Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Give Some Immortality After Logging In

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Connor1736, May 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connor1736

Connor1736 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    This suggestion is fairly simple -

A few hours ago, I lost connection while fishing in an area with hostile mobs. I just logged back in, and I was killed by the mobs while my texture pack was still loading in. I lost a lot of the fish I had previously gathered.

When you log in, you should get immunity to damage for a brief period (5-10 seconds), which is cancelled if you attack any of the mobs. Alternatively, the mobs should just ignore you for a brief period after logging in (just like how they ignore you while you're gathering or looking in a loot chest).

I gave this the world prefix but I don't think any of them really apply - this is more of a quality-of-life thing.

2. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you're having trouble loading in, you can manually install the texture pack yourself (I'm not sure how though lol) so that you don't have to wait for it to load when you log in. If you use the Wynntills mod, it does this automatically. Alternatively, you can disable autojoin (/toggle autojoin) so you can wait for your texture pack to load in the /class menu.
    I still think this would be a good idea though since waiting for the texture pack to load isn't the only way you could die while loading in.

Connor1736 likes this.
  3. BqwaOLD

BqwaOLD Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    In addition to what @WynnChairman said, you can now join lobby.wynncraft.net, use wyntills (there's a setting somewhere in there I think), or hit 'edit' in the server menu when you open Minecraft's multiplayer button, then change 'resource packs' to enabled.

Connor1736 likes this.
  4. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You should probably add a poll. Even though there's plenty of ways that should keep you from dying upon entering the world, lag is enough of the game's identity that this probably is a good idea. I'd just give the player a vanish affect like assassin's or being in a chest until they perform any action (moving, casting a spell, spawning their horse, etc.) so that it can't be abused to easily kill mobs and will last long enough the player is always able to be loaded before it goes away.

Connor1736 likes this.
  5. suzukzmiter

suzukzmiter Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's a good idea, but it should be cancelled when you move, not whem you attack a mob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.