Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Adding random events to Wynncraft explorations

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Golden Godzilla, Apr 24, 2024.

?

Would you like some surprises and uncertainty in your Wynncraft experince?

1. Yes I would like some.

2. No I want to the experience to be consistent.

3. It sounds interesting but I would like a choice to decline (like unaffected safe servers)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden Godzilla

Golden Godzilla Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I had this idea that allows the world to be more interactive with the players rather than needing the player to always have to actively do something to get feedback. I came up with the idea of random events. The idea is that there will be events that may be active on the map at random periods of time acting as mini-quests. The event will be triggered when the player enters its trigger area, from which the player may choose to complete the event or ignore.

There are smaller events like saving citizens from monsters and larger events like fighting against a scaled attack on villages or small cities. Larger events need more players to deal with and it should encourage people to meet with strangers who are doing the same things. As such, it is recommended to have the event announced 5-10 minutes after it began. Also, larger events should have start time and progress synchronized across all servers to prevent everyone cramped into one server. I should also emphasis that the random events, especially large events, should be rare to encounter to keep it fresh for the players and discourage people to intentionally look for the events (that would defeat the purpose)

Ideas on smaller events:

• Citizen being ambushed by bandits or monsters

• High concentration of elite enemies

• Blacksmiths (or any other jobs that require materials) need a certain material that you may have already gathered.
    • Dungeons and raids occasionally have openings to a much more dangerous and rewarding path.
    Ideas on larger events:

• Scaled attacks on villages or small cities (guards and enemies can spawn inside the village/city). Players need to take down the invaders like larger minecraft village raids to complete.

• Strong boss-like creature that occupies a spot, making the surroundings very dangerous for local players and buffing the surrounding mobs to be more deadly and slightly more rewarding to kill. The boss should require higher leveled players to takedown, or a group of highly ambitious local players to take on with high risks of failure (and high rewards for their level range).
    • A mini-boss hiding in the map. Killing it will relocate it to a lower level region as the next phase. Finishing all phases will then reward the participants. (Mainly hide and seek with clues)
    Rewards for completing the events:

The random events are like mini-quests and thus, some amount of emeralds and experiences should be given based on the contribution. However, to attract people in participating, a new unique reward that can not be obtained anywhere else is also given in the random events: a one-time use device that allows the player to use the crafting station to craft items not limited to their own crafting level, but the device’s level cap. This device offers the early and mid players to try professions without leveling their profs, and the device can not be obtained with a level cap above lv90 to not ruin the purpose of leveling professions for end-game players. The device can not be traded so it encourages players to try the professions for themselves instead of selling them and "leave it to the professionals".

This is an idea of my own and was not implemented in any MMORPG as far as I am aware. Also, I am not a professional game designer, so it is likely that it has flaws that I did not notice. If you have any feedback, please leave it in the comment sections, it is greatly appreciated. If you have ideas for a random event, that would be appreciating as well.

Edit: I heard some response about the swarm event which I am not aware of before I started writing this, as well as the lag problem that come with the event. It is a shame that it has to be removed due to the lag factors, so I would emphasis some of my suggestions that can reduce the lag:
    1. Make the event more common, but tied to level to discourage players from joining events that are not around their own levels (can still join just for fun).
    2. The event period and major milestones are synchronized across all (or most) servers so the players and mobs are distributed in multiple servers (servers with more participant have more deadly mobs). (if the swarm event already did this then never mind)
    These changes are aimed to reduce number of players and mobs on each server for each event, therefore reducing lag without optimizing games. It feels like a really fun event, and I wish it to come back even if at a slightly less quality.

Last edited: May 6, 2024
  2. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    F in chat for swarms
    There are a few small events kind of like this, but I'd love to see more in the world. It might be difficult to code them or to make them feel well integrated though. Add a poll.

3. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i’d love to see more world event stuff like this in-game

4. Golden Godzilla

Minecraft:
    Thanks for the suggestion. A poll has been added

Elysium_ likes this.
  5. TheLMiffy1111

TheLMiffy1111 Previous Leader Of A Revived Wynn Community CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    literally swarms

bring back swarms

Golden Godzilla, Sar and Melkor like this.
  6. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like this suggestion as despite the fact I've never experienced one, I would like swarms to come back. However, I do think that there should be some safe servers that don't have it in case you need to afk and also swarms were pretty laggy iirc from some other people's experiences.

7. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think that was mostly because the server was not as great back then.
    There's already some "events" in game, like the unified gnome and the deltas rat jumping to its death, but I believe all or most of these are a one time thing, and almost all of them don't provide much gameplay wise. They're certainly interesting, and I always love little bits that flesh out a world and make it feel more alive, but watching a rat eat cheese and then leap to its death or a fisherman telling you "this is my fishing spot" doesn't do anything for the G part of RPG

Swarms are cool, especially in Wynn considering the corruption and all that.

8. xihuanchirenrou

xihuanchirenrou Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    the fucking what

9. WalMartin

WalMartin Golden Doodle VIP+

Minecraft:
    yeah i'd love to have more world events those were cool and random enemy groups spawning would make non-fast travel more rewarding

10. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    yeah those would be cool

Earthbrine and Deusphage like this.
  11. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There's a rat in deltas that can show up and it eats some cheese, gets scared by you, runs over to the airship and jumps off of it, and fucking dies

12. xihuanchirenrou

xihuanchirenrou Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Hell yeah

ExertKarma likes this.
  13. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    peak lore if you ask me

14. Stonefriend

Stonefriend Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
  15. Golden Godzilla

Minecraft:
    I guess this is quite similar to World Events. In that case, I would suggest the world event to be more common and accessible to regular players so that you can stumble upon many of them during your average playthrough instead of intentionally look for to find them. Adding a randomness to the World events could also spice things up as well so this also opens for discussions between expanding World event or adding small random events.

luckeyLuuk and Stonefriend like this.
  16. Golden Godzilla

Minecraft:
    I have seen a lot of people saying swarms. After a lookup I realized that my idea isn't something new. I felt like it is really good concept, too bad server lag is an issue.

17. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Yes please!

As others said, there is a bunch of things like this, but one-time. Permanent NPCs you could talk to every now and then would be great. Also swarms would be nice and loor-accurate.

Elysium_ likes this.
  18. TheLMiffy1111

TheLMiffy1111 Previous Leader Of A Revived Wynn Community CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  19. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    At least you get to see your suggestion in game; I mean that is the whole point of suggestions

20. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i mean, how would you know that's what we were already making

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.