Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World [coming In-game, 91.9% Approval] Clientside / Instanced Housing [ Includes Demonstration & Detail ]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Novalescent, Feb 29, 2020.

?

Good Housing Idea? Please read thread before voting.

1. Yes!

349 vote(s)
    91.8%
  2. Nope.

31 vote(s)
    8.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    There is a large social aspect surrounding Wynncraft that has not been encouraged in-game directly. It is not just an adventuring game. Plenty of people like to socialize and host community events. Just look at events such as Wynncon, Battle Royal, and the upcoming ANO Spring Fling event. While one of these wasn't hosted in-game, the other two were/will be. There hasn't been many features in Wynncraft that promotes this socialization aspect. It's mostly all just kill and explore right now, and I would like to have more community interaction to an extent.
    Also, I highly doubt players will stay inside their House all the time. If they do, they are essentially pulling the ol' "Detlas AFK" because there isn't a lot of benefits that would encourage a player to stay in their house all day. I personally would use my house to store my items, set spawns, create builds, and invite my friends over to socialize and such.

There are multiple reasons why we aren't just soldiers for Wynn, and actual citizens in some areas. For example, you earn your citizenship in Troms when doing "The Passage" quest there. And if you talk to the Ragni Guard in Ragni, he suggests that you are a Citizen of Wynn at this point for all of your deeds. I believe we can safely assume that the player eventually becomes a citizen of the province after doing several deeds around the province.

2. Jraqn

Jraqn shaman best girl HERO

Minecraft:
    I guess there are many ways to think about how the player is part of the world. I've just always liked that Wynncraft is different from other servers in the sense that its much more adventure oriented. I do think a housing element will help with the community aspect of the game. I think it would be cool if it could be implemented as a separate area, kind of like the Nether PvP thing. It might be better if it was separate from the main servers because of the fact that housing would mean interacting directly with the world and with breaking/placing blocks, which isn't something that is possible on the main servers. I don't know if it could be implemented into the main game in a way that keep the feel of Wynncraft the same, so having them separate would help with that transition. Just some of my thoughts.

3. Runaiic

Runaiic t

>because the game is very adventure oriented, so I don't think housing fits that profile :/
    >we're mean't to be soldiers that have dedicated our lives to helping others, or something
    he answered all of that already in the main post, didn't you bother reading it?

Novalescent likes this.
  4. PopePurpleTTV

PopePurpleTTV *:^)=Immortal=(^:* Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Think of the possibilities? Plot markets so when the trade market is down one can still sell. Guild halls (And I actually hope each guide gets a 50 by 50 or bigger plot to build a massive fucking hall for cool shit tbh, but this works for now), a meeting place, a place to sit down and chat with other heroes about your adventures, To show off your building skills, extra storage, and just a place to sink stacks on stacks of LE.

A base of operations. Every soldier, every army, every adventurer has had, currently has, or will have a base. It actually makes LESS sense that we don't have a home. Why wouldn't we buy a place to rest? Yeah we adventure but there has to a be place we feel safe. A place we rest up at. Even more so since multiple cities give us, the famous hero, citizenship. You'd think they'd also be /dying/ to get us to build a house there. "The Famous hero choose to live *here*, look how great we are."

Also multiple MMO's have the same thing. The "endgame" isn't content based but cosmetic based. What all can we do? How fucking rad can we be? Can we become more rich than Twain? These are true endgame goals.

This seriously should be looked into.

Essendale, btdmaster, Dr Zed and 2 others like this.
  5. Exception

Exception Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    This would make the game much more fun at endgame as well..

6. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Y'all are actually breaking records for me :')

I'll be absolutely astonished if we get this to 200 supporters!!

7. PopePurpleTTV

Minecraft:
    Oh question. So these house would operate like war servers yeah? so super low taxing due to the small amount of area loaded, etc

8. FighterZ_

FighterZ_ MC player since 1969 HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Guilds should get a permanent housing area that they can purchase with their emeralds.
    More emeralds = bigger plot, and the bigger plots are displayed first.

Since there are no actual use of emeralds for guild aside from buying banners ( which are kinda cool, but not really useful ), there should be another goal from collecting all these emeralds and be more rewarding for the Guild as well as the players aside from just upgrading your "banner".

Making guilds pay for their plot will also be a good way to reduce random guilds from buying them and not building anything, which will make the area much cleaner.

Suggestion: small plots can be in a different world, bigger plots (with insane price) can be viewed in the normal world where people can "flex" their guild headquarter. Paying for extra features such as having the Trade Market in the house would also be cool (if it is permanent plot)

(This is for GUILD plot, not individual. Players shouldn't have permanent plot in the normal world otherwise it would take up too much space)

Novalescent likes this.
  9. PopePurpleTTV

Minecraft:
    Thats why the idea was to make them instances so only players invited would see the plot. Otherwise it's just an empty plot that "Surprisingly Rich Land Owner but still a doofus" stands in front of. I assume it'd be much like a war server. I think for right now however (As badly as I want to see guild halls start popping up, trust me I really do) players might be a good starting point since they'll be smaller, allowing for more streamlined testing of how "workable" it is.

I'd also assume the guild halls would be instanced since if it's open to any guild their build style might not match that area and could cause some conflict with the build team.

Thanks for the ideas though, got me ticking on something I'll share later

10. scorpionwiz

scorpionwiz Magi of the far lands MTL god and LN reader CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    so what happens if i by example open my plot house#1 in detlas walk away and then go to cinfras and open my plot house#2 there?

11. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    200 votes POGU!

12. PopePurpleTTV

Minecraft:
    I am honored to present @Novalescent the 'Village Maker' award for their service to the RP, Building, and Chill sub-communities that exist within Wynncraft. All they want is to rock like a Twain and slay like a Jane. Thanks so much for your work in this and you have questions above to answer.

[​IMG]

Novalescent likes this.
  13. suzukzmiter

suzukzmiter Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wynncraft is MMORPG, not a skyblock or survival, MMORPG/RPG is not about building houses

14. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Who ever said RPGs have to abide by a set of rules? And even if you don't want the "building" aspect, that can easily be replaced by blueprints or schematics.
    Wynncraft is in Minecraft. That doesn't mean we have to limit ourselves to what typical triple-A RPGs usually do.

I'd say a good majority of people would love a form of Housing in Wynncraft. Even if it is just a "quality of life feature," that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be added under any circumstances. A lot of people, specifically guilds, would love some form of a social gathering place for their friends and guild mates.

btdmaster and Sg_Voltage like this.
  15. suzukzmiter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I
    I think that there should be houses you can buy and you can't break or place blocks there but you can store items there, also movable houses would be too OP.

16. Novalescent

Minecraft:
    Static plots are very basic and boring. People want customization for something like this, as if every house looked the same, then it would just be bland.
    I don't think movable houses are that OP. The only notable things that would probably make moving OP in this scenario is being able to set your spawn, and having access to Build Stands and chests, but honestly that isn't much of a way to make moving houses that strong, and you can only have your House be moved to towns, such as Ragni or Cinfras.

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  17. blegar1

blegar1 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    No they wouldn't from the sounds of it a lot of MMO's use movable houses that can be customised.. Heck I've played trove and that had this feature (although it wasn't clientside) Houses are great for something like wynn.
    So in conclusion. MMO's can actually have housing. And due to how frequently they're used indicate it's more common for a MMO to have housing than not have housing (albeit other mmo's can tend to mess up housing sometimes due to bad implementation)

18. suzukzmiter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know that a lot of people want housing system in wynncraft, but i don't think it would fit. I would love to have some form of guild headquarters though

Dexmio and Dr Zed like this.
  19. Vix

Vix Travelled Adventurer

100% yes, adds just another fun thing to do adding even more hours of fun to the game.

Housing is a giant part of any MMORPG, within a world to have a place to call your own and to be able to customise is just insanely satisfying and fun.

20. Def

Def uwu CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is pretty damn cool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.