Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Server Lag And Optional Server Ideas

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Kuzmik, Mar 24, 2020.

Tags:
?

Are you currently experiencing lag and want to fix it?

1. No, Its fine

24.0%
  2. Yes

44.0%
  3. Yes, EXTREME LAG

32.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuzmik

Kuzmik Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Hello, Im Kuzmik and today I would like to explain a certain of a problem and how I think this could be fixed. Recently because the corona-virus has been striking down on most of the population and Wynncraft has been my solution to my boredom.

The lag recently on the Wynncraft servers have been a problem, im sure everyone has experienced this is some way possible, its almost unplayable and it makes the server unappealing to new players that are joining.

A way to fix or resolve this issue would be to add OCE servers since EU players and US players have the main servers and also because OCE servers are between the two current ones I feel like it would be a good fix to this issue.

Sorry for being a nonsense but please fix this issue.

Wynncraft is getting increasingly more lag. I have a few ideas how to resolve this issue.

-Make dedicated P2W servers for less lag

-Have an OCE Proxy

- Limit the players due to a rank, lowest meaning harder to get in and highest being instant, but players with ranks can join in but takes longer.

Reply back on this thread if this sounds like a good idea to you, If not please leave your opinion in the comments

Make Wynncraft Great Again

Omnivi, UnknownGamer21 and Treez like this.
  2. UnknownGamer21

UnknownGamer21 Vip+ HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this is good post i approve

Treez likes this.
  3. Treez

Treez smoke weed everyday

Minecraft:
    oi fix the lag c*** I cant escape the corona virus (aka the rot) and I need wynncraft to survive this horrible atrocity , AND I cant play cuz its laaaaaaaaag

Dream likes this.
  4. MegidoGamerGod

MegidoGamerGod megido >gamer< god GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    salted said the lag is the #1 thing concerning him right now and the admins are actively trying to fix it. OCE servers would not solve the lag issues for US or EU players, since it's wynncrafts host itself that's causing the lag. I'm sure everyone wants the lag gone but the solutions you provided wouldn't really fix anything and could in some cases just hurt the server with no benefits (other than maybe extra money for a host.)

Epicness937, MrYoghurt2004 and 3: like this.
  5. i1i1wow

i1i1wow 5th ID of Altum Spatium was good CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I also agree; the server situation right now is not very good. I can manage to have decent gameplay, but I know people that normally cannot.

Maronee likes this.
  6. Treez

Treez smoke weed everyday

Minecraft:
    EVERYONE LOVES EXTRA MONEY C***

7. UnknownGamer21

UnknownGamer21 Vip+ HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It would have an effect since it would make the servers less crowded plus it would be a third option for both servers since it would have similar ping to the other two depending on where u are from.

Maronee likes this.
  8. MegidoGamerGod

MegidoGamerGod megido >gamer< god GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the lag is caused by the host itself, I'm not sure if servers being less crowded would change anything but then again I'm not fully informed on the whole lag issue and neither are most others. the cause for the lag is stated here https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/the-cause-of-the-mass-lag-said-by-salted-himself.264275/. EU servers did not fix the network lag so I severely doubt OCE servers would as well.

M3G4W3R7Y and 3: like this.
  9. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    This would most propably break EULA. You cant have anything except cosmetics and some minor things for real money.

Emogla3 and MrYoghurt2004 like this.
  10. M3G4W3R7Y

M3G4W3R7Y winner of third annual atlas games wooooooo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    pretty sure these would violate minecrafts eula

Emogla3, StormKing3 and MrYoghurt2004 like this.
  11. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "- Limit the players due to a rank, lowest meaning harder to get in and highest being instant, but players with ranks can join in but takes longer."

"-Make dedicated P2W servers for less lag"

These are terrible ideas and probably go against EULA, also the poll is extremely bias and not at all an indication of how many people liked your ideas

Only server I can think of which does this is 2b2t

Emogla3 likes this.
  12. colin350

colin350 The Best Admin (duh) HERO CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Hi there,

Yesterday, our EU region got a hardware update. I have been able to connect and get reasonable ping from NA on an EU world during peak hour.
    NA region is still on the old host and is still in the process of a hardware upgrade. No date on when NA will be fully upgraded. All lobbies and all war servers are in the NA region which is why there still may be noticeable lag in the lobbies/wars.

The goal is not to make our servers "pay to play". We want to be "free to play". We've been having trouble with our hardware in the past and as of late with the COVID-19 virus (unpredictable for that matter), our hardware is extremely and noticeably stressed. Ideally with an hardware upgrade, most of the lag will go away.

With any game/server you connect to, lag will always be a thing. Something is never lag free.

13. Kuzmik

Kuzmik Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.