Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Food And Stamina (+with Details!)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Jbip, Apr 27, 2018.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes!

70.5%
  2. Could work with tweaks

22.3%
  3. No!

7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ActualAnthonino

ActualAnthonino SkyBlock Prisoner

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    FINE!

Steamed Clams 20E

Effect:

-
    Effect: Indigestion
    - Duration: 20 Minutes
    - Well Fed: 3 Minutes

Steamed clams are great for fighting, thus giving you 15% more damage, but the shell doesn't go down well, meaning you are slowed by 20%.

I've never had steamed clams before, but this is saying you ATE THE SHELL as well, why?
    WELL WHY NOT?!

2. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Gonna answer to some comments:

The hearty effect is pretty classic, but it's more of a mix between normal food and stamina boost effect! It would still add more diversity though, so with a big well fed effect (like in your hearty stew) I believe it'd work well!

The "light stamina" sounds good, but it may be underpowered, there's no real reason to use this instead of the Stamina effect unless you really lower that well fed effect

I really like the energetic effect, maybe even more than my Exhaustion effect. It's really original, nice job!

This is kind of a reverted Exhaustion effect: recharge faster with a downside after. But this kind of food is what would make the game easier as it lasts a long time and has quite a big impact. It does cost a lot though, which is a good thing.

rainbowcraft2 likes this.
  3. ActualAnthonino

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you like it?

4. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i like it because it adds diversity, but if you think about it it's basically my exhaustion thing
    also it should get a nerf imo, 10 minutes of better sprint bar may be too much

5. ActualAnthonino

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nerfed!

6. rainbowcraft2

rainbowcraft2 Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    The way it works is the reverse of the Hearty stamina.
    Light stamina doesn't last as long, but you can eat the foods more.

7. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    I think this needs to be bumped as of the new salted berry post, and the fact that ”tasty” in the title may refer to the fact the berries may be edible

Jbip and Tsuneo like this.
  8. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the general idea of this, but the main issue is what I've seen a few people already say is the fact that you are meant to manage your sprint bar accordingly and that's the main point of it.
    I will say though, it'd be perfectly fine as long as the effects don't get to out of control to the point where it becomes a huge game changing technique to accomplish something, such as using
    skill pots

9. Deadmite

Deadmite Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I'm thinking there could be a cooking pot around places where you could craft food like in LOZ BoTW

10. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I expected it to be more of a quality of life thing to run around easily, while the well fed effect makes it useable in combat but once per fight (depending on what you use)

That would actually be a lot cooler!

11. Mama Shrimp

Mama Shrimp Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Responding to Jbip &

few EBs? this should cost like the horse, or even more​
    [/QUOTE]
    Remember Elves hate greed, it's an essential part of Gavel lore. If it's added, instead of trading it for money, it should likely be exchanged for an item or service.

12. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Remember Elves hate greed, it's an essential part of Gavel lore. If it's added, instead of trading it for money, it should likely be exchanged for an item or service.[/QUOTE]
    Very true, that detail went over my head, nice job catching that. It could easily be an item you get from a rare monster (Unicorn in light forest? that could be cool) or that you buy in some other area like Ahmsord or something

13. yellowscreen

Minecraft:
    Elves hate greed, but they still use money. Why else would you be offered money for the boots at the end of secrets I, I know the embassy made that test but there's probably a reason for them having a treasury. I mean, how else would they buy stuff from outside the valley? They can't be self-sufficent.

14. Muchwag

Muchwag Don’t call me Poliwhirl! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When you have the extra stamina you could make what ever color on top of the green then when they run out then your real stamina goes away

15. yellowscreen

Minecraft:
    It’s balance.
    You aren’t meant to sprint 24/7, but your sprint bar is really small, so well fed is the middleground

16. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just like @Bluescreen said, it's all about balancing stuff. I don't want food to be carried like a player always carry potions, I wanted it to be optional. The sprint bar is pretty good and I think adding food would add more depth to it, but being able to eat any type of food without any downside would make the player able to sprint infinitely, and it will add weird gameplay where the player will always run, fight, switch to food to eat it, constantly

17. yellowscreen

Minecraft:
    Buuuuuuump hope i dont get any likes on this one so i can delete it after someone replies, bumping this thread so this post becomes useless
    Edit: OH COME ON

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  18. bluepenguin1002

bluepenguin1002 Waddling penguin

Minecraft:
    Anythings better than that horrid sprint bar.
    +1

Jbip likes this.
  19. Def

Def uwu CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly it's a nice idea. Maybe this could tie in with Salted's berry screenshot thing

Jbip likes this.
  20. yellowscreen

Minecraft:
    Bump/ hey this idea still relevant.

Also, have you thought of making food on a campfire (scattered around the map), as in you find a campfire, you drop in the ingridients/access a gui and put them in, then you get nothing if the recipe wasn’t a recipe, and if it was, get the item, an EXP reward if it was the first time cooking that food, and an extra section in the quest book where the recepies you have found are placed?

Example messages:
    That was an invalid recipe! The ingridients have been wasted!
    -1 rotten flesh -1 potato

You aren’t high enough level for that recepie! The ingridients have been returned!

You cooked fish and chips
    -1 fish, -1 potato
    +1 fish and chips
    (3 stamina over 5 seconds, 10 second well fed)
    As this was your first time cooking this food, you have recived 50 exp and the recipie is now visible in your quest book!

Recipie: fish and chips
    1 fish, 1 potato in a campfire
    Effects: 3 stamina
    Duration: 5 seconds
    Well fed: 10 seconds
    These delicious pieces of fish, mixed with potato chips, are a quick but filling meal.

What do you think?

FinnDestren, Tsuneo and Jbip like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.