Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Remove Profession Levels

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by err0r, Aug 16, 2023.

Tags:
?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Yes, but... (explain in comment)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  4. No, but... (explain in comment)

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. err0r

err0r wasting my time

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Remove Profession Levels and make things require combat level instead. So what currently requires level X in profession Y, should just require combat level X. It is quite an extreme change, but let me explain:

Most players currently find professions to be grindy and boring. But that's not the only problem. Imagine the following scenario: You start a new character and level you professions along with your combat level. You craft some cool items and everything is fine. Then from level 20-40, you don't level your professions for whatever reason, maybe you're just bored by the grind. Now you're level 40 and want to craft some equipment, but you can't because you would have to level your professions 20 levels, just to craft that one helmet. Because of this, you continue just progressing through the game, and the further you get, the larger the gap between combat and professions levels becomes, and the lower your motivation for doing professions gets.

That's what removing professions levels would solve. Didn't do professions for 30 levels? No problem, you can still gather materials at your level and craft that cool helmet. Professions would overall be more accessible, even for new players on their first playthrough.

"But wait, that would make professions too easy!"
    No it wouldn't. You still have to gather a while to get enough tier 2 or tier 3 materials, you need to get the ingredients for the item you want to craft, and if you want good rolls, you have to craft it multiple times.

I feel like this idea might be unpopular, but I think it would be a huge improvement to professions. Thanks if you have read this far, maybe consider voting on the poll, and if you have concerns about my idea, leave a comment. Thank you.

Elysium_ likes this.
  2. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like this. I do really wish that the last weapon tome slot didn’t require profs, if someone does not want to prof they shouldn’t be required to to maximize their damage. Same with prof level req quests, I just wanna do the quest.
    Professions should be completely separate and optional.
    Anyway,
    I think this idea could be used, with a lot of polishing. There are a lot of problems I can see.

I feel like a big issue with this idea is the Trade Market, because you can just buy the ingredients and immediately craft it, no grinding required.
    Other people can also craft items for you, but I guess doing it yourself would be easier lol.

I think that a lot of proffers like professions BECAUSE it’s so grindy. Taking away all the grind and making it easy and quick for everyone would ruin a lot of the fun for a lot of people.

I like the concept, but I don’t think it can work in Wynncraft yet.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
    Pugnico and Ninja_VK like this.
  3. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Professions need changes but this ain't it

Pugnico likes this.
  4. PenStick

PenStick Well-Known Adventurer

^