Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design How To Fix Gathering Professions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Feb 5, 2021.

?

Which do you agree with?

1. Guild Gathering Events

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Pests, Parasites, Woodlice and Worms

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. 3: Mining

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3:Fishing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 3:Woodcutting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. All of the above

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    So, it's notorious that gathering professions are far too grindy and mind-numbing. So I decided to brainstorm some ideas on how to fix this. If you see a question mark like this (?) it means I would like feedback on the value of something. So, here's the ideas!

Idea 1: Guild Gathering Events
    So, it would work something like this. Each day, a random gathering profession would be selected. Then, a 1(?) hour timer would begin. During this time, guilds would get points from gathering resources from the chosen profession. Players would only get points for their guild from the resource at their level. e.g in a woodcutting event a level 1 would have to chop oak for points, a level 100 would get points from sky wood. At the end of the event players in guilds would be rewarded a certain amount of gathering xp dependant on their:
    -Guild's standings
    -Contribution of points to their guild
    -Gathering level (so that a level 5 dosen't get like a million xp)
    Naturally, doing events would give a lot more xp than 1(?) hour of normal grind.

Idea 2: Pests, Parasites,Woodlice and Worms
    The idea is that randomly while doing gathering, collecting a node will sometimes cause the player to randomly encounter:
    Pests (Farming)
    Parasites (Fishing)
    Woodlice (Woodcutting)
    and Worms (Mining)
    For example, for mining, the worms would be named like this.
    Copper Worm
    Granite Worm
    Gold Worm
    Sandstone Worm
    Iron Worm
    Silver Worm
    Cobalt Worm
    Kanderstone Worm
    Diamond Worm
    Molten Worm
    Voidstone Worm
    Dernic Worm
    They would have a considerable amount of health at level but would reward the player with a large amount of gathering materials and XP. This would add combat to gathering, but not the kind of combat where you randomly meet annoying key guardians, the more rewarding kind.

Idea 3: Make Professions more Immersive and Realistic
    I will split this into sub sections. Keep in mind that mining and fishing would have to be buffed due to these changes

Mining
    All previous mining locations are replaced with mineshafts. You can mine away the stone (or whatever block is most abundant) on the outside. Doing this would give a chance to reveal an ore behind it. This would be client-sided and would make mining feel like... well... mining.
    Fishing
    This one is pretty controversial, and I don't know if even I am completely sure about it. The idea is that instead of having fish at coastlines or small bodies of water, they are instead found in groups in the ocean. You could take a boat out (they would have to make it so you can fish in boats) and you could cross the ocean till you find a good spot, then fish away. This could also work on the seaskipper!
    Farming
    Not much to change here
    Woodcutting
    It looks kinda weird with the trees just appearing and disappearing so I think there should be a regrowing and breaking animation. Also make the leaves disappear as well as the tree.

2. I_Liek_Turtlez

I_Liek_Turtlez hi i play hic CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Gathering professions are extremely easy as of 1.20, so making them even easier is really not required.

3. aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Minecraft:
    sorry whats exactly made them easier

4. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy HERO

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    gathering xp ids
    (from the prof discord server)

5. aaaaaaaaaaaaaa