Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World ✧ Grade Ⅳ &Ⅴ Spell Upgrades ✧ [649 Supporters, 313 Likes, 95% Positive] Salted Supports!4

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by WynncraftNarwhal, Jul 15, 2016.

?

Do you want this in Wynncraft?

1. Yes, totally! (+1)

481 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. Sure, but with some tweaks. (+1)

174 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Eh, needs major changes.

25 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. Nope. Just no. NEVAAAAARRRR!

11 vote(s)
    1.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gearsalt_Mark

Gearsalt_Mark Travelling Merchant CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I REALLY want this to happen so bad

2. Slifer

Slifer Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    That would be nice!

Gearsalt_Mark likes this.
  3. Insecurities

Insecurities Death is the only constant

Guild:
    Mage's heal is incredibly powerful. If we take into account that you could easily get 20k health with the right builds, soul siphon would do 10% of your current health, which is 2000. Now I don't know how many ticks these heals have, but this is what happens.

If this only happens once in a heal: 2000 damage for barely any mana AND extra heal at the same time

If this status is applied every tick of the heal: 6000 Damage and ^

If either happens, this is still OP.

4. WynncraftNarwhal

WynncraftNarwhal Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I'm very forgetful, sorry for the late reply. I'll try to tone back Mage's heal.

5. rainbowcraft2

rainbowcraft2 Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I feel like the levels that you get the upgrades stack too much. You'll be upgrading 2 tiers at once with the current scaling. Split it between every 5 levels. I'd like to give an example but I'm on mobile and cannot very well format it.

6. Flam

Flam Dumb fox, 67 iq. Mage of Light, eh.

Minecraft:
    I like this suggestion.

I have always felt we needed some extra upgrades. However, I think these suggestions you're making would create quite a huge power creep.

I also think they shouldn't be given for free.

7. WynncraftNarwhal

Minecraft:
    What sort of price would you suggest?
    Also accompanying the update would most likely be an enemy revamp.

8. Muchwag

Muchwag Don’t call me Poliwhirl! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    maybe nerf them a little, they seem too strong

9. Flam

Flam Dumb fox, 67 iq. Mage of Light, eh.

Minecraft:
    I don't know. Some emeralds for the first 3 weapon upgrades, Nii Runes and some LE for the Tier 4 upgrades and Uth Runes and some LE for the Tier 5 upgrades? It'd be a bit too bland, yeah, but that's an easy way to do it.

Another, albeit harder, way to accomplish this would be adding some kind of "quest" or some kind of rune for the T4+ upgrades that needs EXP from monsters to level, granting an upgrade to a skill of your choice of a given tier.

Also, I'd make some changes, mostly tune things down and change some things, such as, for example, making Grade 5 upgrades pretty unique. I also would like to see weapon upgrades to have some extra depth, such as giving unique bonuses at grades 3 and 5. I don't know, but something like:

Archer:

Bow Upgrades:
    - Grade 1: unchanged;
    - Grade 2: +Faster Projectiles: arrows are 20% faster;
    - Grade 3: +Acrobatics: hitting an enemy with an arrow gives additional 10% chance to evade attacks and spells for 2 seconds;
    - Grade 4: Marksman's damage per block changed to 1%; Faster Projectiles' bonus is increased to 50%;
    - Grade 5: +Piercing Shots: arrows from attacks and spells can pierce enemies once.

Arrow Storm:
    - Grade 4: unchanged, I really like this idea;
    - Grade 5: +Homing Arrows: shoots a arrow which cannot pierce. If it hits an enemy, it is marked and all subsequent arrows will fly towards it as long as the player can see it and they take an additional 0.5% damage per arrow hit in the last 2 seconds. If it doesn't hit an enemy, Homing Arrows' effect is not activated.

Escape:
    - Grade 4: +Evasive Maneuvers: evades the next attack or spell. Additionally, Escape grants an additional 5% chance to evade attacks and spells for 2 seconds;
    - Grade 5: I'd change its debuff to 15% and its duration to 3s. I really like this as well;

Bomb:
    - Grade 4: +Flaming Shots: enemies hit burn for 2 seconds for 10% of the damage each second;
    - Grade 5: +<some cool name>: Bomb's radius is increased by 1 block, is reduced by 1 block every second bounce, deals 15% reduced damage per bounce and can hit enemies up to three times;

Arrow Shield:
    - Grade 4: +Toxic Rain: the rain's arrows are tipped with poison, slowing enemies hit by 60% for 2s;
    - Grade 5: +Deflect: blocks and deflects the next projectile.

Mage:

Wand Upgrades:
    - Grade 1: +Arcane Range: basic attacks can hit and spells can target monsters 2 block further away;
    - Grade 2: +Weakening Blasts: basic attacks make monsters take 5% increased damage and deal 5% reduced damage for 3 seconds;
    - Grade 3: +Harness the Void: basic attacks grant +1/4s Mana Steal and +1/4s Mana Regen for 3 seconds;
    - Grade 4: Arcane Range's bonuses are doubled; Weakening Blasts' effectiveness increased by 25%;
    - Grade 5: +Equilibrium: casting the same spell twice make them heal and deal 30% reduced damage, but casting different spells make them heal and deal 20% more damage.

Heal:
    - Grade 4: I think Soul Siphon is a bit too overpowered. +Protective Ward: reduces damage taken by 20% for 2 seconds and blinds attackers for 1 second;
    - Grade 5: +Greater Healing: Heal has two additional pulses and the delay between each pulse is halved, but pulses have 33% reduced healing. Additionally, Heal's radius is increased by 1 block;

Teleport:
    - Grade 4: perfect;
    - Grade 5: perfect as well;

Meteor:
    - Grade 4: +Crushing Rock: a second and much smaller meteor falls a second after the first one, dealing 20% of its damage in a two block radius. Enemies on fire take double damage from this;
    - Grade 5: holy cow, it'd be amazing. I love it;

Ice Snake:
    - Grade 4: I think Ice Spires would be a bit too op. +Hypothermia: enemies frozen by Ice Snake are permanently slowed by 10% and deal 10% less damage;
    - Grade 5: perfect. I always felt like we needed it to be slightly bigger anyway. Additionally, deals triple damage to enemies on fire.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  10. WynncraftNarwhal

Minecraft:
    Small updates, changed some stuff by Flam's recommendations.

11. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I remember this idea from a long time ago, a golden age of wynn lol

still a good idea

12. WynncraftNarwhal

Minecraft:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.