Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Accurate Profession XP Curve + Axe Inaccuracy

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ShadowShift, Jan 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowShift

ShadowShift «Probably proffing» Staff Member Moderator QA CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello!
    Over the past month I have been working with other members of the prof community on generating an accurate xp curve.

The reason we had to do this ourselves is because we were told by Salted that the curve we currently have (the xp curve as of 1.18) is already accurate, even though it had been changed in 1.20. The old gathering xp data was pulled from this post and the new data was collected manually.

Accurate XP Curve:
    The method to this involved gathering xp from a profession until 99% to the next level, and then equipping a crafted armor set with a -99% gathering xp bonus. From here, I gathered with 1 xp per node until I leveled up.

The armor set in question

Inbetween each node, I wrote down the amount of xp per node, the percent towards the next level shown above the node, and lastly checked the axe in the compass menu and wrote down the percent there for the profession in question.

This data has been sped up a lot due to a mod made by @Kilie2001. Instead of having to quickly write down the xp shown by the node, it printed it as a message in chat + put the data in a spreadsheet so I could go back through it later.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This table shows the difference between the collected data and the old data we had, as well as the percent difference between the two. The increase in % difference can be explained by the 1.20 changelog under Misc. Changes and Bug Fixes:
    However, we have not gotten an updated xp curve since this change even though every time combat xp curve changes we get a new values for it. If we could get an updated list of values for levels 1-132 that would be amazing.

Axe Profession Percent Inaccuracy:

The Axe has been displaying wrong xp percent values for quite a while now.
    [​IMG]
    This image as an example shows that the axe displays around 90% of what the actual value is.
    When I made a constructive feedback post about this, I was told it was an API issue so if that could be fixed too that would be great.

EDIT:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  2. GleoLP

GleoLP Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    If that is true. I would like all new numbers till 132 so I can update my giagachad spreadsheet.

https://imgur.com/XuqP81O
    This sheet is only available in the Profdiscord pinned in #prof_help

starx280 and KiliE2001 like this.
  3. FireHeart27

FireHeart27 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Whale whale whale salted, what's all this goofing about you've been doing

Crokee, Dream, starx280 and 2 others like this.
  4. ShadowShift

ShadowShift «Probably proffing» Staff Member Moderator QA CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright we have now gotten an update on the profession xp values.
    (level 52 specifically is an outlier for whatever reason. gonna test that on another profession at some point).

I updated the spreadsheet to match the new data. It is pretty likely that this is accurate now.

Just to note, I am still going to work on the spreadsheet more to verify this data as well as finish up with the other 5 questions I was working on (although the axe % being inaccurate is already pretty apparent) What I am still going to be calculating:
    • displayed axe xp
    • gathering success rate at different levels
    • whether xp is reduced with an unsuccessful gather
    • average xp per node (for the resource in the level range)
    • does xp decay happens immediately (the level after you unlock the resource) and if not, what level does it start becoming noticeable
    Right now, we have assumed answers for all of these but nothing concrete so ill be back eventually with stuff for this.

Crokee, Druser and Monkey_Suit like this.
  5. Crokee

Crokee Nudist poking eyes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i cant believe you didnt paste the raw values by itself i am shaking and crying rn this is so important

Attached Files:

Druser and ShadowShift like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.