Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Slow/prevent Inflation

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by NoobDoesMC, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoobDoesMC

NoobDoesMC Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    If inflation isn't already a problem it will become one as more and more players start becoming higher-levelled.

Therefore I think high level players should be affected by some kind of regular emerald "taxations" for ... being more likely to have lots of money.

I had a few ideas how this could be done as naturally as possible:

• Horse owners need to pay for feed for their horse regularly. The higher the horse, the more expensive the feed. Maybe brown horses don't even need it because they can just eat grass or something.
    • Very high-level equipment should have regular maintenance costs. Or add durability on equipment, and you need to pay to repair (lower level players upgrade equipment faster than higher levels, so I see this sapping up higher-levels' banks).
    • Storing items in a bank could cost X emeralds per page per day in which the bank is accessed.

I think Khaps had a great idea for the horses:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  2. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Timothy is that you?
    No but seriously this is really bad idea. It just punishes players from owning a lot of good items and emeralds. I don't even think it's a good money sink.

NITEHAWKX, mouldy, dukioooo and 7 others like this.
  3. NoobDoesMC

Minecraft:
    I don't see it as a punishment.

More like "well yeah, duh, of course my horse has to eat good food to stay strong and healthy."

Or "yeah, it's obvious that armor needs maintaining and blades need sharpening after fights."

I think inflation is gonna be a problem, everyone is getting richer and no one is getting poorer. Do you know of other ways to fix this?

4. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    ”Oops i went on hiatus for a while, and ready to play wynn again”
    ”Whats this? Pay 3 staxs or you cant use stuff? But i only have 20le, i spent it all on horses and gear”

Yeah no. This would only lead to pentions, riots and a massive decreace in playtime.
    It would end up being removed, but people will still be unhappy as they had to already pay/ couldn’t play for a while.

In terms you understand:
    NOT FUN AND UNFAIR. NO.

5. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If the bank page thing is added, it will be terrible for players that take breaks, do not play daily, or just come back, just to see the debt they racked up from not paying the emeralds to hold the items.

6. NoobDoesMC

Minecraft:
    You're right.

I was just throwing out possible ideas.

I'd prefer readers to think about "slowing and preventing inflation" more than the specific ideas I put down.

7. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Everybody is thinking about slowing/preventing infltion all the time, becouse it's a mojor problem. You don't need to remind us with bad ideas for doing so.

blankman likes this.
  8. NoobDoesMC

Minecraft:
    I think my ideas are good.

9. Corrupted_Night

Corrupted_Night Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Not agreeing with this with following reasons:
    1.Players already have to pay a lot for what they get, it is unreasonable to ask them to pay even more just to maintain what they get.
    (About 70 LE for a white horse in trade market, 7 LE for bank page 11, and some more LE for the armor/weapons/accessories)

2.As @Bluescreen said, what can the players who once gone do when they come back and cannot afford the taxes during their departure?
    (They mostly cannot afford the taxes because they do not have any income at that time and most of them are gone for months or even longer)

3.It discourages players to try out other class because they have to pay more to keep the builds of other classes working.
    (4 Armor + 4 Accessories + 1 Weapon per class , do I have to pay 4 times more because I just want to try every class once?)

The question is, is inflation actually happening?
    Using the results of Lotem's social experiment, more than 50% players have <=1 stack LE and about 80% players have less than <= 3 stacks LE.
    (Link: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/lotems-giveaway-winners-that-social-experiment-thingy.221625/)
    It seems that players are not as rich as you think

blankman likes this.
  10. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think you should only add the horse feed and add durability to items.

11. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Inflation is a huge and very real problem, especially in MMOs. While Lotem’s survey is credible, it doesn’t say anything about prices, which is what inflation is really about. It’s an inevitable trend, no matter how many money sinks you have. The only realistic option at this point is to just switch to a different currency.

SUPER M likes this.
  12. Spinel

Spinel Pronounced Spin-nell, not Spine-el VIP+

Minecraft:
    As in, make Emeralds worthless and switch to diamonds or something like that? Imo, that would be almost as unfair as taxing, because let’s just say you sold your godly cataclysm for 20 stacks of LE or something like that, and you wanted to buy a divzer with it. But, before you could meet up with the seller with the divzer, an update is pushed, making it illegal to trade with emeralds now and diamonds are the new currency.

blankman likes this.
  13. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think that's what Zed meant. I've seen some examples in morpg's where the game currency became so worethless that the playerbase begun trading in items. I think we eventually will have to start trading in potatoes or something else, since they're actually worth something in-game and it's not as easy to get them as emeralds.

Dr Zed likes this.
  14. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, inflation is a problem, yes people that have the ability to change the way the economy works (I don't mean the traders) know that, but out of your 3 ideas, I only find 1 good, and I don't mean perfect, just good, the horse one : It has a reason lore-wise, doesn't punish players if they go into a break (If you mean that every x blocks the horse has to eat).
    However I would change it to :
    After x blocks, your horse has to eat, if you do not feed him, he will start slowing down, you can feed him with food of high or low quality, the quality of the food will depend on how much blocks the horse will be able to walk without being hungry again.

I would also add that the horse shouldn't be slowing down more than 2 tiers, if you have a white horse and don't feed him at all, he will become a black horse (20/20 if the white was 40/40) if you had a 30/30 chesnut it becomes as slow as a maxed brown.
    I think the minimum should be 1/10 to avoid the horse not being able to move at all.

This way the players aren't forced to feed their horses, especially if they don't have money on them or any bank/horse stations close to them.

Also :
    and
    Seem contradictory, especially after having everyone coming to say that they didn't think the ideas were great.

Dr Zed, Tisaun and Tsuneo like this.
  15. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    This is what I meant. It would be probably best for the admins not to officially impose and enforce it since it would cause the following issues you described, and just let the playerbase decide when it wants to switch over to a different currency.

blankman and SUPER M like this.
  16. NoobDoesMC

Minecraft:
    I love your idea for the horses, I feel like that would work really well.

What do you think the problem with maintaining equipment is?

17. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The equipment breaking when you absolutely need it, or getting less powerful in the middle of a boss fight.
    It would also advantage class that end fight quickly over class that take a lot of time to kill the mob, but rely on defense.

blankman likes this.
  18. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    If they made the durability high enough for most items to the point where you would only need to repair it slightly after grinding for an hour I’d be down for it.

19. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The entire reason high inflation is a problem in Wynncraft is because it causes real wealth, amount of wealth adjusted for purchasing power, to inevitably decrease over time. It essentially devalues previous efforts unless you tirelessly continue to raise wealth.

The entire problem with your suggestion is that it still causes real wealth to inevitably fall over time, just through a different method. You're just giving the problem a different name if that makes sense.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Pokextreme, blankman and Tsuneo like this.
  20. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    Here’s something i just realized:
    This reduces differen amounts of money from peopel with more or less money, but it removes money from everyone.
    So it would go from one person having 100 le and another 10 to one having 10 and another having 1.
    The ratio will still be 1/10.
    This wouldn’t fix the market even if it was implemented extremely well, as people need only a tenth of what they needed before to buy stuff, but it would take ten times longer to get that money.
    So nothing happens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.