Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Obligatory post on major id for every mythic - 2.0 edition

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by EpsilonDown, Jan 23, 2023.

?

Really?

1. Most are OP

3.8%
  2. Some are OP

80.8%
  3. Most are Bad

3.8%
  4. Some are Bad

3.8%
  5. Why

7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EpsilonDown

EpsilonDown Vibing to TNA theme HERO

Minecraft:
    Tried not to focus on single archetype too much

Az - Healing Storm: Arrow storm / phantom ray will heal allies it hits. Heal: 0.3% per arrow / 1% per beam tick

Ignis - Heart of the pack: now heals 50% of your regen, and works with traps. Radius: 4 blocks + 1 block for every focus / guardian angels you have.

Divzer - Worm Holes: Escape and Grappling hook will teleport you instantly, damaging anyone in the path for 200% damage. (Hold shift to disable)

Spring - Inspiration: allies nearby you or your trap will get +12/5s mana regen. Radius: 4 blocks + 1 block for every focus / guardian angels you have.

Grandmother - Decay: Your traps / guardian angels will disappear 50% faster, but they will deal damage 50% faster.

Stratiformis - Acceleration: your arrows will have more speed and less spread depending on your current speed. Phantom Ray will get additional range.

Freedom - Freeform Art: if you cast 3 different spells in a row, get a 30% damage bonus in random element for 5 seconds.

Epoch - Endless: get +1 guardian angel / max mine placement every time you kill an enemy. Max +4, decays every 10 seconds.

Weathered - Roving Assassin: While vanished and airborne, you can attack without losing your vanish, and your mana will regenerate normally.

Grimtrap - Deathtrap: Backstab will stun enemies and make them unable to cast spells for 2 seconds.

Inferno - Burning clouds: exiting vanish will do 100% damage to nearby enemies. If you have death magnet, do 200% damage instead. Radius: 4 blocks

Cataclysm - Parallel Reality: Dealing over 100k damage in a second will summon a clone that follows you and mimics your spells. It has half of your maximium health, and 50% damage. Only 1 parallel clone can exist.

Nullification - Chromatic Shields: Whenever your certain elemental defense reduces the damage, you will get 50% damage bonus and +80% immunity in that element for 5 seconds.

Archangel - Angelic Bloom: Allies under your Jasmine bloom area of effect will get healed by 2% of your max health every 0.3 second.

Oblivion - Brainwash: Satsujin / diversion will brainwash feeble minded, making them attack their allies for 5 seconds before getting killed.

Lament - Healing Bolt: when your meteor / light orbs hits your allies, it will heal them. Heal: 5% per meteor / 1% per orb

Fatal - lightning storm: triggering Ultimate (Timelock / Chaos explosion / Sunflare) will repeatedly strike lightning up to 10 enemies around you. (Timelock/Sunflare: 1 every 0.5s, Chaos explosion: 1 for every spell recast)

Warp - Timeshift: you can hold shift and rapidly cast teleport twice to quickly teleport back and forth. This works with blink.

Gaia - Nature's Roots: Ice snake will bind enemies with nature's roots every 5 seconds. In this state, windsweeper/pyrokinesis will make them explode, dealing 300% damage. Ophanim will make them blossom, healing 5% of your maximium health. Radius: 4 blocks.

Monster - Scorched Sun: All water elemental conversions of your spells become fire. Fluid Healing will use fire damage % instead.

Singularity - Supernova: During Ultimate (Timelock / Sunflare / Chaos explosion), you get +6 attack speed tier bonus.

Quetzalcoatl - Life Bank: if your health is full, life steal will store up to 10000 health in life bank. Arcane transfer will transfer life to overflowing health.

Fantasia - Daydream: You will wear a random mask every 10 seconds, no matter what archetype you have. Shift-uproot to unequip the mask.

Absolution - Chant of Replenishment: Every 30 seconds / when you wear mask of awakened, your aura will reset all ability cooldowns of your allies in the radius.

Sunstar - Capacitor: If your main attack beams hit your totem 20 times, it will unleash an aura without costing mana.

(So with shaman's hand, you only need to fully hit it 4 times)

Hadal - Tsunami: Your aura's pull force is increased by 200%, and it will slow enemies. Mask of Coward will launch you upward if you get caught in aura.

Toxoplamosis - Weakening Toxin: Poisoned enemies will take 20% more damage from anything for 5 seconds. This effect lasts even if you change weapon.

Aftershock - Elemental Tide: Your powder special will affect all mobs inside the totem area of effect.

Olympic - Rocket Landing: Nature's Jolt will 10% more damage for every block you fall, up to 1000%.

Apocalypse - Bloodlust: when corrupted, your life steal will add damage to your next attack instead.

(Originally going to go with some heal, but that doesn't really fit apocalypse)

Alkatraz - Soul Eater: war scream will activate intoxicated blood no matter what archetype you have, giving 5% damage bonus per kill instead of healing.

Idol - Riptide: Flying kick no longer stops your momentum, and pulls enemies instead.

Thrundacrack - Intercloud Lightning: if you and your enemy is both airborne, do 30% more thunder and water damage.

Convergence - Limit: as you get lose more health or enemy has more discombobulate stack, you are more likely to do maximium damage of your weapon.

Warchief - Fury: get +50% walk speed bonus if there is an enemy with more than 1 million health in 20 block radius.

Stardew - Celestial Madness: after casting a spell, you have 33% chance to cast any spell with same click combo.

Galleon - Abyssal Strike: every second you have NOT jumped or used movement spells, you get +1% damage bonus. (Max 100%)

Resurgence - Renewal: If you haven't damaged enemies in 4 seconds, your next attack will fill your charge twice as much. (focus, blood pool, mana bank, etc)

Boreal - Frozen Heart: spending mana will make you regenerate faster. Bonus: 1% per mana spent in a second, max 200%. (Works like concentration)

Slayer - Bounty Hunter: Picking up emeralds will give you 20% damage bonus for 5 seconds.

Moontower - Lunacy: your ultimate ability lasts 50% longer. (Timelocked, Crepuscular Ray, Blood Sorrow, etc)

Dawnbreak - Armor Shatter: enemies who got hit with your main attack will take 50% more damage for a single hit for 1 second.

Revenant - Soul Travel: after using 2nd spell, you have 100% chance to dodge a single attack for 1 seconds. (Cooldown: 5s)

Discoverer - Touch Grass: logs you off game automatically after you've looted 100 chests.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  2. lemonalade

lemonalade [insert misinformation here] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You certainly have my vote

Hansel, Stag2001, starx280 and 2 others like this.
  3. AlanGreyson

AlanGreyson WynnArtist VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lmao I love this one

Hansel likes this.
  4. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    oh yes dscoverer is great.

i would like to say that most ofnthese look great and would work well, just can we make cataclysm do the thing that people suggested a few months ago: riftmaker, spin attack becomes one powerful instant spin

and also weathered encourages multiclassing i suppose and i agree just might be a little hard to use.

please dont encourage the admins to keep death magnet...

also some of these, like nulli, oblivion, cataclysm (although riftmaker solves this), freedom, needs cooldowns

lament might be a bit too powerful if you can heal yourself with meteor, but you cant right?

warp - so basically recall? or sort of like a phase attack

ok maybe not 10k health for life bank...

fantasia could be annoying... and maybe a bit too strong? possibly weaken the mask effects

maybe elemental tide is a bit too strong, all enemies could get affected by half power?

um maybe give alkatraz a cooldown and cap

also revenant and dawnbreak a bit strong

5. En1gmatic

En1gmatic Skilled Adventurer

This is preceding my full response, but, for the most part, don't lock weapons into single archetypes; it's interesting to get to use unconventional archetypes with weapons typically used with other archetypes (by your suggestions, Ignis doesn't work with Trapper really anymore, for example).

@Mardeknius you should be the one defending cursed builds

shacers and BrokenRealities like this.
  6. En1gmatic

En1gmatic Skilled Adventurer

I'm going to tackle these one at a time.

I'm going to preface this by saying that I like the idea of adding a unique MID to each Mythic; it makes them more interesting, and, well, unique.
    Novel idea, I like it! This item is a little ehhhh as is, and this wouldn't be that powerful, so it'd be a nice little touch.

Add "traps" to the list of things which can increase the radius and I'm down for this one; it's not much different from the already existing one.

I mean, sure, why not; it doesn't really make the item more powerful, so this seems cool

Please make this more powerful somehow. Spring is pretty awful. Maybe something like "you and everyone around you gets a 10% mana boost", because we all know Spring needs a buff, and this isn't really buffing the user; any Spring user will need a MID which benefits them (it could also benefit allies, but that's not entirely necessary).

Oh, hey, look, it's Panic Zealot!
    In all seriousness, this item is already quite powerful and this would be a big buff. It might not seem like much, but think about it; traps and guardian angels would still only require casting every few seconds, but now they'd do double damage (that could hit some 70k dps from Angels alone).
    Also, make this one Sharpshooter compatible somehow.

Hell yeah! Strati needs a buff, and this is a cool idea. While this might even be too powerful, but hopefully not.

Freedom . . . doesn't really need a buff. This just feels like "Generalist + Concentration", and wouldn't make the item much more interesting. I can't think of any interesting MIDs for this item, because, well, it's already really quite powerful.

I'm a fan of Epoch spell; this seems like a cool idea.
    [EDIT]
    Wait, sorry, I'm back, because I just noticed a small problem.
    You could get a lot of bonus Guardian Angel damage (like, 60k dps, or similar, most likely) by killing low-health mobs. If this were "per damage dealt" instead of "per enemy killed", I might be more supportive of it.

Vanished AND airborne?! This is a really niche MID . . . I feel like it wouldn't be that useful (although Acrostepper would become pretty powerful), but Weathered is powerful enough without the MID that I feel like this would be a fine change. I'm alright with the current MID, but this one's cool too.

Yeah, no.
    Grimtrap is not powerful. I don't need to be the one to tell you this (oh man if it got good I'm about to look quite stupid). This not only locks Grimtrap into Shadestepper, but also lets you spam Backstab in order to completely stunlock an enemy. This would mean that for ONE and ONLY ONE archetype, Grimtrap would be absolutely broken. Honestly, giving Grimtrap Cherry Bombs would be fine (I'm not a huge fan of this idea, but I do prefer it to Deathtrap).

I mean, ok.
    I'm neutral on this one; it doesn't seem awesome, but it doesn't seem bad, so I'm fine with it.

I . . . what?
    Please, for the love of all that is holy, do not implement this.
    I thought Deathtrap was broken; this is INSANITY! Getting 230k dps (a thing I've seen Cata users do), you would be able to bump that up to 460k. Also, if I'm not getting this wrong, it could MAKE MOBS AGGRESSIVE TOWARD IT?! (I think this because of the "maximum health" thing)
    Please do not double Cata users' dps.
    If I were to try to make a MID for this thing, I could do something like "Dash now teleports you instantly", because of the whole thing where Cata opens rifts in reality.

These MIDs switch between "not powerful enough" and "broken asf".
    This one falls in the second category.

Personally, I'd make the MID something like Absorb Elements from Dungeons & Dragons; "Getting hit by an elemental attack increases your next attack's damage by 10%, and the damage is all converted to that element".

I'm against single-archetype MIDs, but Archangel needs all the help it can get. Maybe something like "while in smoke bomb you get healed 2% of your max health every 0.3 seconds", because this thing really needs a buff.

This is one of those aforementioned "broken asf" abilities; Oblivion is already very powerful, and FIVE SECONDS of complete immunity from a mob is a bit much.
    [EDIT]
    Oh, Feeble-Minded. I see. I'm still not a huge fan, but this one's alright. I'd personally prefer something like "main attack doesn't make you leave Vanish", but this is fine.

Lament does not need more healing. Ideally, a MID for it would boost damage. I can't really think of any interesting ones off the top of my head, but if something cool pops up, I'll write it down.

Sure! Why not? It might be a bit powerful, but it's not too broken.

This sits uneasily with me, but I can't think of any problems I can put into words, so I'm all good with it.

Yes! Please make Gaia spell-viable! Alternatively, if one is insistent upon using Gaia for melee, something like "your melee is now an orb that shoots out from you and then comes back [similar to how Ophanim is animated, but with the return trip also doing damage]." (This would be useful for the double damage the orb would deal, because it would deal damage while coming back as well.)

I really don't know Monster that well, but this MID seems interesting, so I'm all for it.

Honestly, I like this; it means that Singu melee might come back (I guess it would really be Hybrid.)

Giving Arcanist Heal? Sure! This seems like a useful MID for a pretty bad item.
    [EDIT]
    Riiiiight, this is only viable with one archetype. I guess the life bank could boost damage or something . . . it would have to be made not too broken.

Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope. This would effectively make Ritualist useless, as other archetypes would get the masks for free. It could be something like "you will wear a random mask you have unlocked", but that's Ritualist-only. I'd personally be a fan of giving this thing Madness; real Madness, not the fake 2.0 version (why did they change it?!)

Again, this only works with one archetype; I'm not too well-versed in Shaman, so if there are other Ultimates, this would be cool with those.

This falls on the "totally insignificant" side of things. An interesting idea would be to have this essentially use Chaos Explosion; "If your main attack beams hit your totem 15 times, it will cast the last 3 spells you cast, free of cost". This item does need a buff, so this would be a decent choice.

Why not just "your aura's pull force is increased by 200%"? That seems like a reasonable idea, and not archetype-specific.

The issue with this one is that it makes Toxo strictly a secondary weapon. It could grant this effect as long as you're holding the weapon, effectively making it give allies a damage boost instead of acting as a secondary to get damage by yourself.

Sure - nothing too special about this one, but then again, nothing's too special about Aftershock, so this seems like a fine idea.

I mean, alright; I don't really see how this would be useful in average combat, but it's a funny idea.

Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. This is exactly the sort of buff Apoc needs.

At first, I thought this was ridiculous, but you can't actually get that huge of a damage boost from it, plus Alka spell is jank anyway.

Sure - not too broken, seems fun.

It's a bit bonk-centric, but I like the idea.

Ooh! Now THIS one I really like! This is actually a really cool and unique idea which would remove some rng from the game and I'll take every chance for that I can get!

I like it! Funky Warchief buff, good for singular bosses.
    [EDIT]
    If you have to stay within 10 blocks of the boss, the walk speed buff isn't that useful . . . maybe expand the radius to 15 blocks.

This is just budget Madness ...

... still, I think it's cool

I really want to see how this would be used effectively; I'm curious enough about how this would be played that I'll let it slide, despite it probably being broken.

This makes sense for Resu, and it's an interesting idea.

I'm down for a Boreal buff.

This probably wouldn't be too broken, but it'd have to be tested and potentially nerfed.

I like this one so much that I'm going to ignore how insanely broken it would probably be. I'm a sucker for MIDs that interact with the length of ultimates, I guess.

Dawnbreak needs more use seen in spell builds anyway (as well as a hefty price increase), so this seems pretty fitting (probably would be insanely broken, though).

Please don't.
    Like, yes, Revenant needs a buff, but this is a bit much.
    How about "For 1 second after using 4th spell, you have +20 strength and +50 agility" or something along those lines.

Yes, please. Maybe have it turn off your internet as well.

7. EpsilonDown

EpsilonDown Vibing to TNA theme HERO

Minecraft:
    Edited some.
    Dawnbreak, Revenant - only activates for a single hit now, original intention was that
    Grandmother, Cataclysm nerfed down - would be still powerful though
    Ignis, Spring - now works with traps

I agree this seems really cool idea

And yes major ids should lock archetypes, but some weapons are already overwhelmingly used in one archetype it doesn't really matter

8. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

For the weapons, everything looks solid except for Quetzalcoatl. I feel like a movement Ability would be better for it since it’s already great in damage and health sustain.
    Now for the boots. 3 of these are multiplicative damage boosts, which would make them really powerful. Also moontower is really op. Additionally where’s crusade sabatons?

9. Hansel

Hansel A Traveler HERO

Minecraft:
    +1

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.