Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Dieties/gods Idk A Name Lol

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Bixlo, Jun 11, 2021.

?

Cool idea?

1. Yeah

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Not rlly

18 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Id change this...

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bixlo

Bixlo Got drip like pablo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok. This is a bit harder of a concept to make since i dont wanna suggest adding "Gods" but I would like to see "Gods" (that made no sence)

Basically in other games/ DnD you can pledge an Allegance to a god/deity and gain perks from it. My idea is to use already existsing things to make this.

Pledging alecance to the "Light god" will give your bonus xp (like 15%) in areas held by light (light forest realm of light etc)
    Allegance to Dern gives xp to SE
    corruption in the corrupt areas etc

This would be semi neat and give another feature for players to customize with. Also is fun for the RP ppl who wanna fight for the diffrent sides etc. I dont actually see this getting added since the CT have much more important things to add. I just wanna see what other ppl think.

Also you can leave a "god" but it costs 2sp and has a cooldown of 1 day before you can join another (like guilds)

Tell me what you think/would change or add

edit: no buffs since thats not needed

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  2. chiefkeefsssosa

chiefkeefsssosa Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    These small perks already come in the form of tomes and territory boosts

cmosier, 99loulou999 and Xeabia like this.
  3. Sir_Doomed

Sir_Doomed Can't think of anything to put here

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You forgot the bovemists, you dare incur the wrath of the great cow overlord!

4. yy8erig

yy8erig yy8erig

Guild:
    b o v e m i s t s or also known as c o w g o d p r a i s i n g p e o p l e

5. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i think people would just have minecraft cult wars if this were added

MlecznyHuxel99 and Bixlo like this.
  6. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Gods are a cool concept and I'd love for Wynncraft lore to have less vague "mythology" but another miscellaneous buff doesn't seem like the best way to do it - as chiefkeefssosa stated, we have a bunch of small buffs players can get already.

JaydonTheWarrior and Bixlo like this.
  7. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    So almost every endgame player would be alligned to Dern...

System like this wouldn't be choose-what-you-want-to-be but get-best-buff

Otherwise this could be really interesting

Bwitty03, dr_carlos and Bixlo like this.
  8. Bixlo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yall have a fair point. im not sure what ppl should gain from allegence but im not a CT lol

9. alexphilgab

alexphilgab The Godsent CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    something like this but not your actual suggestion could be interesting

Bixlo and dr_carlos like this.
  10. Sir_Doomed

Sir_Doomed Can't think of anything to put here

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why does this feel like it will end up becoming the horde/alliance system from World of Warcraft?

Eventual someone will suggest that PvP is enabled between different factions, so I'm heading it off here; Wynncraft should not be a game with PvP as a major part of it, as the system was never intended for common PvP

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Bixlo likes this.
  11. Xeabia

Xeabia A creative mind who's clumsy as heck HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hmm, as a person who likes playing Cleric archetypes and has played as a Cleric and Paladin for D&D, I'd give a big no for this one. The thing is with D&D, is that you have about 100 gods to pick from, and you RP for how they affect you, your beliefs, your actions/characters, etc. For Wynn, since your character is a blank slate, I feel like there's not much RP to it. Wynncraft is a weird as far as RP freedom goes, since you don't really talk, unless ya want to RP with friends, but in game, since you don't really talk, respond, it feels like it would just be there. It would just feel like another stat modifier thing which I feel like Wynn doesn't really need at this point, as chiefkeefsssosa pointed out with Tomes. If it's only stat changes, and nothing else like modifying spells with different visuals to show your devotion to said Deity, then it's just eh. It adds nothing to the game, and is inefficient for RP purposes.

Now, that's not to say the idea of worshiping a Deity in Wynncraft can't be done, and it could give some nice flavor text into the affiliation of a side. It's just, I feel like worshipping a Deity should just have more than just stat boosts and is a bit wonky within the world and character provided in Wynncraft.

Sir_Doomed likes this.
  12. DaCorruption

DaCorruption Serves Dern.

Minecraft:
    i see no downside

13. Bixlo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah ok so no xp buff. but then what should you get for joining a diety? like a cool chat tag or smthn?

14. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There are too few actual gods. Sure, there are muiltiple things people whorship as gods, but connically there is only two actual gods.
    You end up in a situation where you just pick between the two, and really, they aren't that interesting to pick between.
    You have one white boy, who doesn't really care about people, but he isn't inadvertily killing everyone vs. Black boy, who still doesn't care about us, but is getting us killed.

Plus, it just doesn't work with the story, we are working for the light, at least after tap root being able to pick sides after that doesn't make sense.
    I do feel like Wynncraft needs to flesh out it's cultures, beleifs, and relgions more, beyond "HaHA cOw GOd FunNy."
    I don't think that should involve some kind of faction system at all.

Bixlo likes this.
  15. strikeflame5356

strikeflame5356 what do I write here VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel like the game should give the player more choices, since right now you pretty much just do what the quest book tells you to do. Adding something like this would definitely require some changes to the story, but I think it'd be a good idea if they added it.

As for fleshing out more religions, this really is something they need to do. Both bovemism and lunacy are pretty mysterious currently. Bovemism seems to be a joke about furries and PETA or something like that, which doesn't explain why it's one of the most widespread religions in wynncraft, and lunacy, or people who worship the moon, is even more mysterious. They seem to just be a bunch of cynical depressed people who are mad about the war of the realms or something if we look at the lore on moontower, and they might have some connection to the void, but they remain incredibly mysterious. They should really let us know more about why bovemism is so popular, why some people hate it so much, and what it stands for, since like you said, right now it's basically just "haha cow god funny"

Bixlo likes this.
  16. Quint

Quint least estrogenated scripter HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    wait did entia get retconned?

strikeflame5356 likes this.
  17. Bixlo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Would b neat if other “gods” were added to give more areas depth. The Pharaoh was considered a god in almujs area. I’m sure there’s some sort of sea god. I bet there are plenty of cool religions and cults that could b added for players to interact with more

strikeflame5356 likes this.
  18. PopePurpleTTV

PopePurpleTTV *:^)=Immortal=(^:* Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    All Gods give same buffs and level up to improve and add more as the players does task/missions/meet certain flags which can be different for each God, but all end up in the same place. Then it's just picking your version of sweet sweet edge. But this idea could be pretty memey and I like it.

Bixlo likes this.
  19. Xytun

Xytun Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    We already have many ways of obtaining buffs, but lore-wise I like this idea.

20. EvanOrizam

EvanOrizam Just your average Fruman supersoldier. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think the allegiance system would be cooler nation-wise, like helping on wars like the Avos oñwar or smth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.