Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Rename Greaves Of Shame/honor. (95.2% Support.)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by JaydonTheWarrior, Dec 13, 2020.

?

Should they rename these pants.

1. Yes.

98 vote(s)
    92.5%
  2. No (Why, like seriously, it takes a couple of seconds at most ;-;)

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In 1.20 they have gone too great care to present the Iron Hearts question of morality with honor.
    The game is far less inherently biased to turning in the factory, however, one part of the quest remains unchanged... The pants.

This is honestly a rather dumb thread, simply asking they rename the pants.
    One suggestion may be "Greaves of the Many/Few." As the quest does present you with the question of a few lives viruses the lives of a many. However, what they are renamed to is really up to the item team, I just want them to rename it <3.

Other suggested names:
    Greaves of Providence and Virtue/Freedom by @Sg_Voltage
    Geaves of Honesty/Calculation @TrapinchO
    Greaves of Ideals/Greaves of Defense @Potatomancer

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    ThedumbOX, Potatus, Ninja_VK and 13 others like this.
  2. IceBear

IceBear Ice Bear says hi VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ice Bear doesn't want to be ashamed for wanting a different item.

ThedumbOX, Stag2001, H0Y and 8 others like this.
  3. Poprony

Poprony First cata finder <o/ HERO

Minecraft:
    I don't want to be ashamed either :((

4. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I dont know how the quest was changed so I cant say anything about it. I personally like the names but I honestly dont care

ThedumbOX and TrapinchO like this.
  5. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Now, watch how fast some ass votes no because I set the title as 100% support.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  6. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *enables ability to see who voted*

7. TwentyZ6

TwentyZ6 average wynncraft addict HERO

Minecraft:
    might be kinda cool if both items were named with synonyms of honor, like Greaves of Honor would stay the same but Greaves of Shame would be like Greaves of Morality or something because with the two choices they both save people, but in different ways, and in both Detective Hart and Dr. Urelix think that they’re doing the right thing.
    Idk, that’s my two cents on it. :)

AlleonVera likes this.
  8. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I prefer the original name, "greaves of the many"? I don't want hand me down armour!

I know you're referring to saving lives or whatnot but it's about moral decisions and I feel the names atm fit a lot better. If you've got any other cool name change suggestions though it would be nice to hear

9. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    They do not. The point is that both decisions are wrong and you shouldn't be pubished for choosing one.

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  10. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would argue that talking the the detective is much more morally right. He refers to it as a "horrible thing" and desires "justice", that sounds to me like he wants to help. It's undetermined if the people can be saved from the golems or not but that's a touch irrelevant in regards to what name they should be

11. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    But if you stop the factory propably much more people will die because there won't be golems to guard them.

Btw "horrible thing" and "justice" are highly subjective.

I personally would not punish someone for choosing Urelix, because they wanted to save more people.

In all cases people die. There is no good option.

H0Y and JaydonTheWarrior like this.
  12. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you believe that with no golems to defend then more lives will be lost then you disagree with the OP:

"One suggestion may be "Greaves of the Many/Few." As the quest does present you with the question of a few lives viruses the lives of a many." - That's not subjective at all as then they'll be forced to assign values to how many lives are lost instead of to the simple task of take the bribe and effectively let the baddie continue or tell the good guys and hope they can handle it well

13. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    I agree the names should be changed, because of my post above.
    I think it is clearly stated that taking rhe bribe saves much more people than telling the detective.

Um, what? Like a simple decision take bribe or be straight? The quest is more than this.

14. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Where?? Regardless the golems at places like Corkus aren't made with people so they can just use those

That's the simple part of it yeah, looking at purely the reward side. Like when I first did it I went "ooo, money" and took the bribe without a second thought. I don't care how I feel morally towards a pixely game it's zie rewards I care about

15. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Don't really love your suggestions for names (I assume you came up with them quickly and it also isn't really the point), but I think it's at least better. I personally like Greaves of Providence and Virtue or Freedom more but I think a change in name would be nice.

So you don't need to look it up if you don't know;

Providence - Divine protection of god; replaces greaves of shame and works because the golems are basically divine protectors sent from an unknown place, in this case the doctor is almost a god in a way since he's responsible for protecting all of the world with his creations.

Virtue - Behavior showing the highest moral standards; replaces honor and works because you get them for acting in a virtuous way. You refuse a bribe and instead expose the operation, which would be seen as a virtuous act.

Freedom - Everyone know what that means; replaces honor, also works because the golems are essentially enslaved so freedom would in this represent freedom for the villagers, even if it's at the cost of security.

Providence can also be defined as preparation for future eventualities which generally means losing freedom which can be seen as the opposite of freedom as freedom would imply freely acting in the moment which means losing providence, so while I think I like virtue more, freedom probably makes more sense to pair with providence.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  16. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    Yeah, that could fit too

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  17. TwentyZ6

TwentyZ6 average wynncraft addict HERO

Minecraft:
    Listen, I don’t want to take sides. This spiraled quite fast.
    I just want to say that, while I love Wynncraft, it is just a game. And while it’s pretty cool that it brings up stuff like moral ambiguity, Hart is not trying to mass murder millions of people. He is trying to protect his town.
    Hart and Urelix have different perspectives on morality, with Urelix looking at the long term and Hart the short term, but that does not invalidate either of them.
    It is is incomparable.
    A good example would be the trolley problem: save a few and condemn many, or save many and condemn a few. However, what if you know one of the few? What if you know their family? Etc etc.

18. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's not a bad idea, they're a bit lengthy in the names but to be fair as I've heard other people say that it's up to interpretation which choice is better ideologically so by having shame/honour the devs are sort of saying which is better and which is worse (I would agree with them here) but if you didn't then that would make it less bias and with your names

Palebreadpainter likes this.
  19. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That was the whole point of the thread, the names I listed were just example names:

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  20. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.