Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Featured Wynncraftian Fw S5e4 Part 1 - Snerp

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Pepo, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pepo

Pepo Snt best cult! QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    FEATURED WYNNCRAFTIAN
    Season 5, Episode 4,
    Builder Rank [1/5]

SNERP
    [​IMG]

Hosted by @Pepinho!

Welcome to the first Staff Special Featured Wynncraftian! For the next two weeks, every 2 days a member of the Wynncraft Staff is going to be interviewed with questions by the community!
    To submit a question please read: [This Thread]
    If you have been outside of the planet Earth for some years now and don't know what Featured Wynncraftian is, let me explain it.
    We feature people from the community who have done something relevant or are somewhat interesting and peculiar. They aren't always a popular member, they might be someone who we can do an interesting interview with.

If you think someone deserves Featured Wynncraftian, please nominate them: Here.
    [​IMG]
    Snerp is here to represent the build team! Can you tell us a bit about your job before we start the questions?

[​IMG]
    Well, as builder's we make all the buildings/terrain/cities and quest areas for Wynncraft, the Wynn build team is a bit different to other build teams in my opinion, you don't just have to be good at building, you have to be good at understanding the viewpoint of a player aswell, so that the game feels good. Though about the build server; Usually how it works is the managers/gm's will make requests for stuff that needs built, And we make it for them. Sometimes a big project can come up and several people work on it to complete it (eg. Troms), or a builder will ask if they can build something here or there just to have something to do. The managers will then give out karma (point system of ct) to the builders who did the work for them.
    I would say the hard part of starting something is different for the type of build, usually if it's a house or a building I find the hard part thinking of the stuff to put in it, for a piece of terrain it's the texture. But overall I'd say the hardest part which could be true for all builders is thinking of a purpose for the build. To answer the 2nd question.. personally I don't look at real pictures often, most of my stuff comes from my imagination or other builds in the game. But i know that other builders do look at pictures, it depends on what you feel like, it's up to you.
    Yes and no I'd say. The builds are usually what impresses most players, but really I feel it's the combination of the builds, lore, content and other stuff that brings it together to feel magical.
    I didn't have much drive to join the ct in the first place, I just thought honestly "hey my builds are pretty good... I should try join the ct..maybe" I doubt I would've reapplied if I was denied back then, as I didn't have much confidence in my building skill, but now after being with them for a while...I have become a much better builder than I was.

[​IMG]
    Yes, quest areas do have a design that has to be followed, but there is flexibility as the builders have a say in the design of the area, and can bring stuff to the table that the gm's wouldn't of thought of, Wynn isn't too strict about the design of stuff overall, if builders can't be creative then it would end up feeling quite empty honestly.
    Not really honestly, a lot of the old Wynn and gavel buildings contain a lot of overdetail, which can be very confusing to look at. We've been trying to take a more clean approach to building now and expanding into builds in the 1.5x and 2x scale (stuff where the size of a player is considered a bit bigger), examples include the new troms castle and ragni, as we feel it is more player friendly, for gameplay and the eyes.
    For me I would say just normal stone, since most of the work I do on the ct is terraforming, I wouldn't use it in every build, but it's an underrated block for buildings in my opinion. My favourite style of building is stuff that involves stonework usually.
    In a rough order the prioritys would be, code, quests, bug fixes, quest builds, big build projects, smaller build projects, aesthetic based redos (eg. bad texturing on a bit of terrain), and tiny details. Quests and developer stuff are always the highest priority, and the ct must keep focused on them to keep the flow going, usually though the quest builds are finished before the quest is so it leaves space for builders to other things such as a redo of something or improving an area. The last thing that will be done in an update is all the bug fixing and testing which can take a while, and sometimes the builders and gm's like to squeeze in a few more improvements to the map during that phase.
    I feel wynn is more of an rpg with multiplayer aspects than an mmo, as a lot of the features that are in an mmo aren't fully developed in wynn, and since there's little reliance on doing stuff in a group it dosent really feel too multiplayer, I hope in the future it will be more like an mmo though.

This concludes the first staff interview of the 5th season of Featured Wynncraftian!
    Message me if you have any feedback to give.
    The next interview should be in around 2 days!
    Here you can find previous Featured Wynncraftian interviews: Interviews.​

2. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Aye this is pretty cool, nice to see that a lit dude like Snerp got to represent the build team c:

Props to y'all, your builds are what make the game as great as it is
    and as bad as it is cough cough it may have taken me a year and a half to understand the fucking canyon

Still, gg, thanks for all of your work guys <3

Aya, coolname2034 and Snerp like this.
  3. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    I can't believe my question of "How are your jalapenos doing?" didn't make it. I call rigged

Moukassi, TwageTomato, Aya and 9 others like this.
  4. WispyCream

WispyCream Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    i'm not used to you without ears

Aya and coolname2034 like this.
  5. GoodNermss

GoodNermss Your friendly neighborhood robot

Minecraft:
    Nice, the last question was mine and Im glad it was answered. Cant wait for more interviews :>

coolname2034 and Snerp like this.
  6. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER reeeee FW FW HIC Master HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wow cursed image lord finally became FW

Aya, coolname2034 and Snerp like this.
  7. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yay snurp