Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Bestiary

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Squimble, Jul 10, 2021.

?

Would you like to see this implemented in the game

1. Yes.

17 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. No.

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. With some changes.

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squimble

Squimble Travelled Adventurer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello everyone,

I thought about an interesting game achievement/objective that could be added to give more "food" to ravenous Wynncraft players who have already finished all the quests and discoveries and even for those who are tired loot running for their first mythic. It will be updated all along your journey in Wynncraft and it is the Bestiary.

Accessibility: We could add a book with a monster face/logo in the compass menu.

It will contain pieces of information about each monster you defeated. The more times you defeated this particular monster, the more information you will know about it.
    For instance, when you will begin your journey, it will be empty. Then, there will be several thresholds:
    1 kill: The monster will appear in your bestiary. (Basically, the face of the monster will appear in a slot when you enter the Bestiary menu)
    5 kills: The monster name and image will appear in a contextual window that will show up when your cursor will hover the monster head in the slot.
    10 kills: The monster's HP will be added in the contextual window.
    50 kills: Damage scale, defense %.
    100 kills: Items that can be looted without the %
    500 kills: Show the % of loot of each item.
    1000 kills: Lore of the monster. + Seal that shows you the completion of the monster.

This is the general idea. There is much monster information I did not includ here. The thresholds could also be modified to fit better to the game experience. For the bosses particular thresholds should be set.
    We could also do:
    • % of completion for each region, (Wynn, Gavel...)
    • 1% damage bonus to the monster if its bestiary information is completed. (Or other bonus)
    • We could include the bestiary completion as a quest given by the King of Ragni at the beginning of the journey. We could say something like "The decay is a big threat for the country, new monsters are attacking us every day. Information is a key point. The more we know our opponents, the more we will be able to adapt our attack strategies. Take down everything you see during your journey, I will reward you greatly if you can gather extensive information about the foes all around the world."
    • The reward given by the king could be of course money but since it's a special quest that will last for a long time, maybe something different would be more appropriate.
    • Unlocking a tome slot on a certain condition (x different monsters killed or a certain % of completion)
    Of course, what I wrote here is a starting point. If all of you give his/her idea, we can improve this greatly!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  2. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi maybe tell me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This looks pretty good. Although one thing I do have to say is that some mobs cannot be killed several times like the Warden of Wisdom in Realm of Light 3, or it could break a rule like farming bosses. I think for the bosses it could be a one-time kill that you have to do to register it.

Edit: Also, item mobs should also not really be included due to the fact that they are literally just items.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    That_Chudley and Squimble like this.
  3. Sir_Doomed

Sir_Doomed Can't think of anything to put here

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Let's go time to do legendary island a thousand times

4. Squimble

Squimble Travelled Adventurer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you for your feedback! :)
    Yes, for special mobs, bosses from boss altars, raids, or legendary Island, some adjustments are necessary.
    To make this idea easier to implement, maybe it is more feasible to only add in the bestiary normal monsters first, excluding specials ones and bosses.

5. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm just imagining somebody killing Mama Zomble 1k times to see the lore and the lore is just ''gotem''
    I think this should probably work differently, and I think it'd be interesting if it was more like the Hyrule Compendium from Breath of the Wild where it also shows materials and weapons. Maybe you can collect a material, ingredient or weapon to fill it in in the quest book?

Also, having to kill something 1 thousand times just for some information on it is dumb, it should be descreased to 100 and to 1 for bosses.
    You also wouldn't be able to get certain mobs such as the Omnispective Wanderer since they are literally unkillable, so those should be filled in upon attacking them.
    There are also a ton of random mobs who appear in little ocean border caves that would probably be forgotten when designing the book
    Finally, a major issue is that HICH runs would probably now require a completed library of everything, meaning that not only do the runners have to kill every mob 100 times, but (if going by my item idea) they would have to lootrun to manually get every mythic in the game.

6. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    Love this idea! Would it work across all classes? Or would each class have a separate bestiary?

7. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd say separate

Ninja_VK likes this.
  8. Ninja_VK

Ninja_VK RainbowsRcool VIP+

Minecraft:
    Separate definitely sounds better imo

9. strikeflame5356

strikeflame5356 what do I write here VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel like this could be a good idea, but I think there are much better ways to help people know the lore of different mobs. Giving hints based on where the mobs spawn, clues inside the area they spawn, what they look like, what their name is, and what they drop are all ways of hinting at the lore of mobs. As for damage defense and health, you can already see a mob's elemental stats. You'll only really need to know the specific damage numbers for bosses and perhaps rare mobs, and when it comes to those I think this is a good idea, but making the CT write this stuff for literally every mob seems pretty ridiculous.

If you were gonna make these for bosses, I think you should get access as soon as you enter the arena, and it might even give tips for bosses that new players tend to have trouble with, like the spine shaker and perhaps even the corrupter of worlds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.