Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Simple Fix For Lag From 2x Exp Events

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Chres, Jan 27, 2020.

?

Agree or disagree?

1. Agree

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Disagree

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chres

Chres Noob

After seeing a plethora of people complaining on Discord about the lag this past double experience weekend event has caused, I figured I would put forth the most simple solution to preventing this kind of thing from happening, which would also make these events more enjoyable and accessible as well.

The problem: having two or three days of straight double experience across the entire server will inevitably lead to an influx of players, which causes the server to be unplayable due to lag by an unreasonable amount of people. Enough people to warrant changing how these events function.

The solution: instead of what we have now, just give everyone who logs in during these events a number of personal experience/loot bombs which last for 2 hours each. These bombs will expire after a week or two, maybe a month, as to prevent people from hoarding them.

Players would not receive the amount of bombs which would last the entire length of an event. For instance, if it was a two day event, 48 hours worth of bombs would not be given out. Only 20 at most. The reasoning behind this is that no one would even be spending the entire 48 hours grinding to begin with, and if that amount of double experience/loot is given out and made more accessible, it would not be balanced. If I had to estimate, I would say that during double experience events, no one spends more than half of that time on the server grinding.

Handing out personal double experience/loot bombs to everyone instead of blanketing the entire server in double lag would lead to everyone being able to space out when they take part in the event, lessening the strain on the server by a considerable amount. These new personal bombs will function like the event multiplier, which means you will receive 3x experience if someone throws a world-wide experience or loot bomb.

If you have anything to add or see something you don't like, please let me know. I am open to all feedback.

Thank you for reading my suggestion,
    -Chris

---

Edit;

I just feel like clarifying that these bombs which would be given out to everyone would only boost the experience of whoever used it. Additionally I feel like mentioning that depending on how long these bombs take to expire (not after being used, but just after being acquired) it would heavily spread out the mass of players which come back to participate in double exp events, which would greatly decrease the lag as well as make grinding spots a bit more accessible for everyone.

If you disagree with this proposal, please let me know why if you have time.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  2. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Sounds exactly like Hypixel's boosters

3. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This wouldn't lead to as many people buying bombs and hosting parties which is what dxp weekend is all about. Granted the lag is absolutely terrible and I think that fixing lag on servers should be wynncrafts number 1 priority but this isn't a fix for that because the servers have been trying to die even without dxp weekend.

Mox gang uwu likes this.
  4. Mox gang uwu

Mox gang uwu Professional Loser CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    These servers have been lasting for 7-8 hours long without a break, it's like they're chinese factory workers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.