Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Slightly Improved Bank Inventory

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by ring0ff1re, Nov 14, 2022.

?

Rate My Idea Please :)

1. I like everything said here

83.3%
  2. I only like the first three points (E, C, F).

5.6%
  3. I only like the last two points (B, A).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Your ideas suck

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ring0ff1re

ring0ff1re Well-Known Adventurer

The current bank inventory is shown below.

upload_2022-11-13_23-35-50.png

It has 6 x 7 slots (currently holding potions), a column for page jumping/skipping (the seemingly empty column), and a column for single-page moving (the green arrows) and fast inventory storage (the two chests).

My suggestion is to implement a new, larger 6 x 8 bank inventory that also retains similar functionality as the current, shown below.

upload_2022-11-13_23-36-13.png

My improvements are as follows (refer to the image above)

Point E: The 8th column from the current bank has been moved over to the 9th, providing an extra column or six slots of space to use. Note, there are 4 armor types, 4 accessory types, 8 normal dungeons - eight columns is a better number than seven. Much easier to organize.

Point C: Instead of two green forward and backward arrow icons in the 9th column and INVISIBLE skipping buttons in the 8th (why are they invisible? I only learned of this by accidentally clicking on them and something unexpected happened), use one green forward arrow upload_2022-11-14_0-40-17.png and four grey forward arrow icons upload_2022-11-13_23-36-58.png in the 9th column (which is overlayed over a upload_2022-11-13_23-37-45.png colored background, as opposed to the upload_2022-11-13_23-37-17.png background that the green button is currently in).
    Clicking on the green arrow will cycle through at most five pages. The green button at Point D is currently at row 2, which represents it is cycling through pages (6-10).
    Initially clicking on the grey arrow at Point C in row 1 will move you to page 1. The grey arrow in row 1 will turn green and the green arrow which was originally in row 2 turns grey. Continuous left-clicking the green arrow will cycle through pages (1-5). Clicking on the grey arrow in row 2 brings you to page 6 and the arrow turns green. Continuous left-clicking the green arrow will cycle through pages (6-10). The arrow below will turn green when clicked on, move you to the initial page, and cycle through pages (11-15), etc.

While left-clicking goes forwards, either right-clicking or shift left-clicking (not both) can go backwards. This instruction can be displayed while hovering over the arrow like how upload_2022-11-13_23-39-12.png currently is now.

Point F: Instead of two chests representing Fast Storage, just combine them into one. Hovering over it now gives you upload_2022-11-13_23-43-1.png , but the green words could be changed to
    Double-Click to dump, except hotbar
    Right-Click to dump everything

Shift-Click to quick stash items, if possible, into existing non-full stacks in your bank

Point B: When that pencil-like icon is hovered over, upload_2022-11-13_23-59-17.png pops up. When clicked on, this text box upload_2022-11-13_23-55-39.png pops up so you can rename the page. That icon and its functionality is already on Wynntils, so it is possible to do. Honestly it can be any icon.

Point A: Ok here's my original idea. Have wtv icon be at Point A, which displays Change current page order from (1-21) when hovered over. When clicked on, the same text box above pops up. The user is to input any number from (1-21) inclusive (entering anything else does nothing). Say you enter the number 5, then the page is moved behind the current page five, and every page above it gets shifted up. This is to allow for easy reordering of pages, cause is a hassle to move individual items.

Conclusion

Everything here is implementable. Like, other than Point A, everything else should be pretty darn easy to code up. Key-binding, icon changing, text box entry inputs - they're simple imo this idea makes organizing sooo much easier.
    I don't know how Wynncraft's multi-page bank organizes their items. If each page is its own object, then Point A should be easy to do. It doesn't even have to be that efficient to move a single item in a list since there's only 21 pages. On the other hand, if the entire bank is one long list of every item, then some extra math needs to be done to move 6x7=42 consecutive slots around, but even this ain't the worst problem to solve.

2. AlanGreyson

AlanGreyson WynnArtist VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a really good idea. I love how you make a visual presentation for an easier understanding. I support your idea and hope the admins will implement it ´⁠◔⁠‿⁠ゝ⁠◔⁠`):thumbsup:

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  3. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    yes absolutely igneious, more space would be awesome lol

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  4. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    FAX FAX FAX. FIX THE LACK OF STORAGE

As someone with 21 pages on 2 accounts, 74 guild tomes, class builder, ex-loot runner, collector, the list goes on... I NEED MORE SPACE. Why can't we just have infinite storage on housing :weary:

FelixTape, Ziemexx, Sar and 3 others like this.
  5. Aemoor

Aemoor Travelled Adventurer

or just more pages lol same thing but simpler

6. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    also make the pages like 10 le tops near the end having to pay well over 5 stacks of le is absurd for slightly more space to store items.

luckeyLuuk and That_Chudley like this.
  7. Ziemexx

Ziemexx Skill issued VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also please add separate bank space for materials and ingredients as those take up tons of space in my case

8. Lousyre

Lousyre Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think you can implement the page renaming feature in vanilla.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.