Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Large-Scale Visual Overhaul to Items

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Spaghetti Man, Sep 12, 2022.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. it's great

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. it's nice

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. eh

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  4. no you suck ass

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spaghetti Man

Spaghetti Man The Spaghetti Man CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    So, one of the best aspects of Wynncraft is just how far it shies away from vanilla Minecraft, to the point that almost every single mechanic in vanilla Minecraft is removed, reworked, or completely replaced in Wynncraft.
    One example of this is the models for weapons, among other things. The weapon models in Wynncraft look absolutely gorgeous, but while this weapon model system is absolutely amazing, it does have one problem: they're so good that whenever an item uses a default model, it looks much more bland by comparison.

I think that it would be awesome if there were an absolutely massive visual update to Wynncraft that added an extreme amount of new models for every item that currently only uses a default model (such as all armors and normal/crafted weapons). This massive visual overhaul I thought of would amount to literally hundreds of new models.
    So, here's my idea of every single type of new item model that could be added:

New Models:
    • For crafted items, new models based on the material used and quality of those materials. Every single material you can craft with would have a different item model. Additionally, there would also be 15 very slight variations in every craftable item model that show different levels of "cleanness" to somewhat illustrate the craftmanship of the player. This would be based on the tier of the materials and ingredients used to craft it.
      So, a basic Dernic bow crafted with 6 Dernic Wood
      [☆☆], 12 Dernic String [☆☆], and no ingredients would look kinda cracked and amateurish while a bow crafted with 6 Dernic Wood [☆☆], 12 Dernic String [☆☆], and 6 [☆☆☆] ingredients would look clean and fine-tuned.
      For a full table on how exactly this would work with different material and ingredient combinations, see "Quality of Crafted Items" below.

• For Normal-rarity items; similar to what I said for crafted items, a new model for every single one, based on the material as well as the quality.
      For example; for bows, all the Oak bows would all look almost the same, but every higher-level version looks a little bit "cleaner" and more well-tuned than the last (so the starting Oak Bow would look mainly the same as an Impeccable Light Oak Bow, but not nearly as clean-looking as the latter).
      In the case of Normal items that have craftable variants (such as the aforementioned Oak Bows), then they can reuse models from those crafted version to save some time rather than making two completely different models for the same weapon material.

• For Unique, Rare, and Legendary armors, they would have several new models, based on the the element they most closely associate with and their rarity. This would be exactly the same as how the current weapon models work: for every element, there are 3 models of different sizes, with Uniques being the smallest, Rares being bigger than Uniques, and Legendaries being the biggest and most powerful-looking.
      For a reference on how this would look, you can go to the class selection screen, click "Edit Classes", then left click on one of your classes to see the icons of the element-based models of Unique and higher-tier weapons.

• For Fabled and Mythic items, they would have completely new models that are more unique-looking to reflect their lore in some way. Kinda like Destiny Exotics.

• For Set items, they would have new models based on the theme of their sets. For example, the Leaf Set would have leaf-themed armor, the Snow Set would be fluffier and softer-looking, and the Morph Set would look very melty and plasticky. Of course, these would not need to look nearly as cool as the Fabled and Mythic items, but it would still be awesome to have cool designs for your favorite armor sets.

Quality of Crafted Items:
    • As stated before, crafted weapons would have multiple models for each material based on the quality of the materials used. The tiers of "cleanness" go as follows with I looking the most shoddy and amateurish and XV looking the most clean and fine-tuned. These tiers depend on the combination of 2 materials and 0-6 ingredients used to craft the item.
    1. Tier I: One or both materials used are [☆☆] and all ingredients used (if any) are [☆☆☆].
    2. Tier II: One or both materials used are [☆☆] and at least one ingredient used is [☆☆].
    3. Tier III: One or both materials used are [☆☆] and at least one ingredient used is [☆☆].
    4. Tier IV: One or both materials used are [☆☆], at least 2 ingredients are used, and at least one ingredient used is [☆☆☆].
    5. Tier V: One or both materials used are [☆☆], at least 2 ingredients are used, and all ingredients used are [☆☆☆].
    6. Tier VI: One material used is [] and the other is [] or [☆☆] and all ingredients used (if any) are [☆☆☆].
    7. Tier VII: One material used is [] and the other is [] or [☆☆] and at least one ingredient used is [☆☆].
    8. Tier VIII: One material used is [] and the other is [] or [☆☆] and at least one ingredient used is [☆☆].
    9. Tier IX: One material used is [] and the other is [] or [☆☆], at least 2 ingredients are used, and at least one ingredient used is [☆☆☆].
    10. Tier X: One material used is [] and the other is [] or [☆☆], at least 2 ingredients are used, and all ingredients used are [☆☆☆].
    11. Tier XI: Both materials used are [☆☆] and all ingredients used (if any) are [☆☆☆].
    12. Tier XII: Both materials used are [☆☆] and at least one ingredient used is [☆☆].
    13. Tier XIII: Both materials used are [☆☆] and at least one ingredient used is [☆☆].
    14. Tier XIV: Both materials used are [☆☆], at least 2 ingredients are used, and at least one ingredient used is [☆☆☆].
    15. Tier XV: Both materials used are [☆☆], at least 2 ingredients are used, and all ingredients used are [☆☆☆].

Ending Thoughts:
    Before anyone says it; yes, I do realize that having 15 different models for each individual material on each and every type of crafted item would equal a massive amount of models. That is to say, literally thousands of new models. So to do the math here, just for all types of crafted bows alone, that would amount to 180 new models. Add that with the other 4 types of craftable weapons, and that would total 720 just for all the craftable weapons. Then add that with all the craftable armors and accessories, and that would equal a grand total of 1980 models. And that's just for the craftable items. Now, granted, in reality it's actually more like 132 models total for all crafted items, and each one just has 15 slightly different textures. But that's still a ton of work to do for a visual update.

Ordinarily, I would expect a visual overhaul like this to be a complete and utter impossibility. A pipe dream that would never happen in a million years.
    However, this isn't the lazy Destiny or WoW development teams we're talking about, this is the Wynncraft team, and such impossible tasks have never stopped the team from expanding the scope of Wynncraft in the past. Wynncraft 2.0's ability tree seems like it should be a complete impossibility from a design standpoint, but that didn't stop them from making it work, let alone making it into quite possibly one of the best skill tree systems seen in decades. I think that the insane and unbelievable updates like this one are exactly what Wynncraft is famous for, and something like this is definitely a possibility in the future.

This is a bit of a tangent, but the Wynncraft team does have this habit of adding features that I think about before I even have a chance to post a suggestion about it, like they can read my mind or something. The whole 2.0 ability tree was something I considered making a post for a week before the update was announced. And a long time before that, I had an idea of having a Runescape-style economy system, and they put that in too. Frankly its actually pretty terrifying.

Anyways, thanks for reading to the end. I appreciate any feedback, so let me know what you guys think :)

2. SuperTheFlugel

SuperTheFlugel Battle Monk Enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Armors cant be modeled in minecraft(except helmets), at least in vinilla which wynncraft will be staying in. Also as much as I would love these changes I dont see them being added unless its for skins for an event sine this takes alot of work and and skins usually only get made for festivals to make money for the server.

Daktota likes this.
  3. TheLMiffy1111

TheLMiffy1111 Previous Leader Of A Revived Wynn Community CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    please change the font color

4. Rythew

Rythew There is no war inside the Fruman Walls

Minecraft:
    Black text on the forums is the bane of my existence. As for the suggestion, cool, but unnecessary. It would take alot if effort, kinda confusing. The crafted item skins should probably just add up the amount of stars on every ing/mat and apply a skin. On the normal items, they're fine, no need for legendary/mythic skins, they would look over the top considering how detailed the current models are.

lemonalade and Dr Zed like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.