Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Happiness System

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Ashadow, Jul 17, 2021.

?

Good idea

1. Yes, I would like this

2. Yes, with some changes (post a comment)

3. No, I don't like this idea or think it is not possible (explain in the comments

4. Maybe?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashadow

Ashadow Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    So I wanted to think of some extra content in regions the player has already explored, so that they might explore further or return to the region. I also see a lot of people saying that NPC's should be re-used after a quest has been completed.

My solution:
    Give each town or region a happiness rating that can go up by doing fetch quests for NPC's. Every NPC in the region (or city) that is not currently used or for which their quest has been completed will ask the player for one or multiple items. These items could be multiple ingredients, armor, weapons or some other hard to find item. Giving the NPC the item they have asked for will make them happy and the overall happiness of the region (or city) will increase. when the amount of happiness a region (or city) reaches a certain level it could give the player bonusses in that region like more xp gained or stat bonusses.

If it would be more endgame content, NPC's might ask for items that are not located in the area they are in. So for a NPC in Nesaak, you might have to get some ingredients from the Molten heights or for a villager in Olux you might have to get boots from Corkus.

- Ingredients
    - Armor pieces
    - Weapons
    - Items that can be bought from merchants. This might make some NPC that sell useless stuff useful.
    - Items gained from dungeons or bosses, giving more of an incentive to do boss altars and getting dungeon rewards.
    - Items that are needed for quest, but might spawn in multitudes like the coral of Nelfors or Maro's Eye Jewel, causing you to return to a region.
    - Items given to them by another NPC. You might have to deliver a letter or give back something they loaned. (I love the quest from the bottom up if you have not noticed).
    -Crafted items
    - New hidden and hard to find items like secret discoveries or inside secret discoveries. this might fill up the map more and cause you to explore every cave.
    - Certain level of crafting materials
    And any other ideas

Multiple rewards could be given when different percentages of happiness are reached
    - Bonus combat or gathering xp in the region
    - A certain amount of dungeon keys
    - A weapon or a piece of armor
    - Higher speed (could be out of combat/travel speed) in the region
    - Higher gathering speed
    - Tools work better in the region or cost less durability
    -Boost to skill points
    -Boost to other statistics like mana, health or soul point regen or damage etc
    And any other ideas

If you have an change, addition or any constructive criticism please leave a comment

creature, That_Chudley and AlleonVera like this.
  2. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi maybe tell me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would say this is ok-ish. I kind of like the idea of getting buffs, but I definitely think what they should ask for should be changed, mainly the Items that can be asked for.

Say an NPC wants a good item that is commonly used in builds, I'm going to use Cluster as an example, you would want to keep Cluster, and not use it for the Happiness stuff. I think instead they should ask for Normal rarity items instead of any item altogether.

And while it would be cool to have some sort of buff in each region, it just feels really out-of-place to me for people who were in quests to ask you for extra stuff after the quest is finished. Not to mention the fact that after a certain level, some areas become useless, I'm going to use Nesaak as an example, so if somebody in Nesaak asks you to get items from Corkus to get a buff in Nesaak, it would not be effective at all, since you would not visit Nesaak as much after Lv. 75.

Ninja_VK likes this.
  3. I_Liek_Turtlez

I_Liek_Turtlez hi i play hic CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How are nesaak and olux endgame regions, they’re lvl 40-50??

4. Je Hooft

Je Hooft No Longer Hardlocked on A Hunter's Calling HERO

Minecraft:
    So basically like WoW reputation?

It would be cool if you could get special legendary/fabled items for each town when you reach a high enough reputation. Though, I think the quests shouldn't only be fetch quests. Maybe a new type of quest should be added called "reputation quests" that are more than mini-quests but not quite as big as main quests. They would reward little xp, but in exchange they'll give money and reputation. Perhaps some of them could be repeatable.

The quests would involve puzzles or trading too, but only have 3 stages max. Maybe you have to free some people trapped in a wolf cave in Nesaak or treat Elkurn to mushroom stew. It would be grindy, but since you level so fast in early game areas, any rewards you get will be obselete very soon. So I guess it should only get really grindy near the later levels.

5. Xytun

Xytun Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I think this could be good, with reputation instead of happiness. Maybe allow npc's to give minor rewards for helping them, and make the difficulty of npc quests based on the area they are in. Moreover. maybe these quests don't show up in the quest book but rather with a marker above an npc's head (exclamation mark, question mark, etc.).

6. Cinfu

Cinfu Dumbest Person Alive CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Skill point boost seems fairly op, wouldn't add that. Also NPCs should NOT be able to ask for mythics

Ninja_VK likes this.
  7. MatForYoga888

MatForYoga888 High Gavellian Transcriber

Minecraft:
    I think they meant that an NPC in Nesaak or Olux would ask for something in an endgame region such as Molten Heights or Corkus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.