Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

New Major Id: Converts Stacks Of Emeralds Into Blocks

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by TMY8, Apr 16, 2020.

?

Do you support the idea of a Major ID which converts stacks of emeralds into EB?

1. Yeah!

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. I'll pass...(please explain)

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TMY8

TMY8 The Wynnarchist, dealing in very...specific goods VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hi!
    My suggestion is a simple one: I would like to see some piece of armor/jewelry that has a major ID which causes full stacks of emeralds to be converted into emerald blocks.

I think that this would be a nice addition for any type of player, because raw stacks of emeralds can take up tons of space in one's inventory, and the only way to solve the problem is to either drop the emeralds(which always gives me heartburn) or to go back to town, which takes a long time and may not always be available.

This item would fit into Wynncraft pretty well, as it is only expanding on the already existing system of Major IDs in Mythics and Legendaries, and it wouldn't mess up the balance of the game to any degree. It would probably end up making lootrunning slightly more powerful, but I doubt it would create any problem because most profit from lootrunning comes from the chance of rare items and because using this item would force lootrunners to give up another potentially powerful piece of loot bonus/loot quality armor. Rather, I believe that the ID would even help to close the gap between rich and poor, because players with less money(such as yours truly) are more likely to hold onto stacks of emeralds and EB in hopes that we could turn them into LE, whereas a super-serious lootrunner with stacks of LE in the back probably doesn't care about these 64 emeralds.

But mostly, I think that an armor piece with this Major ID would quite simply be a nice quality of life fix for the player. If you like this idea, please say so in the poll, and if not, I'd love to hear your feedback!

Epicness937 likes this.
  2. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This would be extremely powerful in lootrunning - I think you're vastly underestimating the potential gains.

3. TMY8

TMY8 The Wynnarchist, dealing in very...specific goods VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's possible that you're right, but I really would like to see an ID that functions in this way. Do you think it would be better if there were restrictions on it, such as only functioning ~10 times before you access your bank?

4. MegidoGamerGod

MegidoGamerGod megido >gamer< god GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this would certainly be one solution, although in my opinion it gets convoluted at this extent. I feel like a mechanic like this shouldn't exist in general, lots of the game has been/is designed assuming you're not loading up on like every emerald you get from chests, and this isn't exclusive to lootrunning either. from an economic standpoint (which I don't really care about although it's still an issue) it can cause lots of inflation if hundreds of more players are filling up their inventory with even just 640 more emeralds than usual. from a gameplay standpoint, you're able to stock up on a whole 10 more items while exploring, and that would take away many of the personal decisions you have to make when finding an item.

5. PMC_Eboo

PMC_Eboo Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    It seems a little bit too powerful to me, this would greatly impact lootrunning, as you could keep 2/3 inventory slots for emeralds and everything else for items, allowing you to keep all the emeralds you find AND giving you more inventory space overall, i think this would just be too strong

6. BqwaOLD

BqwaOLD Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Have it on certain loot bonus items like diamond dust and discoverer.

Runaiic and Emogla3 like this.
  7. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Basic, crafted, unique and rare items cannot have Major ID's.

For the idea itself, it's definitely a massive QoL change, but also an absurdly powerful one. May as well add a Major ID to auto-convert EB to LE, then!

BqwaOLD likes this.
  8. BqwaOLD

BqwaOLD Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Oh, mb.

9. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    then make diamond dust legendary

10. Runaiic

Runaiic t

or why not just make a new Fabled Item for this? something that could outright replace Pelier or Jera.

as for the limit, maybe it would stop converting once you've hit 64 EB? that way, you won't be able to fill your inventory with an absurd amount of emeralds.

11. Calluum

Calluum Cal CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I lootrun donating 512 emeralds to my guild over and over and over, Ignoring how insane this would be I want it.

12. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This would require countering in the form of extreme -hpr.

OR emeralds could finally be moved to a wallet/balance system instead of taking up inventory space. But I doubt it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.