Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World The Bard Suggestion: Making Traveling Minstrels A Reality.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by KikiTheKiko, Feb 10, 2021.

?

Do you wish to bring the magic of music to the world of Wynncraft?

1. Yes!

96.2%
  2. No thank you!

3.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KikiTheKiko

KikiTheKiko The Non-Binary Bard HERO

Minecraft:
    So I don't believe I'm alone when saying that roleplay in wynncraft is a little lackluster at times. Most people will log on, grind, quest, war, etc. But they won't feel the need to really feel immersed in the world around them. Now there's nothing necessarily wrong with this, but I have an idea that could potentially make the world feel more alive when it comes to player interaction.

Introducing: In-Game Music Creation!

Simply put, it allows players to make their own note block music to play for other players using a new Music Sheet item. Then, using an instrument (designed after either a lute, flute, or drums) you can play that music for other players in a town, in front of a dungeon, or anywhere else you might fancy. This allows players who lose their desire to play due to being bored by endgame, being stuck on a difficult grind level, or have nothing else to do with their time put their energy into something fun and lighthearted. Plus wandering into a city and hearing some unique music just, simply put, sounds like a cool experience.

But how do I get the items necessary?

The same way anything is introduced, a quest! A new NPC: The Bard appears in the Nesaak bar. He tells you of all the fantastical things music can do for people! Invigorate warriors to fight impossible odds, give a mage the relaxation they need to focus on their magic, allow an archer to better enjoy their countless hours in the forest, the possibilities are endless. The Bard wishes to teach you this unique form of magic because he must leave soon, and wishes not for the land of Wynn to continue without the gift of song. He requests you go out and experience the world so you can experience where music begins, in the experiences of the world! I do not know how possible this next part of the quest is with the programming, but he requests that you discover at least 10 locations, anywhere, and then return to him. Once doing so, he will grant you an instrument of your choosing (They all work the exact same, just a different skin.).

But Kiki, you ask, How do I actually make music?

Well, I'll tell you, young minstrel! By right-clicking the instrument he gifts you, it opens a sub-menu music sheet! A grid that represents a musical staff, where you can freely place note blocks (Or lack thereof to represent rests) to create your own music! Then by left-clicking the item it will automatically play whatever beautiful piece of art you have constructed! Now you may be asking, "Can I unlock longer songs?" No! Every player will be given the exact same song length starting out (this length is undecided) so that their hearts can blossom and not be held down by limitations such as song length.

But I don't like the default note block sound, can I change it?

Why of course you can! Introducing a new crate reward: Alternative Note Blocks! This will add a new crate reward which takes the form of different sounding note blocks you can use to give your songs that extra kick they need to truly be perfect. This widens the loot pool for those of you who have collected all the items and gives more incentive to buy crates, which I don't think any of the staff would mind.

I hate music and don't want to hear it!

Well don't worry, there's a toggle option to deactivate player music. While all music is beautiful in it's own way, the same note played over and over and over just to annoy players might need the option to turn it off.

Wow Kiki, this sounds great and all, but how in the world could I help make it a reality?

Well, my friend, it's simple. Just vote up at the top of the post and/or suggest changes or recommendations down in the comments. Either way, you're helping me refine this suggestion into a dream I'm sure many wynncraftian bards have had for years.

Conclusion

This suggestion is not needed at all to continue making the game a fun place for many people, however it adds a fun activity that no one is forced into doing. It adds more uniqueness to the world, creates a fun pass time for those who may want to play but get bored easily, and it might even be a great introduction to young folks who want to try making music, but don't know where to start. I feel as though if this was added, it would create a whole new community full of people dedicated to just traveling and making music for all the soldiers out there working hard to keep our lands safe.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  2. Hams

Hams Content Team Manager CT Manager Support Team Community Manager Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    That's a pretty nice idea!

Jbip, ?!, AlleonVera and 4 others like this.
  3. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hi yeah suggestion seems cool but i'm mainly here to comment about how much i love your poll.

Dwicey and KikiTheKiko like this.
  4. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The only issue I could see is players making really annoying music on purpose, but as long as you have a way to mute them or something, sure.

5. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    here comes the onslaught of painful meme music
    wholesome poll

wxhlf and KikiTheKiko like this.
  6. KikiTheKiko

Minecraft:
    Would I have the right to represent bards without some flair in even the simplest things?
    Of course you can mute them! Music may be magical, but it's not for everyone. And that's perfectly okay! Technically even the players with high cooking are bards, since the art of magic comes in many forms! So you'll get that bardic magic into you one way or another!

wxhlf, Hams and Yraw like this.
  7. Yraw

Yraw Water Fountain

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    waiting for the fire track from kanye in the wynncraft music creator :triumph:

wxhlf likes this.
  8. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So you can have your own music and public music?

KikiTheKiko likes this.
  9. KikiTheKiko

Minecraft:
    I would assume a system would have to be implemented where either you toggle between original music, player music, and no music at all. Or create a system where the original music dies out if there are any bards nearby playing.

10. TMoney1909

TMoney1909 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I clicked this thinking this was a bard class suggestion and got really excited, I thought that would be really cool for a new class like a bard. However, I still think your suggestion is quite interesting and would love to see it in-game, but still, now I want the bard class :/

KikiTheKiko likes this.
  11. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    I love how this idea will open the door to listening to megalovania on noteblocks in Wynncraft.

12. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    there was actually a really good bard class suggestion last year but i forgot which cause there was 2 iirc
    i dont know if this comment is in reference to them either
    anyway if you wanna see a bard class suggestion just search ''bard'' on the forums and go to page 2

KikiTheKiko and TMoney1909 like this.
  13. KikiTheKiko

Minecraft:
    I actually was planning on making a bard class suggestion, but the biggest issue is that a bard's main goal (besides spreading happiness) is the buff and heal with AOE effects. Which is pretty much exactly what the shaman does currently. Plus balancing and numbers aren't my strong suit. But if anyone needs help with aesthetic that's my area of expertise!

TMoney1909, flip and Dwicey like this.
  14. freakyeagle48

freakyeagle48 Royal Guard of Ragni VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Love this idea!

KikiTheKiko likes this.
  15. TMoney1909

Minecraft:
    Maybe the bards class can instead of focusing on buff allies, it could focus on debuffing enemies, provided a sort of passive and calm effect to the enemy making them weaker to attacks and slower / less damage on attacks.

Whether it fits in or not, I still really want a class like that, I'd love to explore wynn and just bust out some tunes on the enemys.

16. KikiTheKiko

Minecraft:
    You know that's not a terrible idea! The 2 sides of the same coin! I might put more thought into it and make a class post. Perhaps.

17. TMoney1909

Minecraft:
    please link it to me if you do, and if you need help doing it Ill be more than glad, i have some ideas :)

18. KikiTheKiko

Minecraft:
    And I love you!

freakyeagle48 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.