Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Yellow node after base spells for all classes

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Elysium_, Sep 29, 2023.

?

Which would you like to see added to the game?

1. Fleet of Foot (Assassin)

27 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. Mystic Flow (Mage)

20 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Restless Spirit (Shaman)

23 vote(s)
    76.7%
  4. None of em (please tell me your thoughts)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hi! I’m Elysium, here to suggest some new abilities to be added to three classes: Mage, Shaman, and Assassin.

First, I want to thank @ChrisWildfire for helping me a ton in making this thread. It wouldn’t exist without his support. Thanks a lot, ChrisWildfire, I hope your pillow stays cold the entire night.

The Idea
    Warrior and Archer have these one-cost yellow nodes that add a new mechanic to a spell. These nodes are Windy Feet and Heavy Impact. I’m not sure why only Archer and Warrior got these, but I think that the other three classes would benefit from some new abilities being added. With the help of ChrisWildfire, I made some ideas for these new nodes.

You’re probably wondering, why do we even need or want these? There are a lot of reasons for each idea, so I’m including specific examples under each ability. But generally, I think that having these abilities will add to the consistency of the tree, increase build diversity (walk speed shaman?), and help new players learn the “correct” playstyles of a class more quickly and easily. I believe also improve the classes’ viability, functionality, and uniqueness.

I’m going to start with Assassin, then Mage, and lastly Shaman.

Assassin
    fleet_of_foot.png
    So how this works is this: nothing happens immediately after you cast Dash. You only get the speed boost after you touch the ground, so you can leap away a short distance and then speed off.

Why?
    It has important uses on all archetypes.
    • Trickster gains more burst mobility for tight situations
    • Shadestepper can easily escape after backstabbing, fixing a common issue in Shadestepper’s gameplay
    • Acrobat can have more versatility and survivability while grounded. If you screw up and land on the ground, you can escape quickly.
    Dash’s movement can be lacking, and this will make it better.
    • One of Shadestepper’s biggest issues is that it’s hard to effectively retreat after you backstab your foe. Having Fleet of Foot as an option will make these attacks much easier to pull off, and more importantly, easier to escape from.
    • Early-game Assassin, before you get very defining abilities like Lacerate or Mirror Image, can be lacking in the movement side of things. Even at a high level, the fast movement from Shadow Travel is inconsistent at best. Having Fleet of Foot to help with movement would be a very useful tool.
    Also, I imagine that Shadow Travel would simply overwrite Fleet of Foot while active. Meaning, Fleet of Foot will never be triggered if Shadow Travel is triggered. So having Shadow Travel will essentially make Fleet of Foot only proc on non-vanish Dashes.
    It fits with Assassin’s philosophy.
    • The hit-and-run style of both Shadestepper and Assassin as a whole would become much more of a possibility with this ability. I’m not very meta-focused, but I can imagine lots of possibilities with this.
    It would help with evading attacks and utilizing your mobility in combat.
    • Pre-2.0, when Vanish was a spell, not an upgrade, Assassin didn’t have any issues with getting away from danger. Evading damage is a huge part of the class, but with Vanish’s new cooldown, it becomes harder to do that. Not to mention that you need to be a certain level and archetype to get it. Fleet of Foot would make avoiding dangerous attacks and getting away quickly much easier to do. Right now, all you can do is dash away, but Dash doesn’t propel you very far, and definitely not far enough to totally escape from possible threats. With this ability, you can properly escape danger and have a solid chance at evading your foes.
    • That’s just for getting out of combat, though. During combat, you can time your Dashes so that you make the most of your speed and can land some nice hits. Part of Assassin’s description on the official website is that you can “strike multiple times before the enemy even knows what hit them.” Fleet of Foot would make this ideology so much more possible and real.
    Mage
    mystic_flow.png
    This one is interesting to me. Spellspam is a pretty big part of Mage’s nature, so I tried to encourage it by making spellspamming easier to do, especially in the early game.

Note: It would have a 6 second cooldown and does not stack. So casting 4 teleports won't get you a free meteor.

Why?

It encourages spell cycling for new players.
    • I think that new players may not immediately understand the mechanics of spell costs and spell spamming and all that stuff. This ability will encourage cycling your spells with others by rewarding you for doing it right.
    It makes spell spamming easier in the early-game.

• For such a spell-focused class, Mage doesn’t have a lot of early-game options for spam potential. Sure, a level 10 player won’t be casting 736 spells per second with Gaia, but I think that making spells easier to use on a spell-heavy class is a good thing.
    It will help with survivability (a little bit)
    • If you are in a pickle, you will want to teleport out of there fast so you don’t die. With Mystic Flow, you will be able to teleport more times, more quickly.
    • You’ll also be able to teleport, have a reduced cost Heal, and then maybe teleport again to escape danger.

Shaman
    restless_spirit.png
    This one is pretty simple, so I don’t think it needs an explanation. Although, it’s worth noting that you benefit from the speed boost too, not just allies.

Why?

It’ll improve Shaman’s mobility.
    • It’s no secret that Shaman isn’t the most agile class to choose from. This won’t do too much outside of combat, when you’re traveling, but during combat, I think it will make a difference.
    It will help with positioning.
    • A very important aspect of Shaman’s gameplay is positioning. Positioning of both you and your totem. Restless Spirit will help with faster, more controllable movements.
    • You won’t have to totally rely on Haul to get somewhere quickly. Unless you have a high walk speed, the fastest option to get from place to place is Haul. And, well, that spell can be a bit… unreliable. This ability will not change Haul, but stop it from being the only option you have for movement. If you need to be in a specific place during combat, you can quickly walk over instead of using Haul.
    It will introduce more team support for all archetypes.
    • I think that more team-based abilities is a good thing for this class. Not that it’s lacking, but it would be nice to have some early-game team support abilities. Especially considering that a lower level character will have lower walk speed, this becomes ever more helpful.

The end

That’s all for this suggestion. I hope that, if you somehow managed to read all of that, you enjoyed it. Remember to vote in the poll and comment your thoughts. Thank you, and have a nice day/night!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  2. Elytry

Elytry Currently Spiralling (depression) VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This has a cap, right?

tig and Elysium_ like this.
  3. Enter34

Enter34 Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ability like these for assasin and shaman are needed, because of poor mobility of this 2 classes. The mage one is mid imo

4. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah yeah casting multiple teleports wouldn't reduce the cost by anything more

Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
  5. Waiter1986

Waiter1986 Supreme leader of delivering food CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Mage one seems insanely busted. Actually chuckled a bit that someone else thought it would be mid. I think it could work if there was a decent enough cooldown on it. Honestly the part that holds it back the most, specifically on Arcanist, is that memory recall unintionally recasting teleport is one of the most annoying things in a raid. but if that was ever changed, or you were anticipating it anyway, Mystic Flow becomes very strong

100klemonreimu and Elysium_ like this.
  6. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree! I imagined it as more of an early-game tool, but now I can see it being very powerful everywhere else, too. Being able to cast very low cost spells at almost all times would be pretty OP, especially considering that the movement spell always costs very little mana. I will add a short-ish cooldown onto the post. Thanks for your feedback!

7. Elytry

Elytry Currently Spiralling (depression) VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ty for the reply
    I liked all the abilities, I just didn't know if you could say, cast teleport 4 times to get a free meteor (or something). (Not that it would be efficient, but that's besides the point.)
    All around, love the ideas.

Elysium_ likes this.
  8. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, I can understand the confusion. I'll make a note in the post.

I'm glad you like them, thank you for your feedback!

9. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Mystic Flow's effects wouldn't stack because it would only reduce the cost of your next spell. Meaning if you cast Teleport again, the mana cost reduction would be "consumed" by that Teleport before it's replaced by another mana cost reduction.

Anyways this is epic, my guy! I'm glad I could help ya!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
    Earthbrine, Elytry and Elysium_ like this.
  10. ineedhelp

ineedhelp You need help?

Epic, again. of course

Elysium_ likes this.
  11. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    glad you like it!

ineedhelp likes this.
  12. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bumpedy bump

ChrisWildfire likes this.
  13. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bumpty dumpty

14. MaizePizza37556

MaizePizza37556 Assasin that make some ideas

Maybe im a little dumb but where those abilities would be in ability trees

15. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The circled node on the second page of the ability tree
    Screenshot (59).png

16. NerdyGamer2012

NerdyGamer2012 Skilled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    This sounds like an really good idea

Elysium_ likes this.
  17. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Glad ya like it!

18. MaizePizza37556

MaizePizza37556 Assasin that make some ideas

Only one thing what if u do an dash on ground (without going on to się)

Elysium_ likes this.
  19. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’d figure it would just give you the speed boost immediately after casting if you look straight down.

20. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bumpedy bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.