Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

This Game Is Broken.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by KingHenry, Mar 26, 2020.

Tags:
?

Does range need balance?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    68.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingHenry

KingHenry Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Wynncraft is insanely broken from the moment you spawn in. Archers and mages can only use ranged weapons, warriors and assassins can only use melee. This leads to ranged enemies obliterating melee classes before they can get close. Ranged enemies have a really high fire rate a lot of the time which lets bosses and enemies with ranged attacks kill them before they get close. Take the Wrath of the Mummy quest, where the boss can spawn minions and also has a fast, high damaging ranged attack. You can run in circles around it for as long as possible but it still can both teleport and inflict slowness. Oh, and it can teleport. Also take the area around Llevigar- with the orc camps and such. There are Goblin sharpshooters and the orcs that throw axes. These aren't as bad because they're pretty low damage but when trying to farm the area or even clear up the camps they just mess you up. Please nerf ranged enemies (lowering fire rate, decreasing spawn rates) or give assassins and warriors a ranged weapon (a throwing knife, even).

TalkingKittyCat likes this.
  2. MegidoGamerGod

MegidoGamerGod megido >gamer< god GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I definitely agree ranged attacks are pretty unfair right now and generally just an annoying and unfun thing to deal with, but I wouldn't say they're broken OP. if you strategize better and make use of your mobility spells you'll be able to get by taking only a few hits. Warrior is the one class that I'd say is terrible with dealing with ranged attacks, but it's incredible tankiness makes it *passable* with them until you get stunlocked. just make an effort to kill the ranged goons better, and if you can't then you could always opt for a tank build with lots of AGI and walkspeed. overall though, I hope ranged attacks get changed or classes are given better ways with dealing with them skillfully.

KingHenry and That_Chudley like this.
  3. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They balanced it by making the two melee classes more tanky, but what I don't see is why the 2/3 of the ranged classes have such a high damage output. They have such high range and high damage that the low defence won't do much at all. Firstly, Shaman needs a BIG nerf. Archer is more of a single-target class, so it's high damage is a bit more seeable, but Shaman literally has the best crowd control in the game. After you get Prison, ALL melee bosses turn into a joke. They should nerf ranged or give melee classes a better way to counter them (Sure, Assassin can Vanish, but Warrior)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    KingHenry likes this.
  4. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    Sounds like ur using underlevelled/bad gear

5. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    now that i think about it, the op probably does. Getting close to ranged mobs as melee class isn't that hard actually.

6. RoSeNur

RoSeNur Warrior cultist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I say gib warrior a shield lol, that has always been a means for melee to avoid ranged dmg, why this game doesn't have such a common medieval attribute?

1tommyhill likes this.
  7. Uberyang

Uberyang Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    dude, you are just bad at the game with horrible gears and skills. I know you don't like to hear it, but it's truth

8. blank1234567890

blank1234567890 Lorekeeper

Minecraft:
    Your playtime is only 28 hours and you only have a level 50 assassin, usually people make suggestions once they have had at-least one level 90. Try finding better gear and weapons before suggesting a suggestion that has been suggested well over ten times.

(edit: mage is actually a pretty hard class, depending on your build you have to do even the easiest of boss fights with a group of friends or a party of users.)

9. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bro guys wtf is this
    op has 28 hours of playtime and has only played a melee class
    it's one of those "grass is greener" situations

Emogla3 likes this.
  10. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "suggestion that has been suggested well over ten times." - In his defense I've only ever seen this once before to be fair

That's one way of saying it XD

Yeah, they can defininitely be annoying, especially at lower levels and even more especially for warrior, try to charge them and then tank them down. At later levels monsters aren't as difficult when you get better gear :)

bro guys wtf please don't comment unless you have something which adds to the conversation

11. blank1234567890

Minecraft:
    9 times including yours, I have been lurking here since before my forums account. Anyways, level up more and get to know game lore and gameplay a bit before suggesting a large change like this again please.

12. _oroka

_oroka Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    hmmm... after leveling assassin to level 106, I will respectfully disagree.
    Possibly with warrior it can be a PITA, but assassin has vanish. Vanish fucks the hell out of ranged mobs, assuming you can right-click 3 times... imo this should be named "make warrior not shit". Especially at such a low level, level 40, if you are getting obliterated by ranged mobs, you should just get better gear and get good :thonk:

Also, the point of assassin and warrior is that they are more bulky, melee classes, so giving them a throwing knife would completely break the class

KingHenry likes this.
  13. KingHenry

Minecraft:
    That's fair- and as a guy who's new I might not understand everything but I get where you're coming from. I can use vanish and it's the main way I get close to those mobs and it's not like I can't take them out, it's more that I'm annoyed with how the odds are stacked. Archers don't have to get good at level 40 because they get those ranged weapons that deal high damage. Also, ranged enemies are just a pain to deal with. I don't die to them, really, but when dealing with enemies that have that range and an insane fire rate, dealing with them is such a pain and it makes the game feel un-fun. I have good gear (2000 health) and I'm using two legendary weapons as my mains (Influence dagger w/ two fire powder IV's and a Stabsand with Tier IV Air powder). I'm way stronger and better than my friend who's an archer but he surfs through the game way easier then me.

Also, this is really off topic but I'm looking for a good farming spot for my level- any suggestions?
    But like I said in my reply to _oroka, my problem really isn't getting close or even dealing with them- it's how the odds are stacked. I use vanish and my spells and all that but dealing with them is un-fun and annoying. I have fine gear (at least I think so lmao) and I use good weapons (can do up to 400 damage with one hit) but I find myself driven away by how much of a difference there is in class difficulty levels. That archer friend of mine lures a ton of mobs (specifically those spiders outside of Llevigar) under a tree, hops into the tree and open fire on the mobs below. He can straight up leave something heavy on his mouse and walk away. He leveled up way faster than me because he could go to higher level areas and just do that. However, I was a bit impassioned when I wrote that first post, I will admit.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    MegidoGamerGod likes this.
  14. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    holy fucking shit this might be the first time i agree with you

assassin is in an extremely good spot right now, and could definitely argued to be the best class
    mostly due to vanish being buffed for 80% bonus damage, which makes a ton of assassin builds have extraordinary damage along with good survivability

yeah, warrior is shit, and thus, it is the most skill reliant class, despite the fact that it only has like 2 spell combos
    archer's problem, along with shaman and mage, is that they are far less bulky than assassin or warrior, and thus, if something DOES get close to them, they will be much more likely to die than a warrior or shaman

melee classes have more consistency in fights, because if a range class gets sneaked up on it gets fucked, but assassins and warriors can survive that

the problem with fast firing mobs is for many classes, because later in the game, most of the arenas are fairly clear of obstructions, and thus, there is little any class-- except assassin-- can do to hide from the attacks.

archer is really good at lower levels in comparison to melee classes imo, but late game they tend to equal out (except for warrior which is absolute shit)

for your level, ~50, i'd suggest ember cave for grinding

15. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    I think your problem here sounds like you don't like how assassin plays as a class, what about switching to mage or archer and seeing if you like it better? You don't NEED to continue with your class or anything, and getting to lvl40 isn't a that bad if you move over your stuff from your current class to your new one

16. KingHenry

Minecraft:
    I totally get where you're coming from and I'm looking at it from a low level view where things are a lot harder - and thanks for the farming suggestion.

17. cirogg

cirogg Detlas AFK Gang HERO

Minecraft:
    The state of the game definitely favors ranged classes, but I think it's not flat out broken because from a ranged vs melee perspective, you have options to deal with situations. I agree it's a bit hard at lower levels, but eventually melee classes get tools to deal with ranged classes a little more easily. Whether that's innate tankiness or the fact that vanish is very good, it's possible to outplay the other type of class archetypes in most situations.

Emogla3 and KingHenry like this.
  18. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Unfortunately for you I didn't suggest this

Yeah I agree, vanish is very useful against ranged monsters

Personally I don't think Warrior is THAT much worse than the other classes, he's still good enough to play through the huge bulk of the game quite easily. Legendary island to solo is where it gets tricky

19. blank1234567890

Minecraft:
    oh I thought you were the poster for a second, that is a bit embarassing lmao, sorry about that.

20. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You see.. Once Pokemon was a fun Game because it was hard and you needed a good team of Pokemon and some strategy. Nowadays the game is so easy that its not fun at all. In my opinion wynn needs to get a little harder, not easier. If you want it easy I recommend using Mage.

Rothboy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.