Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Remove Sanitizing Void

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by OriTheSpirit, May 25, 2021.

Tags:
?

Remove void?

Poll closed Jun 1, 2021.
  1. ye

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OriTheSpirit

OriTheSpirit Feesh Time 24/7 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't know why it's there, I don't know why it should exist, but all I know is it has been doing way more trouble than it should.
    Please remove the sanitizing void.

2. TheWitch3r

TheWitch3r "Killing monsters" CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Nah, the Void should be the last obstacle, otherwise the parasite would be a complete joke and could be left out entirely. The purpose of the Void is to punish to greedy players/parties who go full on the parasite and ignoring everything else.

3. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Could you explain what this is?
    (Sorry I don't know)

4. Wommby

Wommby 2 galleons 1 lootrun CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It’s a thing in Nexus of Light that pulls players in and traps them, after you defeat Orphion and you have to defeat the Parasite.

5. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This thread just feels like ''I died to it ONCE to this in the raid and it angered me so I suggested that they remove it! The boss would be too easy without it but I don't care! Why should (I) of all people die to it?''

yeah no

The parasite is a relatively weak boss and removing its only strength would not be a good idea

Plus, it is designed to encourage teamwork, similarly to Crystallization. Crystallization is annoying, but the only real problem I have with it is that it can activate when only 1 player is left. I can tell from the design that raids are designed heavily around teamwork, NOTG having a bunch of bosses that are very tanky for at-level players and require everybody to fight, ONOL having the Sanitizing Void and Crystallization, and TCC having the Colossal Cores. Even the rooms are designed in this way, as there are many ''hold 2 platforms rooms'' and ''Gather some stuff quickly'' rooms. Smaller examples include the rock room from NOTG and the 3 crystalline decay clouds room in ONOL. Half of the rooms in all raids are nigh-impossible without a team, which is a great design in my opinion

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Crystqllized likes this.
  6. Maracs

Maracs Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The problem with the sanitizing void is to me that getting stuck inside it is an almost guaranteed oneshot currently, which completly ruins raids when everyone else has already died

7. Lehoos

Lehoos Formerly RyanLeo11

Guild:
    Sounds annoying af lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.