Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Damage Immunity When Joining A Server

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by ???, Feb 25, 2018.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes, this idea is good.

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Yes, but I'd like it more if you changed this... (tell me what)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, but maybe if you change this... (tell me what)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. No, this idea is not good. (tell me why)

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ???

??? ??? GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey all, been extremely long since I posted a suggestion but here goes.
    In my opinion, when you join a server or class, there should be a brief period of damage immunity. Roughly 3 seconds or so.
    Why?
    Well, have you ever joined a server only to have the resource pack load, dying in the process due to the delay? Yeah, that's why I'd like to have that in.
    Now, you may be thinking "Wouldn't this mean you can spam /class to be invincible?" or "Can't you just log off in a place that is safe?"
    Well, first of all, what about crashing? Or having to go off without time to get to a safe place? Should we be punished for things out of our control?
    And as for /class spam, this could very well be a serious issue. I propose a delay between each /class, maybe 10
    seconds. As long as the delay is longer than the immunity, /class would not be spammable to cause you to gain complete invincibility.
    Another option here is to cause you to be unable to deal damage while in that invincibility period, too. That way, you'd effectively have three seconds of being unable to deal or take damage. In fact, that would probably be a must, because dealing damage while you're literally invincible is not good.

Leave suggestions on how I can improve this or if this is even worth it at all in the replies, thanks.

SUPER M likes this.
  2. tecnojet

tecnojet Lazy sheet VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    cant you just toggle autojoin?

3. ???

??? ??? GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    so you're in the class menu
    you still need to load the resource pack when you join a class

SUPER M likes this.
  4. tecnojet

tecnojet Lazy sheet VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wut, The resource pack loads in the class menu so when u pick a class its already loaded?

Pokextreme and CookedPelvis like this.
  5. ???

??? ??? GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hmm okay true
    still though, it would prevent potential ambushes
    the resource pack may be loaded but you still will probably lose health in the scenarios I presented

6. Jensiwaa

Jensiwaa Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I feel like some kind of invulnerability could probably be abused. Another alternative solution to your problem could be to put the server resource pack offline and by that remove the loading time. Doing this, however, will require you to manually update the resource pack whenever a new version comes around.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  7. ???

??? ??? GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I already covered that topic with two options for minimizing the abuse: a delay for every time you do /class (so that you're not invincible) and you not being able to deal damage while invincible

8. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Was talking with people about this...
    As soon as you attack a mob the immunity should immediately run out
    Maybe as soon as you move (with WASD) it should run out too.

Even though I don't use the server resource pack, I use a client side one and I don't have to wait for the resource pack to load, I'll still spawn in to... let's say Corkus and get a bit of lag. I can't move for a second or two, and my health will be decreased due to the higher level mobs there, and I'll have to waste my potions.

Also there is obviously a delay when you spawn in for mobs to start spawning in..... unless the area you spawned in was just visited by another player, or a player is currently there.

I agree, there should be an immunity timer for a few seconds but I don't know if it will ever be implemented.

??? and CookedPelvis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.