Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

New Class: The Quintessent

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Bioniclefan414, May 18, 2020.

?

What do you think

1. I like this idea.

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. This idea needs some adjustments (Why?)

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. I do not want to see this class (Why?)

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bioniclefan414

Bioniclefan414 Hey, who let this guy in?

Guild:
    Lore: In Fruma, it is common for children to be born with an affinity for a single element, but there is a rare chance for some children to be born with an affinity for every single element. These children can be trained in every single art, much like the mythical Bob. This class would be highly adaptive, depending on what stats you spec into, and you would receive different spells for different stat balances.

Your weapon type is the Quintessic Orb, which consists of orbs of various colors. This weapon will behave differently depending on what element you focus on with Soul Bind

Spell One: Soul Bind (6 Mana)
    Depending on what stat you have invested the most into, your weapon type will shift into one that fits that stat for 10 seconds. Dexterity makes the Quintessic Orb deal 10/25/50% less damage, but be able to attack 1/2/2 attack tiers faster than normal. Intelligence gives your weapon a slightly longer attack range (basically using a wand projectile instead of a spear projectile) If you are extremely invested in strength, your weapon deals 10/25/50% more damage, behaves like a spear (slight AoE damage), and is 1/2/2 attack tiers slower. If you are heavily invested in Defense, your weapon will behave like a shaman attack. If you specialize in Agility, the Quintessic Orb will behave like a bow, but deal 25/25/10% less damage. If your stats are all balanced, the Quintessic Orb will be able to use every single projectile/attack type simultaneously, rewarding balanced stats

Spell Two: Dash (4 Mana)
    This is a spell identical to Charge in behavior. Enemies hit while traveling will experience various attacks
    Depending on what stats you have invested the least into, this will deal 50/100/150% of that elemental damage. Depending on which stat you have invested into, you will apply an effect to yourself, or opponents.(Defense)10/20/30% less walkspeed for 5 seconds on the target (Intelligence) Regen 10/20/30% of your max HP over 5 seconds, (Strength) +5/10/15% Neutral and Earth Damage for 30 seconds, (Agility) 10/15/20% chance to dodge damage, (Dexterity) +10/20/30% Neutral and Thunder Damage for 30 seconds. If all of your stats are perfectly balanced, each of these effects will manifest, but only be 1/5 as effective

Spell 3: Rotation (6 Mana)
    This stat will shift your skill points over one spot for 30 seconds. (Strength becomes Intelligence, Intelligence becomes Dexterity, Dexterity becomes Defense, Defense becomes Agility, and Agility becomes Strength. If these stats are equally balanced, this will release a radius 5 AOE that deals 100/150/200% of your spell damage.

Spell 4: Elemental Wave (8 Mana)
    This spell is meant to support teammates as well as yourself within a radius of 10 blocks. Positive effects will be given to allies as well.
    Depending on which stat you have invested the most into, this spell deals 100/200/300% of that elemental damage. Depending on which stat you have invested into, you will apply an effect to yourself, or opponents.(Defense)20/40/60% less walkspeed for 5 seconds on the target (Intelligence) Regen 20/40/60% of yourself and any allies' max HP over 5 seconds, (Strength) +20/40/60% Neutral and Earth Damage for 30 seconds, (Agility) 20/30/40% chance to dodge damage, (Dexterity) +2o/40/60% Neutral and Thunder Damage for 30 seconds. If all of your stats are perfectly balanced, each of these effects will manifest, but only be 1/5 as effective.

Opinions? I feel this is reasonably balanced, and would create some interesting balanced builds or completely unbalanced ones.

SideBlocks likes this.
  2. BettyBoo42

BettyBoo42 Travelled Adventurer

This feels like it could be a great addition, as a class able to fill a multitude of rolls well without excelling or being awful at any select thing. Great suggestion man!

Bioniclefan414 likes this.
  3. Cutsard

Cutsard Self-Proclaimed Idiot

Minecraft:
    please, please just stop making classes that depend on skill points
    you might think its cool, but its really not, its just a pain when making builds or when you want to cast a different spell.
    to sum it up:

4. Bioniclefan414

Bioniclefan414 Hey, who let this guy in?

Guild:
    The thing is, its rather easy to control, and some of your criticism doesnt really work. After all, the buffs are minor, and they're built to adapt to the players choice. Like the critical buff is good if you're working on dexterity, being able to shift your stat points with the 3rd spell would also help with the problem you have with the not being able to cast the right spells, and the worst one gets a buff with the dash movement ability. It enables Jack-of-All-Trades builds, and even if you minmaxed, you could still cast a spell in ANY category thanks to the Rotation spell.

(Basically, this class would be one of the most adaptive classes in Wynncraft if it were added)

(and it would seriously synergize with Morph gear rainbow builds, actually)

5. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It does, actually. I agree with their criticism.

6. Endercomet

Endercomet HongKonger

Minecraft:
    ahhhhhhhhhhh please do not make this a thing(not that its ever going to be a thing) i get wanting to be creative but its like you are creating another member of the beatles out of playdoh
    i don't think i need to add more criticism to this but i just want to say that no class suggestions will be good enough or parallel enough with other classes to be really implemented into the game, and it takes a lot of effort to make a class so don't expect a idea coming from a singular person to be implemented to be in the game
    you spent some time on this suggestion and we can all see that, but next time when you consider suggesting something revolutionary and game-changing, leave that to your imagination unless you feel like you are very experienced and know what you are talking about

one_ood and Saya like this.
  7. BowenRobot2

BowenRobot2 Newbie Adventurer

I like this class except that it forces players to perfectly balance all stats which would end up making it harder to switch equipment (because some equipment changes stats). I think that there should be more slack so a player wouldn't be forced to perfectly balance their stats but more spread would gradually change their attack, rather than completely changing the play style if just one point was off (For example, your attack would start as a mid range attack, but would increase in range for INT and AGI, and would decrease for more points in STR. Now say INT and AGI added to the STR value, the spell would have the range of the base version. There should be the base spell that the stats would edit rather than having the stats straight up determine the characteristics of a spell)

8. err0r

err0r wasting my time

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Now, I don't like the general idea of skill points affecting the way your spells work and the other way around. The first problem is, that it would be really confusing for beginners. It would be really hard to invest your skill poins well, since they affect the range, the speed and what not, and then the rotation spell would change your skill points which changes your spells again, and if you would cast it multiple times in a row, things would become extremely confusing. In the end, you would have no idea what you are actually doing. And most importantly, you would need to explain all these mechanics within the game, which would require an essay. I don't think newbies are willing to read a page of information only to understand how their skill points affect their spells.

But what I think is even more problematic is, that the mechanics are completely different from the other five classes. For archer, warrior, mage, assassin and shaman the way skill points work is simple: strenght increases your damage, dexterity increases the chance for a crit, intelligence reduces spell cost, defense reduces the damage you take, agility increases the chance of taking no damage from an attack. And all the spell damages are calculated with the same formula, only with different numbers. But then there would be the quintessent, which works completely different.

If this class would be implemented, people wouldn't see six classes with different main attacks and spells, which create six unique ways of playing the game, instead people would see five classes with only small differences, and a sixth class which works completely different and is incredibly complicated.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.