Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Nerf Shaman (and Archer)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Emogla3, Mar 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Archer was generally considered the best class in the game until 1.19. There they nerfed it, and it wasn't AS strong anymore, but still powerful. Now, this isn't my main problem. It's Shaman.

Shaman is an extremely overpowered class. Myself I only played it from 1-40 (all quests, dungeons and boss altars), and stopped because the game got really boring. Why is this? Because Shaman was so OP that no bosses (other than Durum Protector) got turned into jokes.

Aura deals massive damage, you can easily switch your position to the other side of the arena with Haul, and Totem gives large regen inside of it.

I dueled a level 100+ Shaman multiple times, my opponent was new at the game, I was an old player, and no matter what, I could never win. Their totem gave such a massive regen, that i would've had to use my strongest spell combos to even kill them, and at the same time, if I ever stepped inside their totem, I would take constant damage, and get swept by an Aura, also locking me in place for seconds, for them to easily kill me.

Shaman needs a big nerf, and in the damage side in my opinion. It's damage should be nerfed to around the same level as Warrior's. Also, how can you call it the "most skill required" class, when you can throw a totem at an enemy group or a boss, and take out a massive chunk of their HP out with a 10 block (i think) radius from the totem, while at the same time pulling them towards the totem for easier hits and trapping them inside Prison, making melee bosses a joke.

That's it for Shaman. Even though Archer got nerfed, it's not quite enough. Making it more of a single-target class by reducing the basic attack's area damage and Bomb's area by a bit should do it.

And for Archer, I think the biggest nerf should be to Arrow Shield. In duels, it's near impossible to try to dash towards Archers with Vanish while they have this up. You'll take a lot of damage and get thrown away, just for them to finish you off with Arrow Storm of smthn.

Aiyria and ZockerCam like this.
  2. TS_potato

TS_potato Average kj main VIP+

Minecraft:
    Poll please

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  3. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The game isn't, and shouldn't be based around PVP. If you think a class is OP, that's fine, but from what I've seen, people are fairly happy with where the class balance is right now.

Also, every level 1-40 boss is a pushover with any class. It's fine if you think Shaman is OP, but saying that low level bosses are too easy isn't a great argument for nerfing a class.

Also also, just because somebody who's new to the game beat you, doesn't mean a class is OP, it might just be that they're better at the game, or at least better at their class than you are.

Also also also, you should probably get at least one class into the endgame (95+) before you start complaining about class balance.

*one of the classes you're complaining about

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  4. Emogla3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am guessing you didn't look at my stats, my assassin is 103 and I have completed every boss/quest/dungeon/challenge with it. My mage only has the highest total level because of professions.

Yes, bosses before CoW are easy, except for boss altars. I found Durum Protector, Rymek Luke and The Beast difficult at the correct level (second playthrough)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  5. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "I dueled a level 100+ Shaman multiple times, my opponent was new at the game, I was an old player, and no matter what, I could never win." - A level 100+ Shaman who's new to the game? Hmmm sounds a bit suspicious to me. Shaman can easily deal a lot of damage especially closer range but has poor defence, and at the same time Wynncraft combat requires little skill so it doesn't really matter who's played longer tbh.

"Myself I only played it from 1-40 (all quests, dungeons and boss altars)" - Level 1 to 40 isn't famed for being difficult tbh, also why did you stop if it was so easy XD, if anything that would have made me continue to crush everything even more.

"It's damage should be nerfed to around the same level as Warrior's" - Oh go away that would be stupid. Also, quite a small thing but something to remember for the future "it's" can only ever mean "it is", can't use the apostrophe there for belonging to, common mistake.

"most skill required class" - Hmmm, up for debate. Its main attack is probably the hardest to use imo

Dercky and Sg_Voltage like this.
  6. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    while the melee attack does force players to get within a dangerous distance, at the same time it really doesn't take that much skill to click r-l-l repeatedly with r-r-l every once in a while and win against nearly everything

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  7. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    That last point is my bad (I'll fix it), but the point still stands; You don't have very much experience with either of the classes you want to see nerfed.

As for CoW and boss alters, almost every boss in the game has a class which is strong against it. Mage (from my experience) is really good against CoW because of ice snake, but sucks against EO compared to other classes, especially archer. Each class has their own advantages and disadvantages against different bosses, so just because one class is strong against some early bosses doesn't mean that it's OP.

With that said, on a somewhat related note, if somebody who has tried EO with shaman could tell me how hard it is relative to other classes it would be great <3

StormKing3 likes this.
  8. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @GlassJarss for that eo question.
    Personally think shaman is to strong myself, mostly due to prison, which is effectively a win button against melee bosses, which is at least 50% of them.

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  9. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was talking about Shaman

Yeah the mobility spell is a tricky one, personally I don't like it but it can work very well to get onto ledges and things I think (haven't played Shaman much but read about them). Also, not to be a pain but "it's" can only ever mean "it is", annoys me when people make that mistake a lot.

Ice snake is actually really good against certain bosses yeah!

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  10. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah and so am i

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  11. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah right, when you said melee attack I automatically thought, you know melee attack. Like if you said ranged attack I would think archer but I guess you're going of off the incorrect Wynncraft stats so I can't blame you

Is prison another name for the uproot ability or is it a build or weapon?

12. Madkurre

Madkurre construction worker HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yo while i agree shaman is way too high-reward for the ease of its gameplay, i think a better approach to evening the playground would be to buff the weaker classes instead (spell warrior lol)
    bro it's been called melee since like the beginning of the game. the recent redub to "main attack" is even worse than "melee" as the meaning of it changes per-build/playstyle
    it's the white particle effect aura gets at its third upgrade, which traps mobs if they get too close to the totem

JaydonTheWarrior and Druser like this.
  13. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Well, PERSONALLY I much prefer main attack tbh. Thank you for answering me question btw

14. Emogla3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ok so I read everything etc. etc., but I want to make a comment on this. We're talking about 3 weeks of experience VS 2,5 years of experience (on the same class).

that person themselves told me these numbers, and I checked them from their stats, they were correct.

15. Aiyria

Aiyria sad HERO

Minecraft:
    if im being honest i definite;y agree
    i think that shaman is stupidly op right now and really should be nerfed
    i mean, im not going to push it on anyone in particular but i genuinely feel that shaman is really annoying, as is archer (i have a grudge ok? sorry idf you're archer or shaman, i have nothing against you but i have a (not really) unreasonably grudge against that class) especially seeing as it is APPARENTLY *the most skill based class*. it is in fact probably... the second easiest one, beaten by mage at easiest. you may look at my stats and see that i dont currently have a mage HOWEVER i do play for (carry) my brother a lot who is currently lv81 on his mage, so i am aware of the downsides of this class. uhhh... a bit off topic there. mage is good/balanced whatever. assassin is balanced. warrior needs buff more. archer needs a bit nerf. shaman need bigger nerf. aaannddd... i have a (not really) unreasonably grudge. did i miss anything? oh yeah. I did a bracket in a bracket (o my gosh how could you (i know right ( you did it again!! (its a triple... no make that quad (ruple?) bracket now! thats the fifth there! I can count yay!))))
    damn.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Emogla3 likes this.
  16. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    they could make the totem killable by mobs, like give it health and mobs stuck in its damage range attack it

17. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh? This is the first nerf shaman suggestion that I actually think is a good idea! This genuinely sounds like a good way of balancing out shaman.

18. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    Really doesn't...
    It's at a fine point right now in my opinion, and the other classes should probably honestly be rebalanced based around current assassin than anything else.

Emogla3 and JaydonTheWarrior like this.
  19. Emogla3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is probably the one comment I've ever seen in anything related to Wynncraft that I can relate the most to. (Assassin doesn't need a buff tho, maybe in the early stages of it)

20. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    While I agree that shaman is a bit stronger than it should be, if you can't do enough burst damage to kill them before regen kicks in, you're doing something wrong. And, as other people have noted, the game really shouldn't be balanced around PvP. Assassin and archer are incredibly strong in PvP, but if they were nerfed to a reasonable level, they'd probably be pretty useless in PvE. Likewise, buffing mage or shaman to be as good in PvP as they are in PvE would be... Well, as a mage main I'd be pretty happy, but as a person who respects balance... No.

In PvE though, the classes are pretty balanced, with some *cough* warrior *cough* being slightly worse and some being slightly better, like mage and shaman. But since you can solo pretty much anything with any class and any endgame boss is reasonably difficult (for Wynncraft) as any class without a good build, I'd have to say that they're all relatively fair. You can't just pick one as easy mode and have every challenge be trivial.

StormKing3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.