Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Music Notification

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Rafii2198, Nov 5, 2023.

Tags:
?

Should there be a notification showing the title of song that is playing?

1. Yes

15.0%
  2. Yes, but only if I can toggle it off

85.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafii2198

Rafii2198 Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    There are so many great tracks in Wynncraft OST, through ambient and quest music to boss battle themes it sounds really cool and people even made resourcepacks that enhance it using custom noteblock sounds!
    But I find that there is one small issue. If someone wants to listen to it outside of Minecraft then it is pretty hard, most if not all tracks have names, but there is no way of knowing which name is which soundtrack.

Here comes my idea: Music Notification
    Simply an advancement toast saying the currently playing track name would help with it so much! Instead of searching for “Wynncraft Theme that plays at xxx place” and potentially having a wrong result or having to search a bit deeper, now you would just search for the track's name and just have it.
    Not only that, it has 2 side effects:
    1. It makes it seem the game is more professional – music titles make it seems as they are carefully composed rather than just hearing sounds
    2. 3rd party tools like mods, for example, could easily detect which track should play and could use that information to enhance the experience by creating recreations of music that wouldn't glitch out due to lag. Not only that, but creative people could compose their own tracks that are not limited to just noteblock! I would personally love to hear what people could create - after all, we have custom instruments already.

Of course, for the convenience sake, it would also mean that /toggle musicNotification would be added for people to disable it if they don't want to see it.

I also wanted to add one more thing, but that contains SPOILERS, so if you don't want to spoil bits of content then stop reading.

Such notification also has a 3rd benefit: It can also build up on climate of situation or general theme.
    Few examples:
    1. A Journey Further – At the end of that quest you have to do something terrible yet inevitable. The music contrasts the situation and seeing that title, “What Must Be Done”, would induce the feeling of having no choice even more.
    2. The Canyon Colossus – It complements the whole build-up to the raid. During The Breaking Point quest, the entire Gavel was on the line and as such, when you get to the Colossus during the raid, you can literally witness the “Face of Extinction”.
    3. Corkus - Previous examples were about a specific moment, but Corkus is a good example of music complementing the theme of the island. It is all about machinery and freedom and, as such, titles like “All Geared Up” or “Settlements of Freedom” would help to indicate to the player what is going on.

Elytry, Elysium_ and Captain Flavio like this.
  2. Captain Flavio

Captain Flavio dead CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this is likely possible and easily implementable, the only problem would be how to make it work without having it clog up chat. otherwise this is a great suggestion imo, add poll

3. Rafii2198

Minecraft:
    I believe it is possible to display Advancement Toast with no chat messages, there are already things that display these toast like territory claims/looses and first: 1. There are no actual Advanacements on Wynncraft so these messages have to be artifially made 2. Gaining advanacements sends locatized message into the chat but that also does not happen on Wynncraft at all meaning no messages are needed to show a toast.
    I of course could be wrong but from what I can see, no chat messages are needed at all.

Elytry and Captain Flavio like this.
  4. Rafii2198

Minecraft:
    I also probably need to add that the option "Yes, but only if I can toggle it off" in the poll is very important. It doesn't mean that the feature is useless as people want to disable it, it means the feature achieved its purpose. The main point of it is to spread the knowledge about the music, but if someone plays for years or some considerable amount of time, they will probably memorize already and will not need it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.