Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Introducing Carrying Bags

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by HyenaPlayGames, Apr 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HyenaPlayGames

HyenaPlayGames Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Since the introduction of the Shulkerbox in 1.11 the inventory space was never the same, we could finally have backpacks in-game without mods.

So I was thinking that could be nice to introduce backpack into the game since inventory space is a problem when 7 slots are being occupied by non-droppable items, and potions are non-stackable, looting becomes a problem when you find a full loot-chest.

The idea is to have differently sized backpacks that you can purchase or find in loot-chests. That also could improve the bank box, allowing easy organization.

Each backpack would have a level that would determine how many slots would have.

We could also have item-specific backpacks, like one what you can only story potions inside.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    SUPER M and kingslayer296 like this.
  2. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    someone make a thread compiling all backpack suggestions

Epicness937, Druser and Bart (MC) like this.
  3. kingslayer296

kingslayer296 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    delicious. finally, some good f ing backpacks

4. HyenaPlayGames

HyenaPlayGames Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    What do you mean with combine horses?

5. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The only backpack suggestion I will support is for unrefined materials, especially going back to lower level gathering you can just get stacks and stacks clogging up your inventory. Would make the carrying maximum make a lot more sense as well, lore-wise.

Backpacks really aren't necessary, you get 21 bank pages, of which half can be bought very quickly. You also never need to keep a lot of items in your inventory, making backpacks save a walk to the nearest bank at best, and almost useless at worst.
    (oh, if you want to be serious about suggestion, make a poll for people to vote on, flesh your idea out more than you've done here, and perhaps add a demonstration)

bx2099 and kingslayer296 like this.
  6. Venomelf

Venomelf Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    cool idea, how a bout a soul satchel, it has 5 slots but any item within it has a 0% drop rate on death, that way you can save valuable resources or items for a quest and no worry about dying and having to re collect them

7. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    The most valuable items don't drop on death until you get to like 1 soul point, which is really low, idk why you'd be running around with that. anyway more common items drop even at higher soul points, so tbh that's what i would use this for and that isn't what it's meant for so ehh

8. kingslayer296

kingslayer296 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    as in, everytime you die, NOTHING that was in the bag, stays in the bag no matter what soul points you have, which is an idea i kinda like.
    example: Tom has just found two t1 backpacks with 3 slots each. by combining them in a crafting grid, Tom gets a t2 backpack with 5 slots.

9. Venomelf

Venomelf Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    well i have found myself in the situation where i need to collect some ordiary items halfway across the world, but before i can deliver them i get killed and drop some of them forcing me to go back and recollect. also it can be a pain to lose unrefined ores hat you just finished grinding in the hopes of getting a three star ingot and having to go back and re-grind

10. Panyadas

Panyadas noah VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I could see this doing well! I do believe that you shouldn’t receive one until you are a level. Since that you shouldn’t be able to carry a backpack at level 1. Of course I don’t have all the answers, so I don’t know how they would implement this into the game, but other then that... I really enjoy this idea!

11. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    backpacks could easily use the off-hand as a slot in 1.12.

12. OGK

OGK The Grader CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Not the first time seeing this suggestion, no disrespect at all. But I can agree that with the latest addition to minerals, tools, and accessories, I can only assume (if you go with the 2 main tools being Pick and Axe), your weapons, and maybe a potion or two as well as possibly a Mana Potion. This alone takes up 10 Slots of inventory space, which you basically need. The more debatable ones are the Pick, Axe, and Potions, but you do certainly need your weapons, as well as ways to avoid your death, so yeah, I can see this being added.

I do wish to see on your ideas on what the backpacks are, for basics, you can have this set-up:
    -Bag Name
    -Level of Bag
    -Number of Slots

With this basic amount of information, could they be stacked into each other? (This is obviously no, but that is for those who do ask and are concerned.) And how many bags can you have at a time? Mainly to avoid having nearly an infinite amount of space to where spacing out your items and choosing which ones to keep or let go are still relevant. Sometimes, the difficulty is needed for the game as well as decisions.

One more thing I will like to bring up is that you said you could find them in loot-chests or you could purchase them. This is a bit of an off-putting thing as I can just go Loot-Chest grinding (as relevant as it still kinda is) and find a free bag that is potentially better than the one I bought for X E/EB/LE. I suggest either dropping one or the other, go a bit into detail of saying why you should purchase a bag rather than running around to find one.

Besides that, the suggestion, in my opinion, does need to become at least relevant to the developers/CT as inventory space now is becoming scarily scarce and now adventuring is 10x the hassle as you constantly need to dump those rare items/materials into a bank, not letting you get very far from time to time.

Thank you for taking the time of reading this and...

Have a Good Day!
    -OGK

ParkourTNT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.