Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Class Idea : Void Bringer

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Saikyo_Psycho, May 10, 2020.

?

Should this be added into Wynncraft?

1. Yes, why yes?

52.8%
  2. No, why not?

47.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saikyo_Psycho

Saikyo_Psycho Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Void Bringer is an idea for a class which is versatile and adjustable to each situation. This class features a unique play style because of the constant battling, not just against mobs. Name ideas for each abilities are needed, any suggestions are appreciated. Most of this post is a WIP, any good idea is always changing and adapting to the communities wants so it will probably stay a work in progress for as long as i'm updating this post.

Lore

The Void Bringer, what is it? An entity or was it a person? The name Void Bringer is a title. Given to only those that have both light and darkness inside of them. Under normal circumstances most children are born with an element of light inside of them which is now known as Mana but special circumstances causes children to be born with Darkness inside of them, nobody knows how it happens but the 2 forces are constantly colliding inside a child unlucky enough to be born with both elements. The darkness chooses its victims, leeching at the poor souls. Those who had the will and vitality to survive learned to harness the powers while others succumbed to insanity.

Mechanics

The main difference between the void bringer and the other classes is the counter system, because this class is continuously battling it out inside one self between light and darkness you as the player have a choice. It is a counter as the name suggested that counts how much skills you have used in each element. You as the player will get buffs or debuffs based on which element you want to use more often. Consequences for your actions, or you can play it safe and keep it at a equilibrium. Each side is meant for different situations and gameplay.

Range options, with 2 types of elements to choose from it would be boring to have only melee or ranged so i decided to split it up into a class that has 2 ranges to choose from. Melee and Ranged which changes depending on which element you choose. There is darkness within everyone which correlates to it being close to you so i decided to make Dark melee. There is light wherever you look and it spans to however far you can see so it should be ranged.

Since you are constantly battling a battle within yourself there should also be messages in the chat corresponding to your actions. If you do a quest you get a positive message or if you kill mobs or hit friendly NPCs you get a negative message.

Abilities

The addition of the counter system gives the player more options to choose from so that means they should be able to choose what abilities to use as well as their ranged based on each players play style.

Darkness
    Darkness is meant to be more up close and personal side of you. Using spells consumes HP instead of Mana

R L R - Insert name, You let the light embrace you with its warmth and switch the Light mode.
    Rank 1 : Switch to Light Mode.
    Rank 2 : Blinds enemies within a 5 block radius.
    Rank 3 : Switching to Light pushes enemies away from you by 5 blocks and weakening them by 10%

R R R - Shadow Step, You gather the darkness under you and use it to launch yourself forward.
    Rank 1 : Launch yourself forward by gathering darkness in your feet and releasing it.
    Rank 2 : The lack of control over the darkness causes you to release a small AOE of darkness, damaging surrounding enemies.
    Rank 3 : As you gain more control you are able to release small amounts of dark energy mid-flight giving you more control over which direction you want to move in.

R L L - Insert name, You gather the darkness into your fists and punch the floor causing a spike made of pure hate and darkness.
    Rank 1 : Punch the floor causing a spike to erupt from the ground engulfing enemies.
    Rank 2 : Control over the spike allows you to knock enemies up by solidifying the Darkness more.
    Rank 3 : You gain even more control over the spike and another spike pierces enemies that are knocked up.

R R L - Insert name, You release all the darkness inside you into the surrounding area.
    Rank 1 : Damage enemies around you forcing you back into Light mode. Damage scales with how much darkness is in your counter.
    Rank 2 : You gain control over the release, causing it to take a cone shape.
    Shadow Extraction, Rank 3 : Manifest that energy into your hands and throws it at the floor pulling in enemies and damaging them before exploding outwards. Steals life from enemies stuck in the projectile

Light
    The Light can reach you no matter where you are.

L R L - Insert name, The darkness consumes you.
    Rank 1 : Switch to Dark Mode.
    Rank 2 : Engulfs you in shadows for 3 seconds causing you to be invisible
    Rank 3 : Switching to darkness pulls in enemies in a 5 block radius

L L L - Blink, Blink foward
    Rank 1 : Blink forward by X amount of blocks
    Rank 2 : Blinds enemies in a 5 block radius where you land/end up.
    Rank 3 : Scorches the ground from the heat of blinking and damages enemies within a radius

L R R - Insert name, Beam Variant, gathers light into your hands and fires a beam damaging enemies.
    Rank 1 : Fires a beam forward damaging and piercing enemies in its path.
    Rank 2 : You become more efficient with your beam causing it to becoming bigger.
    Rank 3 : Continually release the beam as long as mana is supplied.

L R R - Light Spear, Spear Variant, gather light in your hand and mold it into a spear.
    Rank 1 : Throw a spear of light damaging enemies in its path.
    Rank 2 : The spear explodes upon hitting a surface dealing more damage.
    Rank 3 : Explosion leaves behind burning ground and damages enemies who enter.

L L R - Insert name, You release all the light inside of you into the surrounding area.
    Rank 1 : Release a wave of light damaging enemies. Switching you to dark mode.
    Rank 2 : Focus the energy upwards and it comes back down in the form of a pillar of light
    Rank 3 : If hit directly the light pillar causes enemies to be stunned for 3 seconds.

I still need to work on the counter system so this is just the general idea i am going for. Once again i would appreciate any feed back. My discord is PoeTaetoe#0332 if you rather DM me on discord. The 3rd light spell is meant to be a choice. I'm not sure which one i like more so it leave it up to you guys. Thanks for reading my idea

Special thanks these people for suggesting ideas
    -Bioniclefan414
    -Incred Bear

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  2. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Horribly Inactive HERO

Minecraft:
    One problem: until level 11 your first spell does nothing

3. Saikyo_Psycho

Minecraft:
    Nope the first spell changes your element, basically switching you from melee to ranged. Obviously each with their benefits. I was also thinking of adding a poison type of effect to the corruption melee while a life steal effect as a type of healing to add on to your light powers. Poison and Healing is opposite as well, same as Dark and Light.

4. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Horribly Inactive HERO

Minecraft:
    But compared to bash which at low levels one shots everything. Also what would the upgrades be to your first spell?

Saikyo_Psycho likes this.
  5. Saikyo_Psycho

Minecraft:
    The first ability isn't meant for damage but to set up the other spells. I haven't really thought about what i want to do for the upgrades yet but maybe for corruption/dark it could have an innate plague effect and for light it would be a aoe ranged attack? Similar to Kayle's level 11? i think upgrade, from league...

6. Nerfet

Nerfet Cute little blue cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    yay more spellsssss +1

7. Saikyo_Psycho

Minecraft:
    More versatility as well, different spells for different situations instead of spamming meteor or arrow bomb, etc

8. Bioniclefan414

Bioniclefan414 Hey, who let this guy in?

Guild:
    Kind of interesting, but maybe the element switch should have different effects as well, maybe a switch to Light pushes enemies away, and a switch to Darkness will pull enemies in. It would function sort of as a CC ability to help set up your spell abilities since they work differently. (it would also make it useful for low-level players instead of giving them poison/lifesteal which are extremely op at low levels, and would make the class even more powerful than Shaman IMO)

Also, what type of weapon would they use? Most of the main weapon archetypes have already been covered. Energy Orbs? Scythes? a weapon type that changes modes depending on what types of attacks you're using?

9. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Looks interesting, but perhaps a bit too complex for the Wynncraft system with the dark/light

10. Saikyo_Psycho

Minecraft:
    That is an interesting idea, i do agree that lifesteal or poison might be too op at lower levels now that i think about it. At lower levels it might be more detrimental than helpful to pull enemies closer but ill definitely think about it for upgrades.
    It might be, since we have to keep track of counter systems as well. Which is a reason i was kind of hesitant to even suggest it. I'm dont know a lot about how server management or even programming these things work so it was just an idea. Semi far fetched however.

11. APersonWasHere

APersonWasHere But who? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Def a very interesting concept. Not sure how I feel about the light/dark counter bar thing, and again I think this is a bit too much but its definitely very creative.

12. Saikyo_Psycho

Minecraft:
    I agree it is pretty far fetched to create the counter thing but im sure the wynn creators would be able to do something about it if they like the idea or enough of the community liked it.

APersonWasHere likes this.
  13. APersonWasHere

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh most definitely. Personally dunno if I'd play it but wouldn't be surprised if the devs could make at least something similar work.

14. Saikyo_Psycho

Minecraft:
    That's a fair review. If you don't mind me asking, why wouldn't you play it?

15. APersonWasHere

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just not my cup of tea. I personally don't like the idea of having to balance two resources to deal max dmg. Not saying it's a bad idea, just doesn't fit my play style

16. Saikyo_Psycho

Minecraft:
    That's understandable, the difficulty of playing this class would be pretty high on top of mana control as well as balancing the 2 sides. High risk high reward type of gameplay.

17. General Skien

General Skien is the best character in Wynncraft. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    For lore reasons you should know corruption isn’t the same thing as darkness, in fact it’s just the chaotic version of the Light and Dark’s overlapping of influences.

18. Saikyo_Psycho

Minecraft:
    I actually did not know that, thats awkward. So reaching a equilibrium could grant corruption type of powers or maybe for the sake of my brain i'll just change corruption to dark.

19. Saikyo_Psycho

Minecraft:
    I've recently re did this whole post so take a look in the form of a small bump :3 Enjoy reading for anyone who hasn't already!

20. Incred Bear

Incred Bear Well-Known Adventurer

(All Darkness)

For the R L R spell
    I think it should be called blinding light ( or if you want to include both Ying for dark or Yang for light)

For the movement spell I think shadow jump or Shadow sneak fit the discription

For the Attack spell I think night hammer

And for the utility spell Unholy Aura

( As stated for dark Ying or Yang)

L L L
    Flash

For the attacking spell
    Light Spear ( I don’t get a lot to work with)

And for the utility
    I want to go Cleanse ( but for that to happen I feel like t2 or t3 of the move has to heal 5% of damage dealt, or not )

Darkness
    The ranks of the attacking spells should cause more spikes from 1 to 3 to all around but decrease the dmg output but not to severely

Light
    The first spell should have at t3 should weaken the mobs by 10%

If the t3 piller hits the mobs an addition would be to stun the mobs for 1 second

Last edited: May 12, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.