Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Guilds Hey, Can I Please Stop Getting 3 Shot By Guild Tower Attacks That I Can't See Or Dodge

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by ExRider111Ryan, Apr 9, 2021.

?

Remove Invisible or Undodgeable Guild Tower Attacks

1. Agree

2. Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoundlessSea

BoundlessSea Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    If you want to solo wars then you probably shouldn't be using heavy melee in the first place. If you want to consistently solo low wars then your best bet is going for an hpr build (or maybe just using mage because even if you don't like it mage is the best class for soloing wars), but wynn made it so that you shouldn't be able to solo most territories on purpose. It's called a guild war for a reason, the idea isn't that you take everything yourself.

If you have a healer in your team comp then a medium can be completed with only that and a tanky dps. Each player needs to have a role in the war, it can't just be everyone trying to chip down the tower. If agility worked in wars, or if it was possible to dodge tower attacks, then wars would simply be far too easy. A spell guardian build could probably solo a medium without consumables at that point. By making the attacks undodgeable, the game makes you think about your team comp for harder wars, it becomes similar to an actual mmo where you have to designate someone as the healer, someone will be the tank, and then you have the dps. (also just in case you didn't know archer isn't great in wars because you can only deal damage 1 time per second, so literally only the first arrow of arrow storm hits, but that's a different problem and 100% needs to be changed)

As for saying -hp instantly is bad game design, many games have attacks which you cannot dodge (ff14 is the one that comes to mind, the tanker can't really dodge anything except for spells that target the ground, but the dps and healers can usually dodge because almost all attacks towards them target the ground). I will admit that it would certainly be cooler for, say, regular attacks to be dodgeable, I feel that there should still be 1 person that cannot dodge attacks, and they would simply be the main tank (also still think it would be better for agility to not work in wars because wfa guardin would actually be broken, plus actually moving out of the way is better than flipping a coin and just not taking any damage). If everyone could dodge attacks then it would go from a legitimately difficult war to a bunch of dps builds with enough hp to survive aura and hp pot spamming after every 18s or so when an aura actually happens. Overall though, everything I wrote in this section would only actually affect stronger wars where there are multiple people, and solo wars would remain the same.

Dream likes this.
  2. 99loulou999

99loulou999 ArchangeList VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    every attacks are dodgeable, aura is easy to dodge, volley is easy to dodge, the normal attacks can be dodged with agi

just don't go in a war with a 7k hp builds solo

3. VovaTheEpic

VovaTheEpic Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    ? ? yeah.

4. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:

Potatomancer likes this.
  5. alexphilgab

alexphilgab The Godsent CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I dont get it ?

6. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Budget Wither

Minecraft:
    Guardians in BOTW would aim at the player with a nondamaging laser, and then after a few seconds fire a powerful blast.
    What you suggested is similar to that

7. HungHung

HungHung Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    I think the point of these new wars is that you need a team that can both tank and do damage. If every attack including the normal tower shots were easy to dodge manually, then any fast dps should be able to solo any tower if they are able to dodge every attack. You just need to find a good team composition that works for both you and your guild mates and very highs start to become very possible.

8. alexphilgab

alexphilgab The Godsent CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh ok but I just didn't understood why he sent a music vid X)

9. Toaster

Toaster He/Him CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    volley is significantly less easy to dodge and aura is bs on certain towers like snow and ocean tower, but with 1.20.2 it's gonna be nice

10. 99loulou999

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    idk man, I personally don't stand at the far back of the arena 24/7 where the shield's tower activate but ok

11. strikeflame5356

strikeflame5356 what do I write here VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So your point is that glassy builds that rely on agility shouldn't be able to do guild wars?

I went into a guild war on an Ignition warrior with ~900 life steal, ~12k hp, ~80 defense and 65 agility, and infernal impulse, which by most standards would probably be considered a decent survivability build, not to mention that I was with my friend who was on Shaman, and we both died the exact moment that the war started.

12. CT

CT Blue sponge CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    wars are difficult
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Toaster likes this.
  13. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    If by "difficult" you mean "do not have a chance because unavoidable attacks" than it is just stupid.

14. Toaster

Toaster He/Him CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i mean fair, i rarely get hit by volley based on where i'm standing but there are always those moments where you shift + upper right into a volley and its E

15. 99loulou999

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    sounds like a very high to me but ok

16. MinerDwarf222

MinerDwarf222 I AM A DWARF. HERO

Minecraft:
    Do you remember what stats it had (or the terr), cause from what you are giving me makes it sound like a high potentially hq, (Due to having to deal something like 34k dps minimum).

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  17. HungHung

HungHung Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    It's not that they aren't able to do wars, they just aren't able to solo. If you have a tanky healer that can out heal the tower you can bring a less tanky build as well

18. Bliss

Bliss HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  19. CT

CT Blue sponge CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The dude didn't even say what difficulty it was, they could have attacked a very high guild HQ which every warrer knows is suicide to do so without cutting it off first

Bliss, MinerDwarf222 and 99loulou999 like this.
  20. hexQT

hexQT Travelled Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    i think this has been said enough, but GUILD WARS aren't exactly solo content, and with a good war team basically any territory is takeable. Also agi does work and you can dodge like everything.

HungHung, 99loulou999 and Bliss like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.