informed decisions, you know?

Stonefriend likes this.
  4. Stonefriend

Minecraft:
    Nono I got you, I agree d(^^

5. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just to make sure, when you say "wiki", you're referring to the wiki.gg wiki right? That's the officially endorsed one, and more up-to-date than the fandom wiki

6. Arisudea

Minecraft:
    Yup, I've been to both and know which is which. :sweatsmile:

Earthbrine likes this.
  7. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh my goodness gracious

Bwitty03 and Arisudea like this.
  8. NilsGameIdiot

NilsGameIdiot Thermonuclear Bomb

Single handedly funding salted's yacht addiction on god

9. Arisudea

Minecraft:
    Pretty sure I've almost doubled that now -- Please Salted Senpai, notice me and my struggle. You're going to bankrupt me. :dizzy:

Stonefriend likes this.
  10. Stonefriend

Minecraft:
    Salted gotta satisfy the whales 人´-`)

Last edited: May 4, 2024
    Arisudea likes this.
  11. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft: