Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Crafting Is Too Complicated

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thonck, Mar 2, 2019.

?

Do you think crafting is too complicated?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    82.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thonck

Thonck I Need the Yopyop Sauce VIP

Minecraft:
    I feel like the crafting system is a tad bit too complicated. First, you need to gather the materials, then refine them, then finally craft them. But you have to worry about inventory space, the inventory material limit, finding refineries, and finding crafting stations. I'm okay with keeping the crafting stations, but I think some things are a bit unnecessary.

Why does there need to be an inventory material limit? It doesn't really have a purpose besides forcing you to stop at a bank once it's full. I think this feature should be scrapped or reworked entirely.

You shouldn't have to refine materials at a refining station. It's just a nascence. Maybe refining can be done in the inventory. The 4x4 crafting box in your inventory can serve as a refinery. In the top boxes, you have information about refining, and in the bottom boxes, you can put materials. The bottom left box can give wheat string, and the bottom right box can give wheat grains, for example. Or maybe instead, there could be a universal refining station that could refine all materials.

There's not much that can be done about inventory space. Maybe the tier 2 and 3 versions of gathering materials can be scrapped, but maybe that's a stretch. Maybe in the next update we can use backpacks, which would definitely fix the inventory issues.

This was a lot, but it's been on my mind for a while. Thought I'd give my honest feedback on crafting. Still love the server though!

NotFunny likes this.
  2. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    Backpacks (or some sort of storage) are planned, believe it or not. Anyways, I don't think it's too complicated per session, but I do agree that the weight system deserves a rework. Not removal, just a rework.

3. captanredbeard

captanredbeard Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I agree that crafting is rather tedious (just finding items is easier) but the complexity makes it fun (in a strange way) Yes crafting needs to be refined but it should not be too simple

4. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    It's a bit complex, I agree. The goal was to make the whole process multiple steps so that players are encouraged to trade instead of doing everything solo. It works well in the late game imo where crafted items are worth the trouble and players tend to spend more time trading. But in the mid-lower levels it's a bit hard and regular items are just too easy to get compared to crafted ones. We have some ideas to improve it, but I feel it will be a relatively longer process where we keep improving crafting (and especially low level crafting) over the course of the year.

Asthae, RazorGuild, Jukol and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.